• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 4,434 Views, 214 Comments

The Crystal Prep Files - FoxMcCloud7921



Taking place during and after the events of "Legend of Everfree", the girls from Crystal Prep become aware of magical oddities taking place at and near their school.

  • ...
5
 214
 4,434

Chapter 13

After leaving the mall, Sunny dropped off Twilight at her house before heading back home. She decided not to tell anyone of their little trip. Maybe Twilight would be able to impress her friends for once.

There were only a few hours to go before the party started so Sunny went ahead and got ready. Indigo gave her a call, letting her and the others know that she’d be the one driving this time and she’d be coming around five thirty. That kind of worried Sunny; even though she tended to drive fast, Indigo always had a need for speed, and it was any wonder the girl even had a driver’s license, and a clean record to boot.

Going to a party like this was much different than school. At school, everyone had the same uniform, but in ways people still stood out. Here was no exception and you had to stand out, obviously in a good way. Sunny wasn’t lost on the fact that some people wouldn’t be too happy to see Twilight. Transferring wasn’t necessarily something to be ashamed of, but doing it by choice and to a school such as Canterlot High, which to almost everyone was still seen as inferior, would rub many the wrong way.

Sugarcoat then gave her a call saying she’d be getting there a bit early but she’d try to do some reconnaissance of the house, her words exact. Sunny didn’t comment on the fact, but she could’ve sworn she heard slight excitement in the girl’s tone.

A little after five thirty, Indigo brought her dad’s Denali up to the driveway. Sunny had made sure to leave her mom a note before leaving. As she got in, she noticed the girls went with the same choice as she had: a small blouse with a matching skirt, in varying colors. “Are we missing someone?” Sunny asked.

“Gotta head to Sparkle’s but then that’s it,” Indigo said as she quickly pulled out of the driveway. “I don’t want to sound mean, but I really hope she doesn’t just wear her old school uniform.” Sunny smiled slightly in the back seat.

They got to Twilight’s house a few minutes later and Indigo honked on the horn. The door soon opened and Twilight came out. Sunny glanced around and saw everyone’s jaws drop.

Indigo decided to pull the windows down. “Damn girrlll…”

Twilight was wearing a red summer dress with matching heels and carrying a small bag. She stopped in her tracks and looked down. “What? Don’t tell me I got something on this already?”

“No I mean damn girl I think you put us all to shame,” Indigo said. “Well come on, we got a party to go to.”

Twilight got inside and sat next to Sunny who gave her a wink as she smiled. “Oh…I get it now,” Sour said as the SUV took off. “What the hell Sunny? I thought this was semi-casual.”

“It was an emergency,” Sunny replied. “Besides, you have like four dresses of your own.”

“Well I think the color fits her,” Lemon said. “She’s definitely going to be turning heads.”

“You got that right.” The voice came from Twilight’s bag as Spike popped his head out. “Good thing she already has a boyfriend.”

“Wait, you’re bringing the dog too?” Sour asked.

“I can’t leave him alone at home!” Twilight argued.

“Isn’t Blueblood allergic to dogs?” Indigo asked.

“Is that supposed to make me feel bad?”

“Hm…fair point.”

Blueblood’s house was on the other side of the city. Actually, it wasn’t even accurate to call it a house but instead a mansion. Blueblood came from a very wealthy family and as far as Twilight knew, they didn’t really interact with Celestia or Luna very often.

The front gates had been left open for easy access, and they saw that a number of people had already shown up. “Oh man I really they’re not…yep they’re already here,” Indigo groaned.

“Well, are you really surprised?” Sour asked. “Those two and Blueblood are probably the only people who anything in common with one another. It’s going to be quite ‘smuggy’ in there.”

“Who exactly are we talking about?” Twilight asked.

“If you have to ask, you’ve been spared having to deal with them,” Sunny said. “Just…don’t make eye contact with them.”

Once they got out and made their way towards the house, they could see it was starting to fill up quickly. Once they got inside, they truly got to see how wealthy the Blueblood family was. The mansion had two floors with a large staircase in the middle. There were two doors on either side of the first floor, most likely going to the kitchen and grand room, while the second floor contained mostly of the bedrooms. A DJ was currently on the first floor with speakers connected all over the first floor.

“Oh man, how are we supposed to find his room now?” Indigo groaned.

“Wait, you mean you’ve never been here before?” Twilight asked.

“We wouldn’t come within five hundred meters if we didn’t have to,” Sour replied.

“Okay, then we’ll have to search every room there is,” Sunny said. “Once we know where Blueblood is we can-”

“Sunny Flare is that you!?”

Sunny grit her teeth slightly and took a deep breath before turning around and smiling. “Jet Set! Upper Crust! What a surprise!”

“We can certainly say the same, we certainly weren’t expecting to see you here,” Upper Crust said, insisting on giving the girl a hug whether Sunny liked it or not.

“Oh…well it was quite the week, wouldn’t you think?” Sunny asked.

“Very much so. It’ll be great to finally graduate,” Upper Crust replied. “Oh, I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of meeting your friends.”

Sunny made the quick introductions. “And uh…of course you must know Twilight.”

“Oh yes,” Jet Set said, giving Twilight a hard look. “If I may ask, how is life at CHS?”

“Oh it’s good…very good,” Twilight said.

“Now now Jet, no need to give the girl a hard time,” Upper Crust said. “Crystal Prep is a very tough environment for some so perhaps it was too much for her.” Twilight wasn’t sure whether this was supposed to be an insult or not.

“Upper Crust, you should know better than to assume things like that.” Sugarcoat and Royal Pin came up to them, both dressed quite formally. Sunny nodded to her friend slightly, thankful for the rescue.

“Oh Sugarcoat, Royal Pin, you two look so adorable,” Upper Crust gushed. “Did we have a nice dinner before coming here, hmm?”

Both Sugarcoat and Royal looked away uncomfortably. “No, we’re just here as friends that’s all,” Royal said. “Actually, I think I’m going to get something to drink…Say Upper Crust, Jet, why don’t you tell me about the arrangements you two made this summer.” He then ushered both of them away while glancing over at Sugarcoat and nodding slightly.

“Wow, talk about Royal to the rescue,” Indigo said. “I swear, even when she talks its super annoying.”

“Royal’s good about picking up cues…and he knows well enough that most of us aren’t fans of those two,” Sugarcoat said. “So, here we all are now. What’s the plan?”

“Well first of all, Crust was right, you do look amazing Sugar,” Sunny grinned slightly.

Sugarcoat blushed slightly but waved it off. “It’s nothing really…although I admit Twilight looks nice as well. Sunny went shopping for you didn’t she?”

Twilight sighed. “Yes…”

“Anyway, we need to find Blueblood’s room…speaking of which where is he?” Sunny asked.

“Well you know him, he likes to make a grand entrance,” Sugarcoat said. Suddenly the lights started to dim. “…Like right about now.”

The music had cut off mid track but now a new song played. As it started, spotlights suddenly turned on and were dancing around the room. They kept going around until they started to slow and moved towards the top of the stairs where someone was standing. Blueblood was wearing a rather expensive suit with matching pants and a pair of aviators. He also apparently had about four other guys with him. With a slight smile, he pulled out a microphone.

“Players…put yo’ pinky rings up to the moon!” He then started walking down. “Girls, what y’all trying to do? Twenty-four karat magic in the air…head to toe so player! Look out!

“Pop pop, its show time!”

“Show time!”

“Show time!”

“Show time!”

“Guess who’s back again!? Oh they don’t know?”

“Go on tell ‘em!”

“Oh they don’t know!?”

“Go on tell ‘em!”

“I bet they know soon as we walk in.”

“Showin’ up!”

“Wearing Cuban links.”

“Yeah!”

“Designer minks.”

“Yeah!”

“Inglewood’s finest shoes.”

“Whoop whoop!”

“Don’t look too hard might hurt ya’self, known to give the color red the blues!”

“Oh shit!” Blueblood then threw out a whole bunch of bills. “I’m a dangerous man with some money in my pocket.”

“Keep up!”

“So many pretty girls around me and they waking up the rocket.”

“Keep up!”

“Why you mad? Fix ya face, ain’t my fault y’all be jocking.”

“Keep up!”

“Players only, come on. Put yo’ pinky rings up to the moon! Girls, what y’all trying to do? Twenty-four karat magic in the air…head to toe so player! Look out!”

“Second verse for the hustlas!”

“Hustlas!”

“Gangstas!”

“Gangstas!”

“Bad bitches and ya ugly ass friends!”

“Can I preach?”

“Uh oh!”

“Can I preach?”

“Uh oh!”

“I gotta show ‘em how a pimp get it in. First, take your sip, do your dip, spend your money like-”

“MONEY AIN’T SHIT!” the entire mansion yelled.

“We too fresh, gotta blame it on Lauren.”

“Hashtag blessed!”

“They ain’t ready for me!”

“I’m a dangerous man with some money in my pocket.”

“Keep up!”

“So many pretty girls around me and they waking up the rocket.”

“Keep up!”

“Why you mad? Fix ya face, ain’t my fault y’all be jocking.”

“Keep up!”

“Players only, come on. Put yo’ pinky rings up to the moon! Hey girls, what y’all trying to do? Twenty-four karat magic in the air…head to toe so player! Look out!”

“Everywhere I go they be like…”

“Ooh so player!”

“Everywhere I go they be like…”

“Ooh so player!”

“Everywhere I go they be like…”

“Ooh so player!” Lemon suddenly yelled before getting jabbed in the side by Indigo.

“Now watch me break it down like-!”

“Twenty four karat, twenty four karat magic!”

“What’s that sound?”

“Twenty four karat, twenty four karat magic!”

“Come on now!”

“Twenty four karat, twenty four karat magic!”

“Don’t fight the feeling, invite the feeling!

“Just put yo’ pinky rings up to the moon! Girls, what y’all trying to do? Twenty-four karat magic in the air…head to toe so player! Look out!”

The track finally ended and everyone cheered for him. Well, mostly everyone. “Damn, it really did get smuggy in here,” Indigo muttered.

“Thank you, thank you everyone!” Blueblood said, ditching the microphone and taking off his aviators. “It’s so great to have all my friends here, especially this year. I know, I know, it is sad this is going to be my last year at Crystal Prep but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves! Speaking of enjoyment, I heard quite the rumor today. An old friend of mine who recently transferred is here tonight.”

“Oh no…” Twilight whispered.

“And that friend is none other than Twilight Sparkle! Twilight, where are you, come on out!” The room suddenly went quiet as many pairs of eyes turned in her direction. All of a sudden, bad memories were starting to surface in Twilight’s head. Some were muttering to themselves while others seemed to be giving her death stares.

“Now now everyone don’t be like!” Blueblood assured them. “Once a Shadowbolt, always a Shadowbolt and Sparkle is no exception! Come on over Sparkle its cool!”

Much against her will, Twilight decided to step forward, still being stared at. “Um…hi everyone.”

“This could get really ugly,” Sour whispered.

“Then we better hurry,” Sunny said. “Sugarcoat, can you keep an eye on Twilight so no one tries to kill her?”

“That’s fine, I need to go find Royal anyway,” Sugarcoat replied.

The four girls casually went upstairs and looked down the large hallway. “Alright, I guess we each pick a door,” Sunny said. “I’m going to assume the largest one is the master bedroom so we can count that one out.”

Unfortunately, as they quickly found out, all the doors save the bathrooms were locked. “Well, I guess Blueblood is smarter than he looks,” Sunny said. “Alright, new plan: we need to get Blueblood to open his door somehow.”

“Like how, ask him nicely?” Indigo asked.

Sunny looked slightly uncomfortable. “I didn’t want it to come to this but…someone’s gonna have to-”

“Nope!” Sour suddenly yelled. “I’m going to stop you right there…We’re not doing that.”

“Well someone has to!” Sunny snapped. “You think anyone else is going to!?”

“If we’re putting this to a vote…I’m voting Lemon,” Indigo said.

“What!?” Lemon yelled.

“Well it can’t be me, I don’t think he likes his girls too muscular,” Indigo said.

“And he likes girls with long hair so I’m out,” Sunny said.

“He probably thinks I’m crazy so unless he’s got a fetish for that I think I don’t have a chance either.”

“Well…he’s not wrong-”

“Shut the fuck up Indigo!”

“Wait a minute…are you guys calling me ‘easy’!?” Lemon snapped.

“No way!” Indigo said. “You’re just….well…you I guess.”

“Bitch.” Lemon sighed. “Fine, but if he touches anything and I mean anything, I’m sending him to the emergency room.”

“Alright, but before you do that, you have to make sure to play the part well,” Sunny said.

“Meaning?”

“How good is your tolerance level?”


Meanwhile, Blueblood was continuing his little speech, and seemed to be enjoying every single moment of it. Twilight felt the complete opposite. “Now you guys know Shining Armor right? He’s a great guy. We’ve been buds since we were ten.”

“That’s because he felt bad for you,” Twilight said.

There were a few chuckles in the crowd as Blueblood paused in surprise. He then burst out laughing. “That’s a good one Sparkle! Haha, no really. I think she’s still kind of sour cause we both used to tease her a lot. I admit I probably took it just a little too far…”

The smugness of his character and the fact that he was downplaying the entire thing made Twilight want to go over and knock his lights out. Rainbow Dash had been teaching her to how hit someone properly, although until now she didn’t find a reason for it.

“But that’s enough about me and Sparkle, we got all night to celebrate and, well, you all know me, I always like to end things with a bang!”

Blueblood then walked off to get a drink while everyone else went back to what they were doing, whether it was dancing, chattering, or getting something to snack on. Twilight then looked around and found the others huddled near the bar area.

“I’m assuming by your looks you weren’t able to find it yet?” Twilight asked. “And…what is she doing?”

Lemon was too busy taking shots. The look on her face told everyone she wasn’t used to drinking liquor. “We kind of had to resort to Plan B,” Sunny said.

“If I’m doing this…I don’t even want to remember it, even if I end up puking my guts out,” Lemon said miserably as she took another shot of tequila. “Ugh, this stuff is terrible!”

“Lemon Zest, what the hell are you doing!?” Sugarcoat was coming over and staring at her friend in shock.

Lemon smiled slightly. “Apparently I’m getting fucked up…hopefully not literally.”

“We had no choice, and don’t worry we’re not letting her get plastered,” Indigo said as she took away the shot glasses. “Now give it like five minutes and it’ll kick in, trust me.”

“I think it already is…” Lemon coughed. “I’m such a lightweight…you guys are going to owe me big time.”

“I think she’s gonna have to stay at my place tonight,” Indigo said as she rubbed Lemon’s back gently.

“Lemon listen, you just need to get him to unlock the door,” Sunny told her. “We’ll keep an eye on you, we promise. Once he does that, we make our move.”

“You ready for this?” Sour asked.

“Nope…but I guess its better this way,” Lemon said as she stumbled across the room.

“How many shots did she drink exactly?” Twilight asked.

“She started off strong but…she couldn’t go more than seven,” Indigo said.

“Seven!?” Both Twilight and Sugarcoat stared at her.

Meanwhile, Blueblood was speaking to a group of people, including Jet Set and Upper Crust. “Yeah, those finals were a piece of cake personally,” Blueblood said. “Of course, with me going to the best university in the state, it’s not so surprising is it?”

“Oh Blueblood~”

He looked over and saw a girl walking towards him with a wide smile on her face. “Oh um…Lemon Zest right?”

“That’s right…I think I overdid it and need to lay down somewhere…”

Already? That was fast, even by his standards. Still, he wasn’t going to leave the poor girl hanging. “Ah…well I’m sure there’s a couch or something around here to rest on.”

“Or…we could go upstairs…~”

Interesting. He didn’t know the girl very well, other than the fact she always carried around a pair of headphones. But he couldn’t deny that the girl was very cute. After all, the night was still young and if the girl wanted to be frisky, maybe he’d have more luck later on. “I suppose we could do that…” He then cleared his throat and looked back to the group. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to help this girl find a place to rest.”

He then escorted her upstairs while the girl stumbled slightly going up the stairs. It looked innocent enough but if anyone happened to be watching they knew otherwise. The girls casually followed from a safe distance.

“You’ll have to excuse me, you never know when someone feels like they have to go steal something,” Blueblood said as they reached his door and pulled out a key.

“Ooh like what?” Lemon asked.

“Very valuable things,” Blueblood said discreetly as he opened the door. To no surprise, the room was bigger than any of the rooms the girls had at their homes. “Impressive isn’t it?”

“Yes. Very.” Lemon suddenly pushed him with surprising strength and he fell and landed on his bed.

Okay, the girl was friskier than he imagined but he wasn’t complaining. However, as he looked up, he realized it wasn’t just Lemon in his room now.

“Hello Blueblood,” Twilight glared at him while the other girls surrounded her.

“What the? Sparkle? Sorry ladies, I don’t do uh…not with six of you. Especially not with you Sparkle, that’s just weird.”

“In your dreams,” Indigo scoffed. “We know you got a keycard to the school and you’re going to give it to us.”

Blueblood stared at them. He didn’t offer a rebuttal, or a denial of whatever they were talking about. Instead, his face crept into a smirk. “Oh really? I didn’t think you were the type of girls who wanted to break into the school.”

“We’re not going to steal anything, like you have,” Sugarcoat said. “Just make it easy for us and give us what we want.”

“Or what? You’re going to report me?” Blueblood asked. “You’ve got nothing on me. No proof or anything.”

“That’s true…we had no evidence,” Twilight said. “However, you did just admit that you indeed have a card and that pretty much connects you to the theft of school property.” She then pulled out a recording device from her bag. “And it’s all recorded on here now, thanks to your big mouth.”

Blueblood suddenly went pale. “I uh…c-come on ladies maybe we can work something out here…this is more than the card isn’t it? You know what I’m worth, I can always-”

“Alright, will you please shut up already!?” Surprisingly, this came from Twilight who got into his face. “It’s bad enough that I had to come here in the first place, and then once again get humiliated by you in front of everyone and now you want to weasel your way out of this!?”

Suddenly, Blueblood realized his feet were no longer touching the ground. “W-What is this!?”

“Oh don’t act so surprised Blueblood,” Twilight said. “I’m sure everyone here told you what happened at the Friendship Games.”

“Oh Faust…this is witchcraft!”

“Now you see Blueblood, I’m the one in charge, I call the shots now!”

“Take it down a notch,” Sunny cautioned her.

“I-I can have you arrested right now for assault!” Blueblood yelled at her.

“Assault!? I’ll show you assault!” Suddenly Blueblood yelped in a combination of fear, panic, and surprise as he felt his boxers being pulled up very uncomfortably.

“Yeah, I’d love to see you explain to the police that you got assaulted by a girl…with magic,” Sour said.

“Hey Blueblood, have you seen…oh…” Royal Pin was standing at the door and Sunny wished she had closed the door before.

“Royal Pin! Thank Faust! You gotta call the cops right now! This girl is dangerous and belongs in a mental asylum!” Blueblood yelled at him.

Royal Pin stared at the whole scene for a moment. “Well…if I do that you could get arrested for supplying alcohol to minors.”

“…Damn it. Well who cares, this girl is trying to kill me!”

“Well no offense Blueblood, but you kind of had it coming,” Royal Pin said, giving him a hard look. “I’ll uh…head back downstairs and let you girls finish whatever you’re doing here.” He smiled at Sugarcoat who returned it before he left.

“You…you traitor!”

“He’s way more of a man than you are,” Sugarcoat glared at him. “And again, you’re forgetting where you are right now.”

“Last chance. Tell us where it is or else you’ll lose the means of having an heir to the family,” Twilight threatened him.

“Do it anyway,” Spike said in her bag.

“Okay okay! It’s…in the first drawer behind you.”

Sunny went over and looked through the drawer until she found a small blank card. “Got it,” she said.

“You got what you want so…can you let me go now?” Blueblood pleaded.

Twilight gave him a hard look before she let him go, making him hit the floor instead of the bed. “Glad we finally understand one another Blueblood,” she said sweetly. Blueblood just groaned as the group left his room.

“Damn Sparkle, remind me never to piss you off,” Indigo said as they went downstairs.

“Sorry, it’s kind of easy to get upset when you have to deal with someone like him for years,” Twilight said.

Royal Pin was standing near the entrance. “Ah, finished already?” he asked. “Don’t worry, it’s not my place to ask what’s going on. Whatever happened to Blueblood I don’t particularly feel bad for him.”

“Thank you for not ratting us out,” Sunny said. “But I think we may have to get going now.”

“Yeah, I don’t think this whole thing is to my liking after all,” Royal Pin replied. He then looked to Sugarcoat. “It is still kind of early though so…maybe we can stop somewhere for a bite to eat? If that’s alright.”

“Actually…that sounds rather nice,” Sugarcoat said. She then looked to the others. “Sorry, I’m going to be hanging out with Royal for a bit longer.”

“That’s fine,” Sunny said. “We’ll see you tomorrow then.” She then gave Royal a wry smile as the rest of them headed back to the SUV.

“How you feeling Lemon?” Indigo asked.

“Like I’m going to feel like shit tomorrow,” Lemon replied. “But it’s alright…even if I feel bad that whole scene was worth it.”

“Speaking of which,” Sunny said. She then pulled out the card and handed it to Twilight. “I think you’ve earned this.”

“Me?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, we kinda put you up to this after all,” Sunny said. “So you deserve all the credit.”

“Are you absolutely sure Blueblood won’t try anything?” Twilight asked.

Sour giggled. “Are you kidding me? No man, especially Blueblood, will ever admit he got hustled by a group of women.”


Afterwards, Twilight was dropped off back at her house and as soon as she was back inside she was ready to crash on the couch. “Well, that went better than expected,” Spike said as he jumped out of her bag.

“Yeah, I’m certainly glad the cops weren’t called, and I hope they won’t be at all,” Twilight replied, laying her head back. “It wasn’t all bad though.”

“Least you got to relieve about five years of stress right?” Spike asked with a sly grin.

Twilight returned the grin. “You know, I wasn’t exactly bluffing about what I said.”

“Oh I know. Midnight Sparkle certainly would’ve done it.”

“Very funny.”

“But hey, you’re getting better with your magic right?”

“True.” Twilight thought about it. “I mean, it was mostly my emotions going off but at least I didn’t accidentally send him through the roof.”

Suddenly, her cell phone went off and she saw that Sunset was calling. “So…how’d it go?” she asked.

“Well, we got what we needed so I think we’re all ready for tomorrow,” Twilight replied.

“And…?”

“And what?”

“What happened? Come on, I want details!”

“Well, let’s just say…” Twilight explained what went down and at one point Sunset had dropped her phone because she was laughing so hard.

Author's Note:

I don't know why this too so long but I'm kind of glad it's over. :twilightsheepish: There's still a lot to go in this story so I'm going to focus on this, nothing else, until it's done, fin, finito.

And yes, I've been waiting to put that little scene (you know which one) for awhile and quite honestly, that song says a lot about Blueblood (and every other aristocrat) down to a T.