• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 573 Views, 51 Comments

Loved by the Sun and Moon - Bahamut0



Burst never expected to get two girlfriends. But then again, he can't complain with women like Celestia and Moon.

  • ...
5
 51
 573

Chapter 2: Chance Encounter

Burst smiled as he woke up. It was Saturday, and he had a really good dream about Celestia. And as luck would have it, he soon got a phone call from her. "Hey beautiful. Today? Yeah I'm free. I was thinking we could go to the movies. Six o'clock? Sounds perfect. I love you too. Bye!" 'Looks like I've got myself another date today.' Burst changed his clothes, and ate breakfast. "I'll be hitting the duel park today mom. Also I'll be home a little bit late because I've got a date with Celestia.", Burst said as he got ready to leave.

"Have fun!", his mom called out as he left. While Burst was on his way, he accidentally bumped into a girl.

"Oh man. Sorry about that! You alright?" Burst helped the girl up, and couldn't help but take in her appearance. She had skin black as night, dark blue hair, and her eyes were a brilliant shade of blue-green. Nightmare couldn't believe she'd ran into Burst literally the next day! She knew they would meet again, but she hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"I'm fine. Nothing broken. I take it you're a duelist?", she asked noticing his duel disk.

"Sure am! Looking for the duel park? I'm headed that way myself so how about I take you there?"

'This is an excellent chance to see how strong he is!' "Thank you! I'd like that."

"No problem! My name's Burst Stream by the way. What's yours?"

"Beat me in a duel and I'll tell you.", Nightmare said with a smirk.

"Challenge accepted." Burst led her to the duel park, and the two got ready to duel. "Ladies first."

Burst: 8000
Nightmare: 8000

"You're quite the charmer. I summon Darkness Knight in attack mode! Then I'll equip him with Lunar Saber to boost his attack by 300 points! Your move!"

"I draw! I reveal one Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Next I play Dragon Shrine to send a normal dragon from my deck to the graveyard! And since it was a normal dragon I get to send another dragon to the graveyard! Now I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Dragon Spirit of White in my graveyard! Now that he's been summoned, I can target and banish one spell or trap card you control! I choose your equip spell! Dragon Spirit will attack your monster, and Blue Eyes Alternative attacks you directly! White Lightning!" Nightmare shielded herself as she was hit with a blast of light from Blue Eyes Alternative! "I end my turn."

Burst: 8000
Nightmare: 4300

"Not a bad start! But the duel's not over until the last card is drawn! I can special summon this card when I have a dark monster on my field or in my graveyard! Rise! Night Queen Nyx!" Soon a humanoid monster wearing armor that looked like it was fused with a dress appeared on the field. "Now for her effect! Once she's on the field she gains 300 attack for each dark monster in my graveyard! Now I discard one card to activate Lightning Vortex! This destroys all monsters you control!"

"Not so fast! I banish Return of the Dragon Lords from my graveyard to protect my dragons!"

"Good. But not good enough! I attack your Dragon Spirit of White! Night Spear Slash!" Nyx charged forth and destroyed Dragon Spirit with one slash! "That's it for my turn."

Burst: 7200
Nightmare: 4300

"Time for me to strike back! I activate Alternative's effect! I can target and destroy one monster you control!" Alternative summoned a bolt of lightning and sent it flying at Nyx! But when the dust cleared, Nyx was still standing! "Whoa! Guess there's more to your monster than I thought."

"Thanks for noticing. Nyx can't be destroyed by card effects! The only way to best her is in battle!"

"Thanks for the advice. I'll switch Alternative into defense mode and end my turn."

"My move. I equip Nyx with Moon Lance! This boosts her by 800 points and lets her inflict piercing damage when she destroys a defense mode monster! Take down his Blue Eyes Alternative!" Burst winced as he took piercing damage! "That's all for my turn."

Burst: 5600
Nightmare: 4300

"Looks like I've got no choice. You've shown me your ace, so now I'll show you mine! I play Cards of Consonance to discard White Stone of Legend to draw two new cards! And by Stone's effect, I can add a Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck to my hand! Then I'll play one of the cards I just drew! Harmony Absolute! I'll send the Blue Eyes in my hand to the graveyard to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon from my deck! Now that he's on the field he gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! There's five monster in my graveyard, so he gains 1500 attack points! Go! Absolute Neutron Blast!"

"Time to light up this duel!", Blue Eyes roared as he fired his signature attack! When the blast hit, Nyx was gone from the field!

"I end my turn."

Burst: 5600
Nightmare: 2800

"So this is your best monster? Impressive! But lets see how good he is against card effects! I play Dark Hole to wipe out the field!" Soon a black hole appeared and tried to suck Blue Eyes in, but it failed and collapsed! "Just how strong is that thing?"

"He's called Absolute for a reason. He's immune to card effects. And since you've got no monsters, you're wide open! Let's finish this Blue Eyes!"

"Absolute Neutron Blast!", the two of them cried out! And in a flash of rainbow colored light the duel was over.

"That was a good duel. You got in quite the hit on me.", Burst said with a smile.

Nightmare smiled back. "Thanks. That was my first loss. I guess I should tell you my name now. It's Nightshade."

"It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you again!", Burst said as he waved goodbye.

'Sooner than you think Burst Stream.', Nightmare thought to herself with a smile. 'You're even stronger than I thought. No wonder the elements gave you some of their power. Considering how strong your connection is with them, you must be pretty good friends with them. And this is without considering the power from his bond with his dragons. Maybe I should attend his school. It could give me an edge in my plans. Maybe even let me get closer to Burst.'

Before Burst knew it, it was time for his date with Celestia. He met her outside the theater. "Hi Celestia! So which movie looks good?"

"The one that really catches my eye is the superhero movie they made based on the Elemental Hero cards."

"Sounds like fun! I'm a pretty big fan of the E-Hero comics Industrial Illusions made. I even predicted they'd get a movie when I was a kid." The couple got their snacks, grabbed their seats and waited for the movie to start. As the trailers were going, Burst noticed Celestia inching her hand over to him. "So is this the part where we make-out?", he whispered. Celestia just smiled and the two shared a kiss before the main feature started. Once the movie finished, Burst activated his dragon powers and flew Celestia home.

"Thanks for the ride."

"No problem. See you on Monday." Celestia gave Burst a goodbye kiss and he was off for home. 'Ah. A perfect day. Something tells me things are only going to get better from now on!'