• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 601 Views, 3 Comments

To Find Home - Selena Quintanilla



A curly maned stallion is about to find a miracle when an unknown zebra collapses on the Ponyville train station.

  • ...
4
 3
 601

Risking it all

" To think I considered yah my son would be da greatest dishonor this family has ever seen."

" Yah bring dat shame in which no-zebra should bear."

" Yah disgust me, yah have no place here."

" GO FIND ANOTHER HOME!!"

That is how he remembered it and he knew it was over.
He said this final comment before leaving forever, " h... h-how could yah?"

Stepping into the train and setting off to find some place he could call home.
_________________________________________________________________________________
On an Autumn day in Ponyville it was buzzing with life.
From Celestia's beautiful crisp sun, to the clouds that were kept neatly due to the professional work of the pegasi.

Although, in the vibrant city Hall in Ponyville, in a small little house there lived a stallion, most notable for his musical abilities, and his name was Curly Note.

As specks of sunlight poured in from the blinds, it nuzzled the pony's snout, causing him to awaken ever so slightly. He peeped his eyes open and wriggled his nose all the while still in a slumber mode.

He yawned as he arched his back, getting in his first wake up call for the day. Gently he got up and made his way towards the bathroom for some prep time. He entered his bathroom and viewed himself in the mirror.

A short description of Curly Note would be that he was tall and lanky, has an elongated face, and most significantly his curly afro, in which is name is derived from. Although, none of these features bother Curly, he cares about his personality and making his friends smile.

He playfully bobbed his head around causing his extremely curly hair to move vigorously. He giggled to himself and got into the shower and started a warm bath. As he bathed his hair and fur became soggy with the water, leaving a funny looking Curly Note. He turned off the water and dried himself off, and next came was to condition his hair. He went over to the sink's counter and opened a bag with simple hair products in it, took out a bottle of conditioner and applied it all over. Grabbing a hair-brush from the bag Curly combed his hair into a neat purme. It looked like a tightly knit bowl of noodles.

His friends always call him out for his insane hair, but they know that doesn't judge the warm soul that is Curly Note. As an occupant in Ponyville Curly plays at local clubs like at, "Live-night" or "Moonside club." His specialty as a mucisian is playing the bari-sax. Most ponies are perplexed on how anypony can play an obscure instrument like that, but for Curly he is just gifted at it. His friend, Salient Crisp, always has his back at everything, she is his closest friend.

Ever since he was a young foal Salient Crisp and him were always a rag-tag pair of friends. Curly doesn't know what he would do without her. As it is, he lives alone with no parental help, just himself and a little pug named, "Fluffball," that he adopter a year ago. Salient knows how insecure Curly can be when he doesn't have anyone to talk to, and she is always pestering him to find a nice stallion.

But his excuse all the time is, " No.. no I don't have time and I can hardly keep myself financially stable. Why would any stallion want a partner like that?"

Salient replies," Well you'll have to grow up sometime and hey come on, maybe not today, but one day you will find the right stallion."

That's how it is all the time, always having each other's back and never abondoning who they are.
Funny enough, today he is meeting her at the train station, because she is returning from her trip in Appleloosa.

Before leaving he made sure Fluffball had proper food and water, as to not starve the poor animal. Fluffball yapped happily and Curly rubbed the cute dog.

He quickly got out and headed for the streets of Ponyville. He was anxious to meet Salient at the train station, and he was always punctual when it came to important meetings. His plan was to greet and pick up Salient from the train station, then they would have a nice chat while eating on a early breakfast.

He trotted to the far end of Ponyville where the train station would be. The fresh aromas and nice patches of flowers pleased Curly, in a very calming way. As he arrived he noticed the lack of ponies and eerie emptiness it held.

While he waited he could hear a distinct whistle from a distance. He thought to himself that it was too quick for a train to be arriving. A quick glance at the train station's clock indicated that it was only 6:30, and this train's arrival was quite unusual for a normal resident of Ponyville. Salient Crisp wouldn't arrive until at least 7:05, this was certainly peculiar.

He soon saw the puffs of an up-coming train headed for the station. As it neared he saw the train had a minimum of two carts and the forefront. It stopped promptly right by the station, and the train whislted its arrival. The doors opened from the carts and two poines came out, an old mare and a stallion pegasus. What came next was surprising to Curly Note, from inside the carts came a broad figure with a cape draped over its body. It wobbled and stuttered around before collapsing to the ground.

He could hear the moans that were coming from the figure, this worried him and he trotted over to see if he could help. As Curly Note hurried to assist this strange being, the cape came unloose and revealed the stranger he was shocked to find a beaten up zebra stallion.

All Curly could say was, " W- what?"

Author's Note:

Woah that was a doozy, well that the first chapter done.
Interesting to say the least, let's see what our little stallion will do for this zebra.
Also not much dialogue for this first chapter, but upcoming we will see the characters intteract
.