• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 1,467 Views, 11 Comments

The Ultimate Game - dreadbaron



Disney villains find a way into Equestria, and chaos follows.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,467

The Game Begins

Part One: The Game Begins

It was another quiet day, in the sleepy town of Ponyville. The Summer Sun Celebration had just happened the night before, and all the ponies were at home resting from the festivities. All of them, that is, except for Twilight Sparkle.

The purple unicorn paced around her library; looking desperately from shelf to shelf for a book she had been studying a week earlier. “Where is it?” she mumbled in frustration, as she threw books across the room with her magic.

“Can’t this wait until later?” Spike whined, as he rubbed his eyes groggily. “We should get some sleep first.”

“No, Spike!” Twilight shouted in frustration. “Something weird happened yesterday, and I need the book to know why!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little did Twilight know, something extraordinary had happened during the Summer Sun Celebration… just not in Equestria. The event had taken place in an alternate dimension, in a suburban city known as Danville. A mad scientist named Dr. Doofenshmirtz had been preparing yet another of his nefarious devices, with the hopes of finally crossing the barrier between dimensions.

“Now, Perry the Platypus,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz announced, as he held his remote menacingly; “watch as I cross over into another dimension with this… THE OTHER-DIMENSIONINATOR!”

“Sir,” a robotic voice called out from the other room, “what are you doing?”

“Oh, come on!” Doofenshmirtz yelled, as he threw the remote to the ground. “I was in the zone and everything!”

“I thought you were just playing with your doll,” Norm the robot said.

“It’s not a doll,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz said defensively. “It’s my stand-in: Pretendy the Practice-pus. I wonder if Perry the Platypus practices with a fake me? It would be nice to know he cares…”

Suddenly, he was interrupted by a pair of young boys, who came crashing into the room on a giant shuttlecock. They slammed into the Other-Dimensioninator, shattering it into pieces.

“Oh great, now that’s broken,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz huffed in frustration.

“We're really sorry, sir, I don't know what happened,” one of the boys said. “One minute we were innocently launching ourselves across the city in a badminton platypult; the next thing we know, we're in your apartment.”

“Well, you’ve destroyed my Other-Dimensioninator,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz mumbled.

“An Other-Dimensioninator? Cool! What does it do?” the kid asked.

“At the moment it just stops giant shuttlecocks, but it’s supposed to let me go into other dimensions,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz stated, in a matter-of-fact way.

“We can help you fix it,” the boy said. “I’m Phineas, and this is my brother Ferb. He’s pretty handy with tools, so we can get this put back together in no time.”

“Okay then,” Dr. Doofenshmirtz agreed. “Since a certain someone seems to be running late, I’ll just carry on without him.”

True to their word, Phineas and Ferb put the machine back together in record time. Dr. Doofenshmirtz stepped back, and flipped the machine on. “And now,” he announced loudly, “behold the mind-blowing first images from beyond our dimensional reality!”

Phineas and Ferb peered into the portal the machine had generated, and took their first look at what they would come to know was Equestria.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

While Phineas and Ferb were helping Doofenshmirtz with his plans, another villain was observing it all through the power of dark magic. He was the vile Dr. Facilier, who had been planning all of this from across the country in New Orleans. “Well done, my Friends,” he thanked the spirits floating around him. “Now that those boys got the machine up and running, all those pure pony souls will soon be ours.” He rubbed his hands in anticipation, and waved the vision away with a flick of his bony wrist. “Gentlemen, let’s go meet the League.”

He pushed open the doors behind him, and gingerly stepped down the stairs into a large meeting room. There sat ten of the most infamous villains the dimension had to offer, all waiting eagerly around a table. “Hello, boys,” Dr. Facilier addressed them casually. “So nice to see you again.”

“Why are we here, Facilier?” one of them asked, as he polished his rifle with a rag.

“You’re here ‘cause I’ve got the solution to your problems, McLeach,” Facilier told him. “You want to capture the rarest game of them all, right?”

“Yeah, I do,” McLeach answered him.

“Take a look at this,” Dr. Facilier responded; as he threw a puff of red smoke on the table. It broke into a ‘window’ to Equestria, showing off the throne room of Princess Celestia. “That’s an alicorn, my man. Nothing like it in this world, you capture just one and… BOOM! ... you’re the richest man on Earth.”

“I like the way you talk, Facilier,” McLeach admitted, as he stroked his chin thoughtfully. “Keep going.”

“How about you, Oogie?” Dr. Facilier asked, turning his attention to the next guest seated. “Jack kicked you out, and you want back in on Halloween, right?” Oogie Boogie sat straight up in his chair, and Facilier knew that he had the monster’s attention. “I’ve got a deal for you too,” Facilier announced, as he changed the vision with a wave of his hand. “Nightmare Night, an entire festival dedicated to the forces of darkness and guaranteed 100% Pumpkin King free. All yours, if you’ll join me.”

“Now that’s a sure bet if I ever heard one,” Oogie stated. “I’m in.”

“Of course, there’s more to the new world than alicorns and partying,” Dr. Facilier carried on, as he brought up a vision of the Elements of Harmony. “There’s treasure there too, folks. More treasure than you can possibly imagine, and I KNOW some of you want in on that.” He looked over towards the Sheriff of Nottingham and Negaduck, who were practically drooling from their greed. “Then there’s the ponies themselves,” Facilier carried on, casting a knowing look at Alameda Slim. “One hundred bucks a head, I’d reckon; and all of it free from the law of the West. Finally, there’s the throne itself. With the alicorn in captivity, they’re gonna need a new ruler, and that’s where YOU come in.” He pointed a bony finger across the room, towards the man sitting at the head of the table. “You were the one who designed the machine and slipped it over to Doofenshmirtz, so I’d be glad to make you God of the Sun. Once that’s done, you’ll get the eternal winter you wanted with a wave of your hands. So, are you in?”

“All right,” Dr. Phillium Benedict answered him, as he rose to shake the doctor’s hand. “I’m in too.”

“Excellent,” Dr. Facilier answered him, as he shook Benedict’s hand firmly. “Gentlemen,” he added afterward, “we leave in the morning. Prepare your men, for tomorrow will be the beginning of the end.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------