• Published 30th Dec 2016
  • 1,066 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbows of the Sun - IBlitz2000



A group of armed ponies sent by an infamous organisation took Twilight and the ones that she care about as hostages and demanded Princess Celestia to step down from power. Hope was fading until a group of counter-terrorist operators intervened.

  • ...
1
 26
 1,066

Chapter 5

Canterlot, Equestria

Back at Equestria, in Canterlot castle, the White Masks ponies were setting up ‘camp’ in the castle itself. They had covered the whole place and captured all of the maids and guards that occupied the castle and placed them in the same room, where Cadence, Twilight, Starlight and Spike were held hostage.

The guards, of course asked if they’re ok and if anybody was injured during the capture. They also apologised to Cadence and Twilight for not keeping the castle fully protected, but Twilight assured them that it’s not their fault and that these ponies were efficient in the execution of taking over the Castle. The maids of the castle were comforted by Cadence.

“So what will we do to get out of here?” One of the maids asked innocently, which was obvious since she was not used to the situation.

“I don’t know, but what I do know is that Celestia and the rest of the Royal guards will do something about this.” Cadence spoke in a calm and soft voice, in order to not attract any attention from some of their captors, who were busy setting a strange cylinder-shape device with a warning symbol stuck to it and a screen with the numbers all zero. (This means that the timer wasn’t set yet.) Cadence and the others had no idea what it was… or what it could do.

“If I may your highnesses, I do remember correctly that you have the power to run through those disgraceful ponies.” A guard spoke with distaste towards the hostage takers...

Cadence, Twilight and Starlight sighed, leaving the guards and the maids confused. Although they noticed the devices on their heads, but they had no idea what they are or what they do.

“Even if we’re able to do that, we couldn’t…” Cadence said with a soft but grim voice.

“Why is that?” The guard asked.

“These things on our heads are preventing us to do so, as those ponies said that if we do use our magic, a piercing, high pitched sound would be produced and would disrupt our concentration in magic casting and not only that, The lights on it will flash brightly, which would disrupt our concentration even further and alert the ponies, who are keeping us hostage. I do not want that to happen, not right now.” This answer shocked the guards and the maids as their only hope of escaping this situation would be Celestia and the other Royal guards.

Then several ponies came into the room with wooden crates. They opened the crates and pulled out an assortment of guns like the M4s, AUGs, AK47s and even a few military-issued sniper rifles were taken out and were placed near the windows. One of the ponies, who was a unicorn, was loading the guns with his magic, while the others armed themselves.

One of the armed ponies came towards Spike with a scroll between his teeth. He dropped it on the ground in front of Spike and ordered him threateningly.

“Send this to your leader or do you want your head remain… intact…” His voice was gruff and vile, earning a scared and confused look by Spike.

“Wh-what d-do you me-“

“DON’T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!” The stallion yelled with irritation, which scared the maids and Spike. It also angered Twilight, Starlight and the guards. Cadence was stoic, while she maintained her anger towards the evil stallion.

“Hey! Don’t talk to him like that! Besides he’s a just a baby dragon!” Starlight practically shouted in fury. The whole situation attracted the other armed ponies while Twilight and the others glared at the stallion, who was irate at this point.

“THIS IS AN ORDER! YOU DON’T GET TO DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT!” The stallion yelled again while aiming his gun at Starlight, which silenced her, but did not deter her as she looked at the stallion with hateful eyes. He turned to Spike with a deadly glare. There was a moment of tension in the atmosphere until…

“Now send it…” The stallion hissed. Spike then quickly grabbed the scroll and used his flames to send the message to Princess Celestia.

“Good…” The stallion smiled sinisterly as he pats Spike’s head lightly. He then trotted out of the room.

“Are you ok, Spike?” Starlight asked softly as she glared at the other hostage takers

“I’m ok” Spike answered softly. This as a result, intensified the anger that was boiling within Twilight.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Twilight asked for confirmation with seriousness in her tone.

“Re-really, I’m ok…” Spike answered again nervously, which obviously did not assure Twilight or anyone in the group, but decided not to push him.

“…I just need to rest…” Spike said as he closed his already-teary eyes. He placed his head on Twilight’s body. Twilight then stroked Spike’s head soothingly to make him fall asleep peacefully.

Cadence was watching Spike fall asleep as well.

Cadence prayed that Celestia was going to get them out, the sooner the better as Cadence and the group felt the ever presence of hostility and danger in the atmosphere.

Meanwhile…

Princess Celestia was in one of the large green tents, served as the ‘War Tent’. The Royal Guard had made base camp outside Canterlot. They stockpiled crossbows, spears and had several siege machines to bust open heavily reinforced doors.

Celestia and Captain Shining Armor of the Royal Guard were discussing plans on how to rescue Princess Cadence and the others. The best possible attack strategy would be sneaking into the castle, grab the hostages and move out.

If they succeed, they could focus on how to capture the armed ponies with minimal casualties as possible. The Royal Guard were not reputed to be a violent army; they would swoop in, defuse the situation with little to no casualties and then send the perpetrators to the castle dungeons for trials and hearings.

“Princess, would you think Cadence and the others would be all right?” Shining Armor spoke with concern.

“I can assure you, Captain. Everything would be settled eventually. But, I could not guarantee you, 100% that they would be completely unharmed, but I can only guarantee that they would be alive after this.” Celestia responded with a half-truth answer.

“It’s just that… I just want everything to be ok. I can’t bear to lose both Twilight and Cadence…” Shining Armor said worriedly.

“Everything would be better as time goes.” Celestia soothingly spoke.

Suddenly, several ponies appeared from the tent “door” from the outside. They were revealed themselves to be the remaining Elements of Harmony: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity. They had worried looks on their faces. Pinkie Pie was also showing a bit worry, which was quite rare for her to express this kind of emotion.

“A-are they gonna be okay, Princess.” Fluttershy spoke first, yet the voice was soft as usual for her. Princess Celestia flashed a grim look on her face for a moment, and then retained back her composure.

“Don’t worry my little pony… I’m certain they’ll be ok.” Celestia doubted her own answer and felt like a big liar. But sometimes, a lie is much more assuring than the truth. However, eventually she had to open up to them with the truth.

Despite, Celestia’s convincing answer, Applejack saw through her lie, which was expected from the Element of Honesty…

Author's Note:

Phew! That's chapter 5 everybody!
Remember, please give constructive criticism, if you want me to improve and still want me to write more of this.

Comments ( 8 )

Hello? This place alive?

More! MORE! MOAR!! IS GOOD!

8773668
Sorry, I have been absent for a long time due to issues such as mild depression, but I'm better than before.

8834035
Glad you like it so far, I'll be posting another chapter soon.

Nice story so far, keep it up.

Hey are you still going to continue this fanfiction because it's really interesting

Hey are you still working on it?

Login or register to comment