• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,943 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,943

Chapter 12 intruder

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


The sun hit Scootaloo’s face. She opened her eyes and took a good long look around her room. This was what she always wanted. A place to call home and somepony to call a parent… a somepony who to tell all her troubles… somepony who cared for her… somepony whose name is Soarin.

She jumped out of the bed and walked downstairs where Soarin was already making some breakfast for them. “Good morning Soarin.”

“Morning Scootaloo here is your oatmeal.” Soarin handed her an bowl of oatmeal. Both of them sat down to the dinner table and started to eat their breakfast. “So I asked the Canterlot academy if you could atend school there and they said yes. You will be starting School in a few days after hearts warming.” Soarin said as he was eating.

“Okay what about you? When are you gonna go and do wonderbolt stuff?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yes aftter the holiday I have to go to the compound and attend practice. Don’t worry I will drop you at School but you have to get back here on your own after it.” Soarin said and threw Scootaloo a key. “Don’t lose it.”

“Your giving me a key to your home?” Scootaloo said and looked at the shining key which was laying in her hands.

Soarin only chuckled a bit and said. “It’s your home too now.” Scootaloo smiled knowing that he considered her as his own now. “But today I don’t have any…” Soarin couldn’t finish his sentence because somepony opened the front door and walked in. Soarin quickly Stood up and walked between Scootaloo and the kitchen’s door. Scootaloo could see how Soarin immediately took a protective stance when he felt that something threating was about to happen to her. Both of them waited in silence as they heard somepony walk in the corridor. Soon the door handle slowly moved down and somepony was about open it. Soarin opened his wings and was ready to charge at the intruder. To him there was nothing more important than Scootaloo in his life at the moment.

The door opened and Soarin charged at the intruder without looking who it was. Whit a loud thump he took down the intruder and laid on top of her. “Soarin what the heck?” He heard a familiar voice coming from under his body. “I Know that you are excited about seeing me but still.”

“I’m so sorry Rainbow Dash I didn’t mean to tackle you I just thought that…” Soarin was saying but Rainbow Dash quickly muted him with a small kiss.

“it’s okay. I heard from Spitfire that you actually adopted that kiddo.” Rainbow Dash said and walked into the kitchen.

“Yeah…” Soarin said and looked at Scootaloo who had finished her bowl of oatmeal. “Could you Scootaloo give us a moment.”

“Okay.” She said and left the two adults alone.

“So why are you here Dash?”

“Well I wanted to see if Spitfire was telling the truth and I also wanted to ask if you two had any plans for hearts warming.” Rainbow Dash said and took some oatmeal. “Do you mind if I steal some… The breakfast at the compound was crap like always.”

“Take as much as you want. And for hearts warming I was planing to invite a two special ponies here to spent it with me and Scootaloo.” Soarin said and sat down next to Rainbow Dash.

“Oh…” Disappointed Rainbow Dash said. “Well I hope you will have fun with them.” She said and started eating her food.

“Oh so you are not coming?” Soarin said and looked at her.

Rainbow Dash quickly spat out the oatmeal from her mouth and asked. “You are inviting me here even thou we aren’t… you know… Together anymore.”

“Of course I’m inviting you here for hearts warming. And didn’t we break up because we didn’t have time for each other.” Soarin said and looked at her.

“Well… yeah…” She said and blushed.

“So you are coming?” Soarin asked excitedly.

“Yeah I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Rainbow Dash said and hugged Soarin. Both of them hoped that they could spent some time together during hearts warming. Of course Soarin was still putting Scootaloo before Dash but he liked her… NO! He loved her. But the reality was that they didn’t have time for each other but maybe that could change.

“But Soarin?” Dash asked. “Who is the other pony you are inviting?”

“It’s one of Scootaloo’s friends. His name is Rumble and what I have seen of him he is a good kid.” Soarin told her.

“Okay. I suppose we should go and get some presents for them.” Rainbow Dash said and stood up.

“Oh so you are not getting me a present.” Soarin said and looked at her.

“Don’t worry about you present Soar.” Rainbow Dash said with a seductive smile. “You are getting one but I’m giving it to you in private.” Rainbow Dash said and started to walk towards the door. Soarin could swear that her hips moved more than usual… “I think you should tell your little foal that you and I got some holiday shopping to do.”

“Yes ma’am!” Soarin said and rushed to Scootaloo’s room where she was reading some Daring Do books. “Scootaloo.” Soarin said and she turned to him.

“What’s up?”

“Me and Rainbow Dash are going out to do some holiday shopping. Do you think you can survive a couple of hours alone?” Soarin asked.

“Yeah you two have fun.” She said and waved at him knowing that he was going to go and buy her a hearts warming present. She couldn’t even imagine what she was going to get.

“Great you now where the fridge is.” Soarin said and gave her a light kiss on the fore head. “See you soon.”

“Yeah bye…” Scootaloo waited until she heard the door close shut. “Dad.”

Author's Note:

Now yes i will have a hearts warming theme going on in this fic during christmas and i will do a special reader suggested story for you as my christmas present to you guys. It can be anything (expect foalcon cuz that's... just no and don't google that kids.) But it can be anything else. you can suggest just characters, story lines or events and i will try to do a short story about it/that/them. if you have a suggestion put it down to the comment section or PM me. i do read and listen to your opinions.

anyways next chapter will be up at some point during next week also next week my test week starts so... dont expect too much. but until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: