• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 1,268 Views, 139 Comments

Pinkie Explores the Dark - David Silver



You are Pinkie Pie. You are about seven to twelve summers old, you never really kept super strict count of that. You spot a creepy house just outside your farmland and decide to have a little peek. -- Readers make the shots, this is a CYOA type story

  • ...
5
 139
 1,268

2 - Browsing

After a moment of thought, you come to a quick decision. You begin searching the kitchen under the light of that lantern. There was old forks, spoons, and some knives. You are not at all interested in having dinner right now though. Besides, you don't see a single solitary thing worth eating. What kind of kitchen has no food?

Ah ha! You do spot a spindle of twine. That's totally gonna be helpful, so you stuff it in your frizzy hair for later.

You reach with your mouth for the lantern only for a face to suddenly rise from the counter. You squeak with surprise and fall back, but the face follows you. It's a pony, but you can see through him. He looks kinda young. A colt at best. "H-hello?" you stammer at him.

"Hi!" speaks the ghost. He sounds friendly, thank Celestia.

You feel a smile coming. A friendly ghost hardly seems worth being worked up about. "I'm Pinkie, who are you?"

"I'm..." He goes silent suddenly and looks around as if frightened. "You should go. Mother's coming."

Mother? "Is she nice?"

He gives a haunted smile, though being a ghost seems like cheating when it comes to that. "Go!" He thrusts a hoof towards the downstairs. "She never checks the furnace!"

A loud voice sounds from upstairs, coming closer with slow steps. "Who are you talking to?!"

"Go!" he hisses at you before turning to face the living room. "No one, mom!"

"Are you lying again?" accused the voice, steps coming closer. "I'll tan your little bottom and have a new hat if I see anypony here."

The poor ghost colt looks like he's about ready to die, again. You grab your lantern and scurry for the door. "We'll talk later," you hurry to say before you scramble through the door and half-stumble down those steep steps.

Thankfully, your lantern lights the way as you descend towards the basement that is every bit as creepy as a basement can possibly be. Cobwebs occupy every corner. Nothing looks new or clean. Disquieting stains are on the walls and appliances from Celestia-knows-what.

It feels like you're being watched, but you left the ghosts behind, right? You glance left and right as you go, trying to keep the words of your dear grandmother in mind. "A scary thing is just a normal thing you're worried about," you say to yourself. "Just look at it again and realize why it's nothing but a laugh that you're so worked up." Saying her words helps to calm you a little as you trot timidly out into the center of the room. There's a funny smell in the air, like bread you left out for too long.

Light suddenly spills in from above! "Don't think I'll trust you so easily! I'll find this little 'friend' of yours and when I do!"

Fear explodes through your little body, heart going thump-a-thump-a! She was gonna find you, and do something horrible! And, well, you didn't want that. What did that little colt say? The furnace?

You spin around wildly before your eyes come to rest on that rusty beast and you hurry for it. There is a metal grate on the front that you pull open. Its tiny squeak sounds like a huge alarm going off. You hop inside into the darkness. Your lantern strikes the coal or whatever is in there as black dust kicks up. The light is gone, but it's just as well as someone else is coming fast.

You're breathing a mile a minute as you swing back around towards the door you can barely see and grab that grate. You pull it shut with another deafening squeak then scramble into the darkness, tripping over yourself as you go. You crash to the ground and finally skid to a halt.

Your eyes and nose sting terribly. Whatever that dust is, it's really getting at you. You want to sneeze, but you don't dare. You can hear those steps coming closer still. You slap your hooves over your snout to hold in your body's maddening need to make noise.

"Where are you hiding them, ungrateful little foal?" The voice's light swings right past the grate of the furnace, allowing you to, for a split second, see the strangely large furnace you're hiding in. "You know mother doesn't like playing this game..."

"I didn't see anypony!" comes the frightened voice of the colt from upstairs. "Honest!"

"You always say that." You hear the person pushing things around, knocking things over. Something large slides roughly against the floor. "Filthy little colt. Why did I even bother making you?"

What a terribly mean thing to say! You want to give her a piece of your mind, but that may not be such a good idea?

Author's Note:

https://www.poll-maker.com/results941462x94354Ed4-39#tab-2

Choices were very mixed, but checking out the kitchen seems to be the top priority, so let's do that!


Sorry for taking so long! There should be at least one more chapter this week, promise. But first, voting.

What do?!

1) Confront mother
2) Wait until she leaves
3) Look, a distraction!
4) Maybe you could try being a ghost? You're all powdered up.
5) Forget the mother, the colt needs a friend.
6) Forget both of them! Let's get out of here!