• Published 17th Jan 2017
  • 544 Views, 1 Comments

Shadows of Equestria - Silver Inkwell



When Twilight Sparkle wander upon a strange new mysterious, and unusual and odd room she starts on a journey of finding herself.

  • ...
 1
 544

Mirrors

Chapter Two: Mirrors

Suddenly it was no longer just blue and black and gray with stars, now it also had walls and rows and columns of mirrors that were all lined up perfectly.

“What are these?” Twilight said pointing at them as they zoomed by.

“These? Well these are all the representations of ways to other realms and other universes and timelines too, each door is different, even if slightly.

For each door has something very different about it, even if only slightly.

But many of these do not pertain to you, so don’t worry, but just so you know it does have every known gateway here, even to the human worlds too,” he said as the mirror that lead to their human world zipped on by very fast.

“But how?” Twilight said, “How can this be? And also, did you say that this place had laws? I thought that
you said there was no order here.”

“There is a very big difference between order and laws and rules and chaos, this place doesn’t have order or chaos because there is no pony to try to enforce order, but the way that it is set out makes it chaotic, but since there is no pony around ever if at all then it can’t be called chaotic either.

But yes, it does have rules and laws which would be very bad to break, one of them involves not changing the world that we visit in any way, we can’t affect their future by telling them something that they didn’t or should know.

Another is that you can’t have any interactions with other ponies, so no talking or kissing or killing or anything else, but this rule isn’t ever enforced that much, well except for matters of death and love, then it gets very serious.

Another thing, you can’t die here right now, but when we go to the other worlds you won’t and can’t exactly die unless you change their world first, and you can’t feel pain either unless you also break the rules first.
Basically don’t break any of the rules and we will stay invisible and be just fine, okay?” he said.

“Alright, fine then,” she said still somewhat confused at all this.

“Good then,” he said, “Oh, and before I forget do not, I repeat, do not tell your friends about any of this, if they found out about this, who knows what could happen, what would, I don’t want to deal with any of that so just be quiet about it because not even Celestia has told any pone else her secret, not even her prized star pupils and students, so you can see just how important this is, oaky, alright?” he said looking at her with a crazy insane look on his face.

“Alright, fine then,” she said, “But which one of these mirrors will we explore today?” she said looking at each unique individual mirror individually.

“Mirror?” he said, “Who said anything about a mirror? I didn’t.”

“But… but you said-,” Twilight tried to start saying.

“I said that these mirrors represent a reflection of time, what was, what is, what will be, and also what might have been too, but did I ever say that they were the actual gateway into another world? No, I didn’t, they just contain images and pictures and so on and so forth of every world, and any pony can choose one and see another’s reality and world, like Celestia’s for example, but they can’t ever really go through it into that world, no, that’s both too stupid and dangerous. Instead there is another much safer way to use, doors.”

And with that said the mirrors were replaced with doors.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Doors

So (please) stay tuned for more!