• Published 30th Dec 2016
  • 1,066 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbows of the Sun - IBlitz2000



A group of armed ponies sent by an infamous organisation took Twilight and the ones that she care about as hostages and demanded Princess Celestia to step down from power. Hope was fading until a group of counter-terrorist operators intervened.

  • ...
1
 26
 1,066

Chapter 2

“Did you saw one of the targets?” A recruit in Copper’s group asked.

“Yes, and they seemed suspicious of us. However, they have not said anything about us that would blow our cover.” Another recruit answered.

“We must remain undetected then; one wrong move could trigger havoc for the team.” Copper said with narrowed eyes looking at the castle of Canterlot, where the targets are currently there.

“Keep moving, the sooner we take control of the castle, the sooner it is to take over Canterlot, then Equestria.” Copper urged the team to keep moving, if they wanted to fulfill their goals.

The team quickly carried the equipment, while the other ponies unintentionally masked their every move…


Back at the castle, after Cadence and Twilight celebrated their little reunion, Celestia guided all of them to a dining hall, where they were having a grand feast for Cadence’s arrival. On the table, there were a number of cuisines and dessert all laid out in an organised manner.

They were chatting about what has been going since the last time they saw each other. Apparently, nothing much has been happening in the Crystal Empire, except, some major royal duties or meetings and taking care of her family.

Then Celestia announced something that excites Twilight. Apparently, Cadence would be staying for two nights as part of her visit to her old home.

“Cadence is staying! La la la!” Twilight exclaimed in a sing-song voice, due to her excitement. Twilight received stares from Spike and Starlight, and then she immediately changed back to her normal state with sheepish smile. Cadence and Celestia were not disturbed by Twilight’s child-like behaviour since they knew her very well.

“Twilight, please show your sister-in-law to her room.” Celestia requested.

“Alright, follow me!” Twilight grinned and rushed through the castle’s corridors, while Cadence followed her by walking. Honestly, she could just teleport ahead of her, but she wanted to look around the castle interior more, since it brought back many memories, like her wedding day, when the Changelings invaded Canterlot and when Queen Chrysalis almost took control of her husband, Shining Armor only to regain his mind, because of Cadence’s love for him.


The royal guards were patrolling the castle perimeter with bags under their eyes. Being a guard wasn’t easy as most ponies thought it was, until they got into their first training as being one. Some yawned as those who stayed awake all night to be aware of suspicious activities, but their energy would drain quickly as they had to withstand the cold nights.

The white Masks group were carrying their massive wooden crates of gear for their mission. They had successfully avoided suspicion from the citizens of Canterlot. Now they had to be even more careful than before, in order to get through the guards to make their move.

They reached to the castle gates, to be greeted by several guards, including the squad leader of the patrolling squad. The guards had their neutral look on their faces, as if that they weren’t surprised.

But despite the innocent appearance of the strange group that made their way to the castle gates, they were indeed suspicious.

“What is your business here? It’s not the Princesses’ birthday. I believe you have the wrong location of where you would deliver these massive gifts.” The squad leader spoke coldly, but it did not faze the mysterious “delivery ponies.”

“I’m pretty sure this is place. Would you like to see the address?” Copper asked with a small grin on his face.

“Hmpf. Very well then.” The squad leader agreed with an irritated tone as he looked closely at the crates to find the address.

Copper then gave a signal and suddenly, the whole group brandished knives from a wheelbarrow and stabbed the guards with hooves covering their mouths to prevent alerting the other guards that were around the castle. Blood seeped out from the guards backs, as their life faded. Their eyes were frantic at first, but they shut them due to blood loss.

Copper’s group took off the armor from the guards and put them on, as disguises. They also dragged the bodies into the bushes. They also covered the drops of bloods, by rubbing sand to make the bloodstain blend in with the sand’s colour, to avoid raising an alarm.

They managed to reach the castle grounds without being detected, as they blended in and silently took out the guards with their knives and brought in their gear. They headed to the castle’s basement, where they would set their plans into motion. Now all they have to do was to wait for the perfect moment…


Earth, Team Rainbow HQ

Gunshots could be heard along corridors of one particular room of the compound, the training room.

Several Rainbow operators; Blitz, IQ, Pulse and Castle, were shooting moving targets with various weapons like, machine guns and handguns. They unloaded full magazines on their respective targets and then reload, then they unload them again.

Once they were done, they practiced hand-to-hand combat. They were also chatting with each other at the same time.

“That thing is still in my head.” IQ spoke as she tried to punch Castle, but he blocked it.

“Yeah, ever since I saw it with my own eyes, it gives me the creeps just by thinking what it could do and what would it benefit the White Masks.” Castle said, while “retaliating” towards IQ, with a kick to her gut, forcing her to exhale sharply and let out a small but audible ‘oopf’.

“Whatever it is, at least we kept it out of those suckers’ hands.” Pulse countered Blitz and put him in a headlock, however Blitz did not seemed bothered by it and counter back.

“Why don’t we put this topic aside and continue with our training.” Blitz suggested, while the others nodded.

Suddenly, a shout was heard and the four stopped their practice and rush to the source. It was coming from the testing chamber, where the mysterious machine resided at that time. When the four reached there, they were shocked at what was happening. The machine was working as a large bright light was in the middle of the arch. Turns out, the machine was in fact a portal.

The portal was emitting a loud and continuous noise, similar to a plane taking off.

“SHUT IT OFF!” the voice came from Thatcher, who was on the ground; so as Jäger, who was unconscious. Blitz was the first to respond and rushed towards the machine and ripped the wires away from the portal to shut it. The bright light flickered then it disappeared into thin air. The structure of the portal was still there though.

Pulse and Castle carried Jäger out of the room and to the infirmary. IQ and Blitz aided Thatcher to get up on his feet.

“Are you alright?” IQ asked.

“I’m alright.” Thatcher answered with a groan.

“Are you sure?” Blitz asked to confirm.

“Yeah, just a little headache, but it won’t stop me from moving.” Thatcher assured Blitz.

“We need to be careful around this thing. Although, I don’t believe in these futuristic sci-fi things, at least not yet, but this thing is really a portal and something we must not mess with.

Blitz and IQ gave Thatcher a “Yes Sir!” as they saluted.

Later, Jäger was revived by Doc, who advised him not to move too much, so that Doc can give Jäger the full treatment.

Thatcher was also got checked up by Doc, to ensure that there was no major injuries or side effects from the portal, as the light that was emitting from it could give out a significant amount of radiation. Doc asked Pulse and Castle what happened, they told him the same story, about when they rushed into the testing chamber and realized that the machine was actually a portal. Doc was surprised and at the same time could not believe it. But, with all of what was happening, plus Thatcher was there, so he had to believe it.

Author's Note:

This is the 2nd chapter to this story.

Sorry, if it's shorter than the 1st chapter, I had something important to do. But, it is done now, so I have more free time on my other chapter.

Please give constructive criticism for me to improve.