• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,943 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,943

Chapter 10 New friends and Enemies

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


“Darn Spitfire.” Soarin muttered as he was flying away from the wonderbolt compound. Spitfire had again left to oversee some recruits at the academy. After all that was mostly her job at this point. She only flew in the big shows where it was a tradition for the captain to lead the team but other vice she would be training the next generation of wonderbolts.

Soarin picked up speed as he flew a cross Canterlot’s clear sky. He saw the ponies of southern districts enjoying the sunny day while the less fortunate were working. He could see the little colts and fillies looking up to the skies as he zoomed past them leaving behind a blue trail. He always enjoyed spending time with his young fans but right now there was one fan who really needed him. And she was probably crying in a dark corner of the orphanage she was taken to.

The orphanage came into Soarin’s vision. It was an old house near the everfree forest. It wasn’t bad looking but it was definitely old. Soarin landed to the front yard and walked up to the door. He walked up to the door and he could hear a couple of kids inside playing. He knocked on the door and soon an old mare opened the door.

“Hello mister how can I help.” She said and looked at him.

“Umm… I’m here to see Scootaloo miss…” Soarin said and offered his hoof.

“My name is Carefree. But you can call me miss free. I believe your name is Soarin...” The old mare said and let Soarin enter in to the house.

“Yes… how did you know?”

“Scootaloo have been talking about you a lot… I must say she thinks quite highly of you.” The mare said and walked into a room which seemed
to be an office. “She is upstairs… After you are done meeting her come here because I’ve got some paper work for you to sing.” She said and smiled.

Soarin quickly walked up stairs and saw a long hall way. He could hear voice coming from a room at the end of it and he decided to follow them. He opened the double doors slightly to see that it was a large room that had all kinds of toys and beds in it. He also saw some younglings in the middle of the room.

“So Scoots what do you think about that.” A young unicorn colt said as he was showing his magic tricks to the other younglings who were looking at him in awe.

“Well… I must say that your tricks are pretty good Flush… but once my dad teaches me to fly and do some tricks your magic tricks will seem like nothing.” Scootaloo said to him. Soarin was taken back by the usage of the word dad… did she mean him… or her actual dad? Only thing Soarin knew was that none of them had yet spotted him so he decided to continue listening.

“Oh really Scoots.” The blue unicorn colt said. “You are in an orphanage. Your dad is probably a loser and you will never see him again. And you are like what 12 years old and still can’t fly.” The colt said and the other ponies around them chuckled a bit. “It seems that either your dad has a really funny definition of flying or something is wrong with you…” He said and pointed at Scootaloo’s chest.

A that moment Soarin was about to jump in and defend Scootaloo but then he saw another colt stood up. “Hey!” A grayish pegasus colt said and walked between them. “You know what Flush?”

“What?” The unicorn asked and took a step back.

“It’s funny how you talk crap about her parents when we don’t even know anything about them… but we know a lot about your parents.” He said and smiled victoriously. The unicorn colt was clearly surprised with that and sat down while giving the grayish colt an angry look.

“You win this round Rumble… But don’t trust your luck too much.” He said and looked at the grey colt.

“Whatever you say Royal Flush… or should I say Toilet Flush.” The colt said and everyone in the room bursted out in laughter.

“Shut up!” The Unicorn colt yelled at the crowd. “I’m the great and powerful Royal Flush and I could send you all to the gates of Tartarus is I wanted to!” He said but every pony kept laughing at him.

“I think it’s more likely that you will send us to the gates of the canterlot sewage treatment plant.” The grey colt said while the others kept laughing.

“Rumble… I will have my revenge!” The unicorn said and threw some powder to the ground that made a small smoke cloud. Of course the smoke wasn’t enough to conceal his escape but it was close enough for him.

“Let’s hear it for rumble for blowing up his massive ego again!” A colt said and the others clapped for the grey colt.

“Thank you, thank you…” He said and bowed. “But I only did it to defend our newest friend… Scootaloo!”

Scootaloo blushed a bit but she was a master at hiding it. “Oh you are so kind but I could have handled his ego all alone.” Scootaloo said with confidence.

“Are you sure…” The colt said and did an action roll on the floor towards a cardboard sword and a shield which he picked up. “His ego is more dangerous that the hounds of Tartarus or the massive dragons of the east!” He said and posed like some brave hero with his cardboard equipment which made the others chuckle a bit in amusement.

“Yeah whatever sir Tumble-a-lot.” Scootaloo said and took his sword away from him. Both of them laughed at that and Soarin saw that Scootaloo was clearly enjoying her new friends.

“Yeah… But Scoots you haven’t told us a lot about your parents…” The colt asked her. She wasn’t ready to talk about her parents or about Soarin… at least not yet.

“Well… Umm… They… you know…” Soarin saw how Scootaloo was stalling out and Decided that this was his time to shine.

“Scootaloo!” He said and cheerfully and walked into the room. “How have you been champ?” Soarin said and picked up Scootaloo who couldn’t believe that he was there.

“You know him Scootaloo?” The colt asked and Scootaloo simply nodded because she was still in shock. “You know a wonderbolt….”

Wait how did he know he was a wonderbolt? Most ponies couldn’t recognize him without his flight suit which he… was wearing…

Author's Note:

well look at that new chapter! Dont worry another one will be out next weekend.

Also Royal Flush.... i have no idea who is his mom:trixieshiftright:

anyways until next weekend have a nice day:twilightsmile: