• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 850 Views, 1 Comments

Ruler Of The Everfree - TheEveryDaySparkle



Ever wonder why it is a rule in Equestria to never go into the Everfree? And if that is so, why does Zecora live there?

  • ...
2
 1
 850

Gaia Everfree

"Now, this was not the end of my story. No, not at all. For there was more to be told about the path walked by the great Gaia Everfree.

"Once through the portal, I had stepped into a world where, unlike those wretched ponies, the populous was wide spread and consisted of very different types of creatures.

"These creatures were bipedal, and spoke in a language I did not understand.

"Instead of the infernal 'Equestrian' I had been forced to learn in the first dimension, there was now some other, even more ridiculous language that I had to get used to. It was called English, or something like that.

"What's worse, my body looked very different from the previous dimension as well. I had strange five clawed appendages that had somehow replaced my hooves, and a much smaller muzzle than before.

"I would eventually learn that in that dimension, what I would call a muzzle was called a nose, but that is not important.

"What is important is that, as I spent time learning about these 'humans' as they were called, I began to see that they were just like ponies, albeit with different physical appearances. ...Quite physically different.

"They had no fur to keep out the cold, nor any magic to cast spells, outside of false parlor tricks that the so called 'magicians' of this world used to manipulate people into giving them money.

"They also had the most crude way of solving disputes. I dare say that this is where they differ from Equestria the most.

"When it comes to something they disagree on, they argue all day about it instead of making up and becoming friends. And even the 'friends' I see here seem to do much the same thing

"They even go so far as to fight, or even carry a weapon with them. Given that equestria had not seen war in so long, they know not what a weapon looks like. But I have been here longer than any other pony, so I know what a tool of death a weapon can be.

"As I made my way through this strange land in this strange body that I had yet to explore given the close proximity of the prying eyes I saw all around me, I began talking with people. They were called people and not ponies, here, by the way.

"Even though I told them who I was, everyone I talked to simply laughed at me or tried to joke around with me.

"I didn't like it. I told many people of who I was, and eventually, found some who would believe me, but they turned out to be this strange group among the 'humans' as their species was called, much different form our equines, called scientists

"They had believed me, but that was only because they thought I was some kind of unidentified creature that they could run experiments on.

"I tried to tell them who I was, tell them they were defying the will of a goddess by not letting me go, but their belief in my words only extended so far.

"As I lie there on the table, bound and forced to wait for the inevitable prodding and poking that was to come, I suddenly got an idea.

"I thought that I could use my magic to escape. Turns out that coming to this world had blocked out the use of my magic.

"After trying and failing for at least thirty minutes, I was finally able to use it to escape. But, I was only able to use a small portion of it.

"I soon realized that my magic was in fact, locked, and that the only way I could use it to the fullest was if I were to possess a human.

"Anyway, I think I'm getting off track again. The point was that I was stuck in a strange world with a strange new body and no idea how to use it or what the natural customs were.

"So, I decided that, if I knew nothing of their world, I would learn, and so I did.

"Once I had learned all that I needed from studying the humans, I returned to the forests, which were the only things familiar to me in this entire harmony forsaken dimension.

"I eventually got bored and took to watching the humans interact. It was my only entertainment as of late.

"On one of my many times doing this, I happened to spot a human woman, talking with a human male about something that I couldn't quite make out. But, I could see that the woman was afraid of something. The male, perhaps? Had he been saying something...uncouth...to her?

"I made my way towards the woman and spoke so only she could hear, not wanting to draw unnecessary attention.

'Excuse me, but what is your name?' I asked her as politely as I possibly could.

"She sighed and hung her head, not wanting to look at me. 'It's Gloriosa...Gloriosa Daisy.'

'Well, then Ms. Daisy...Whatever is the matter?' I asked, moving to comfort her, but she turned away.

'It's...it's nothing. Nothing you need to worry about.'

'Oh but I am worried. I am worried for all my children. I am mother earth after all.'

'What?'

'Nevermind that, dear. Now, tell me what's wrong.'

'Well, if you really must know then, I guess i'll tell you.'

"She then proceeded to tell me everything. From about her camp to the sick twisted, greedy stallion- oops, man, who wanted to buy it all from her just so he could chop down all the trees and build a mall in their place.

"Now, as mother earth, I could not let that slide could I? Lucky for me, she just had to say the perfect sentence.

'I wish there was something I could do to save the Everfree Forest.'

"I was a bit surprised when she said 'Everfree' but I shook it off as coincidence and pressed on.

'Hold on. You said you wished you could do something to save the forest right?'

'Yes, why? Is there some way you can help?'

'Help? Why I could make all your problems go away with just a snap of my fingers if I wanted to.'

"She brightened up at this. 'Really? You really can do that?'

'Why yes, I can. But my magic doesn't work in this form. Which is why I need your help.'

'Wait did you say magic? So, you weren't kidding when you said all that stuff about you being 'Mother Earth'?''

'No, I was not.' I said proudly.

'Wow that is so cool!'

'I know it is.'

'But, if you have all this power, what do you need me for?'

'I told you. I can't use my power in this form.' It wasn't a lie. I really couldn't use my magic in this state. I didn't know why. 'I need to have a vessel.'

'And you want that vessel to be me.'

'Precisely.'

'um...okay, I know what I get out of it, but what about you? What do you want?'

'I want the same thing you want dear. To stop that wicked stallion from tearing down the forest.'

'I see...wait, did you just say stallion?'

'Oops, my bad. Slip of the tongue.'

'uh-huh...okay then, deal.'

"After that, we shook on it. That seemed to be the proper way of accepting terms in this strange new world.

"What followed was an exchange of sorts. She would get the power she needed to stop Filthy Rich, as she had told me his name was, and I would get to use her body as a vessel in which to store and use my magic.

"We had it all planned out. I would possess her body, while leaving her in control, thus giving her use of my powers of her own will, and she would stop this madman from destroying our precious forest.

"Don't get me wrong, this was not a one-sided or evil deal. I just wanted to stop him from hurting both my land and my children as much as she did, so I used her to do that. We did want the exact same thing after all.

"We were so close to defeating that evil man, when seven students from a local school, along with other students from a separate school that had come here on a camping trip, stopped me just before my plan had fully finished, effectively ending any hope we had of stopping that man.

"At least that's what I thought anyway. Turns out that Gloriosa had enough courage to stand up to him without my help, and the camp was saved without me having to lift an extra hoof-uh...finger.

"We met up one last time to say goodbye, and then we parted ways as friends. I'm going to miss that woman, and, surprisingly, the seven who defeated me as well.

Comments ( 1 )

This actually does sound very interesting I will be placing this into my favorites so I might be able to read it when I come home from work.

Login or register to comment