• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,942 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,942

Chapter 18 Revealed

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


It had been a couple of days since Scootaloo and Soarin moved in to Ponyville. They had bought some furniture into their home and they had already met some of the locals. Soarin and Scootaloo had already met the infamous Pinkie Pie during their welcome to Ponyville party.
Today was a warm spring day. Scootaloo’s first School day was about to start and Soarin had already packed her pack for her. “Scootaloo are you ready? we need to get you to school.”

“Yeah I’m coming!” Scootaloo yelled as she galloped downstairs. She was excited. Finally she would go to a regular school where ponies wouldn’t judge her because of her medical condition. During the couple days of being in Ponyville nopony had said anything about her wings which made her feel wanted in here. She also had met the towns mail mare who had a pair of “derpy” eyes and nopony really cared about that.

“Good let’s get going then.” Soarin said and Scootaloo climbed on to his back. Soarin took off towards the towns school which was located near the woods at the outskirts of the town.

As Soarin landed Scootaloo saw other parents drop their foals off. There were unicorns, earth ponies and pegasai all putting their foals to the same school. “Now go on you don’t wanna be late for school. I’ll be here to pick you up after school I have to go and help aunt Spitfire at the wonderbolt academy.”

“I thought you left the wonderbolts.” Scootaloo asked him.

“Well I’m not in the flying squadron anymore but Spitfire gave me yesterday something called a legends contract. She wants me to help her train the next generation of wonderbolts and she still wants me to fly during the biggest events of the year but I’m not touring with the other ‘bolts anymore and I don’t have to atend the daily practice sessions so I can spend more time with you.” Soarin explained and gave her a hug.

“Now go or else you will be late for class.”

“Yeah see you daddy.” Scootaloo yelled as she quickly galloped towards the school building. She saw how Soarin waved at her before shooting upwards towards the sky. As Scootaloo walked through the school yard she heard somepony behind her.

“Oh look at this a pony.” A grey filly said.

“I wouldn’t bother with her… She is a blank flank.” A pink filly laughed. These two were the first ones in the whole town who had called her names due to her flanks.

“Hey why don’t you to leave her alone.” A white unicorn filly said.

“Yeah. I’d leave her alone if I were ya Diamond Tiara.” A yellow earth pony said to the two bullies.

“Whatever Metal Belle and Apple Mold.” Diamond Tiara said. “You three blank flanks have fun together.” She said and left with her friend.

“Thanks for making them go away… not that I couldn’t have handled them alone.” Scootaloo said to them.

“Hey it’s cool sugar cube.” The yellow filly said and offered a hoof for a bump. “Names Apple Bloom And she’s Sweetie Belle.”

Scootaloo accepted the hoof bump and said. “Scootaloo. I’m new here.”

“Yeah I saw you at the Pinkie Pie’s party but I didn’t have time to talk to you.” Sweetie Belle said. “We should like totally hang out together since we don’t have cutie marks.”

“Yeah we could try to get them together.” Scootaloo said.

“Yeah but I think we should get to class or else miss Cheerilee will be angry.” Apple Bloom said and the three friends galloped to the class room.


“Soarin!” He heard Rainbow Dash’s voice coming from behind him.

“Yeah what do you need?” Soarin said as the other trainees trotted pass them towards the showers.

“I… nah I tell you later once we are alone. How is life in Ponyville Pinkie sent me a letter telling about the party.” Rainbow Dash asked.

“It’s nice. Really relaxing and calm.” Soarin said.

“I’ll come and visit you guys tomorrow. We can talk then.” Rainbow Dash said and walked off. Soarin knew something was wrong with her. Something was off with her… But Soarin knew she would tell him once she was ready to talk about it.


“See you guys tomorrow.” Scootaloo waved at her new friends as she sprinted towards Soarin who was waiting for her. She ran in to his
hooves and hugged him.

“How was School?” Soarin asked.

“It was great I made two new friends and we are gonna get our cutie marks together.” Scootaloo said happily.

“That’s great sweetheart. I think we should get back home and cook some dinner. Also Dashie is coming to visit us tomorrow.” Soarin said as he lifted her up to his back.

“That’s awesome!” Scootaloo said as they took off.


Later that evening Scootaloo was laying in her bed. She was awake but even though Soarin had told her that she needed sleep to stay awake during school tomorrow. For some reason she couldn’t sleep. She saw the black horn that Soarin had given him on her nightstand… Every now and then it would blink green. Scootaloo picked it up and looked at it. She had asked Soarin several times about the horn but every time she asked him he just simply dropped the subject and moved on. He was clearly avoiding the subject for some reason.

She picked up the horn and decided to ask him again. She knew that it was really late at night but she also knew that Soarin would stay up late. She sneaked through the house to Soarin’s bedroom’s door and put her ear to the door. She hear him inside so she slowly opened the door a bit. Scootaloo could see him in front of a mirror. Soarin was just looking at his own reflection.

“I should tell her the truth.” Soarin said to himself. Scootaloo didn’t know what he was talking about so she decided to just listen silently from the door.

“Scootaloo loves me and doesn’t care that I’m one them…” Soarin said and looked at the mirror. "She knows i'm not like them... She knows i love her like my own daughter." Then a green flame surrounded his body and revealed true form. Scootaloo could see his block skin and blue eyes. She also could see his insect wings and his broken horn. He was a changeling. At the same moment the horn that was in Scootaloo’s hands glowed green which made Scootaloo drop it in panic. It hit the floor and made a hearable noise. Soarin quickly turned his head around and saw her at the door. He too panicked and quickly transformed back to his pony form. “Scootaloo.” He said with tears in his eyes.

“You are a changeling.” Scootaloo said and sprinted away from the room.

“No Scootaloo come back please!”

Author's Note:

Hello fellow readers! i'm back from my hiatus. Anyways weekly updates are gonna be a thing again for at least the next four weeks.

And it seams like we are gonna finally figure out a bit more back story about soarin and about that horn in the next chapter also i think we should remember what kind of family he had.

And for the purpose of this fic we are gonna ignore season 6 finale. no reformed pony generator changelings are gonna pop out in this story.

anyways until next sunday have a nice day :twilightsmile: