• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 1,565 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Rangers: Element Storm - mistercokehold8



Follow the adventures of the Element Storm Pony Rangers as they work to save all of Equestria from the ultimate evil from taking over.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,565

Nowhere to Grow

The sun had long set over the skies of Equestria, bringing about the night. Most ponies wouldve taken this as a sign to call it in for the day and get ready to enter dream lan, but in Ponyville three ponies weren't getting the message.

Scootaloo grinded along on her scooter, determined to pull off the best tricks she had under her belt. While she was doing this Applebloom was looking through the glow of the night vision lens of Spike's camera, which they 'borrowed' from the young drake.

"This is your best work yet Scootaloo." Applebloom complemented as the young pegasus mare grinded around a light post. From her wagon Sweetie Belle was looking on, not very impressed.

"Can we go now please?" She asked, annoyed they were still out here. "I gotta help Rarity run the shop tomorrow and Twilight's gonna freak if she knew we we're out this late."

"Come on Sweetie! Just five more minutes?" Scootaloo begged, not wanting to turn it in for the night. "I nearly had it that time!"

"Not to mention what Spikes going to say when he finds out you took his camera."

"We're only borrowing it." Applebloom defended, turning the camera back to her pegasus friend. "Keep going Scoots!" The pegasus mare steadied her scooter when her surprise and annoyance Applebloom lowered the camera.

"Keep filming!"

"What? You want those putties in the background ruining it?" Scootaloo quickly looked to where her friend was filming, seeing a group of putties heading into the darkness of night.

"Sweetie come on!" The unicorn quickly climbed out of her wagon and ran after Scootaloo. "Applebloom!" The earth pony chased after the two, camera still in hoof.

"Look at it this way! This will be great for the video!" Applebloom said, looking for the positive. The putties the three were chasing after had leaped over a wall of hedges, before digging away at the ground with little gardening shovels. Once little holes were dug the putties dropped what appeared to be large seeds into the ground.

"Perfect...." A pair of glowing eyes were watching the minions from the hedges. The putties kept digging away until they were interrupted.

"Hey!" The putties looked up to three Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Applebloom standing over head. "Heard there was a late night gardening party."

"And you didnt invite us?"

"Mind if we crash it?" Scootaloo taunted. The putties made a fighting stance before running off. The pegasus mare had seen enough. "You girls ready?"

“Ready!” In a flash their morphers were ready.

“Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!” The morphing vortex formed around the three, with their ranger outfits snapping over their bodies before once more the visors closed on their helmets.

“Power of Air!”

“Power of Earth!”

“Power of Water!”

Using their abilities the three rangers we're able to what seemed like teleporting around the putties, striking as they did before finally coming to a stop and engaging the putties in combat.

"Dont they know its getting late for this?" Sweetie asked as she kicked away at the putties around her, catching blows and landing several of her own.

"I dont think they care!" Applebloom landed a spinning heel kick before rolling into a putty.

"Let's make this quick!" But as Scootaloo dealt with her putties she failed to notice a vine wrapping around one of her back hooves. "What the?" The red ranger was yanked to the ground and pulled away from her friends and team mates as a plant monster yanked her up, tying her in vines.

"Well look what I got!"

"Watch the suit pal!"

"The names Flora Vendicis!"

"Cool name. Parents mustve loved you!" Scootaloo taunted, breaking free from the vines. She then launched a punch at the plant when it simply teleported behind her. "Huh?" She attempted the same tactic only for it to teleport away again. "Knock that off!" This went on until the monster teleported in front the ranger, firing a laser blast that knocked Scootaloo back in a shower of sparks.

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie and Applebloom helped Scootaloo back onto her hooves.

"Hope you dont have allergies." Flora taunted before purring loudly. She then lifted her viny hands before unleashing a cloud of pollen that exploded on contact with the rangers, knocking them down.

"This flowers nothing to sneeze at." Scootaloo groaned.

"Time to make like a plant, and leave!" Flora turned in place before vanishing right in front of the rangers.

"Wait! Come back!" The three scrambled up, right as their morphers went off.

"Oh rangers. Twilight would like to have a word with you." Spike's said over the communicator. Their hearts sank.

"Busted."


The three rangers made the walk of shame to Ranger HQ under Twilight's library. Once there they could tell Twilight did not look happy, and for that matter neither did Spike.

"Can't believe we got beat up by celery." Applebloom moaned as Spike snatched back his camera.

"Maybe it's because you three dont get enough sleep."

"I'll ask why you three were out late later. Did the monster drop anything?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, a bunch of seeds."

"Give them to me." Scootaloo did as told. "We'll talk about your punishment later."

"Hate to be in your scooter hooves." Spike joked.

"Dont you have books to dust off or something?" Scootaloo asked annoyed.

"Since when is Nightmare Moon into gardening?" Sweetie asked.

"Well there are plants that will grow and thrive in the night, I dont believe these are them." Twilight noted, poking one of the seeds with her hoof. She would instantly regret that as the seed emitted a green vapor, and a terrible smell. "Oh dear Celestia..."

"It reeks!" Scootaloo said as the other began holding their noses.

"Smells like Applebloom after training." Sweetie teased.

"You're not wrong."

"Twilight what are they?"

"I'm not entirely sure. But I know somepony who will know." Twilight stated. "Dr. Firefly is an old family friend who's making a stop in Ponyville. He specializes in exotic plants so if any pony will know what these are, its him. So, in the morning you'll visit him in his botanical laboratory."

"Why don't I go?" Spike asked, a bit miffed he was being overlooked. "It may need somepony who actually has a clue about botany."

"Dude, just so you know, we can handle a little plant." Scootaloo teased, patting Spike on the chest.

"Scoot knock it off."

"That's enough." Twilight said sternly. "You two return home." She said looking at Sweetie and Applebloom. "You return to your room." She said to Scootaloo. "And be careful. This might be dangerous." The three rangers began making their way out, Spike behind them. "And Spike..." This stopped the young drake. "Be careful how you choose to get involved."

"Twilight I can help." Spike said, annoyed they were having this talk, again.

"And you always do."

"No I mean really help! I'm tired of just sitting around, twiddling my claws and doing nothing!" Twilight kept her stern look on the young dragon, letting out a sigh.

"Spike, I'm sorry but I have my reasons. So I want you here, no ifs ands or buts." Spike opened his mouth to argue, but decided to let the whole thing go. Sulking, he walked out the entrance to Element Ops, leaving Twilight alone with her thoughts. Shaking her head she trotted over to the shelf full of books, scrolls and parchments. She looked at the various photos of herself at a younger age, along with a still hatchling Spike. The paused on a photo that didnt have her in it. Instead it had Celestia, a pink dragon and a purple egg with green spots. "He's acting just like her.....just like you said he would..." She said quietly to the Celestia in the photo.


Despite Twilight's instructions to not get involved under any circumstances Spike have had enough of not doing anything. So when the morning came he headed out ahead of the rangers. Twilight wouldnt suspect anything as the drake usually went out on walks to gather his thoughts. This time however he walked off to the greenhouse that had been set up on the edge of Ponyville overlooking the creek. Seeds in claw he walked inside.

"Hello? Dr. Firefly?" Spike asked as he examined the unusual plants around him. He turned when he heard the sounds of trotting. Behind him he found a charcoal gray unicorn with a red and orange color mane and tail. Behind his thick glasses the blue eyes of Dr. Firefly examined Spike.

"I assume Twilight sent you?" The unicorn chuckled. "Always sending her #1 assistant. Come in!" Spike helped himself, the warm environment not bothering him at all. "So, what does Miss Sparkle need now?"

"Do you know what these are?" Spike held out the seeds. Dr. Firefly lifted them closely with his magic, adjusting his glasses. "Ohhhh, and where in Equestria did you come across these?"

"You know what they are?"

"Of course, its the seed of the Supema Plant. Very rare, from the same family as the venus fly trap....only with a slightly more aggressive nature." Spike didnt like the sound of that.

"How aggressive?" He asked.

"Fully grown this plant is capable of devouring everything in its path."

"Well, then I think we have a problem here." Spike said, now concerned.

"Oh don't worry Spike, they're harmless. Unless you fertilize them in a special mineral water that provides a kick, so to speak."

"Where do you get this special water?"

"Oh its usually found in springs located at the base of some mountains. Like the mountain Canterlot sits on for example."

"You're talking about Magic Springs?"

"Yes!" Dr. Firefly said, pleased that someone understood botany. "I'm experimenting with the water, but the trek is too dangerous for one pony to take. Besides, I got giant corns to worry about." Spike finally noticed the large ears of corn growing behind the unicorn.

"Impressive. Well I better be off then." Spike excused himself out the door, now knowing where he was going to go. He had to get some of the mineral water from the Magic Spring. If anything it might provide a way to defeat the plants, if that time came. But as he was making his way out, pack over his shoulder he failed to notice a cart pulling up. The occupants did not fail to notice him.

"Hey...is that Spike?" Scootaloo asked.

"Since when did he leave Element Ops?"

"Should we call Twilight?" Scootaloo shook her head.

"No. I'll follow him and see whats he up to. You girls go talk to the plant guy."

"Sounds like a plan." Sweetie agreed. Scootaloo exited the cart and made off after the dragon. Applebloom and Sweetie helped themselves into the greenhouse. While they were expecting one doctor, they were not however expecting two. "Umm, excuse me? We're looking for a Dr. Firefly?" The two doctors, one griffon and blue unicorn turned to the two rangers.

"Well um, Dr. Firefly's a bit tied up right now but we can help. I'm Dr. Treehugger." The griffon muttered. "And this is Dr..."

"Root! Flora Root!" The unicorn shook their hooves vigorously. Something seemed off here to Applebloom.

"Sooo...whats that plant?" She pointed to the large yellow flower behind the doctors.

"Oh its used for perfume...want a sniff?" The unicorn asked, no longer smiling. Sweetie's eyes widen.

"Wait! I know you two! You're-" The plant then covered the two rangers in a green mist. Their vision began to blur out before the two collapsed.

"Nighty night, sleep tight, dont let the baddies take over your world cause you're too tired to fight." Trixie taunted. Gilda rolled her eyes.

"Look, dont talk, ever."

"Nightmare Moon told me you two were worthless." Flora Vendicis said from the comfort of the plants. "Dispose of them two while I attend to my babies." She purred as she looked at more seeds, sitting in the very mineral bath they needed to grow. "This is a beautiful plant to grow my botanical bombshell. Once those other fools return with the rest of the mineral water I'll fertilize all the runts in Equestria!"


Unaware of the danger that was happening back in Ponyville Spike finally arrived at the base of the mountain where Canterlot sat. Judging by the plants and the thickness of them the spring had to be close. As the drake pushed his way through the plants he failed to notice how effectively Scootaloo was trailing him.

"What are you up to?" She asked herself quietly as she spied on Spike fishing for water from a branch over the spring.

"That should be enough." Spike said to himself as he fished the bottle back up and placing it inside of his pack. Smirking contently to himself, he lost the smirk when the swarm of Putties surrounded him. As two putties leaped at him he made the long jump to the shore, making it with plenty of room to spare. The putties collided and fell into the spring below. The putties surrounded Spike on land, but they werent expecting him to fight back.

Spike caught and dodged several punches, trading back with punches and landing elbow shots. Ducking under a overhead kick he swept the legs out from two putties, twirling around and tackling another putting down before trading blows with a third. Knocking one down with a well placed kick to the chest he twisted the arm of another one, bring it to the ground. Scootaloo finally caught up to Spike, spying at him from a treetop.

"What the.....Spike?" She asked herself confused as the drake continue to fight back. Two putties were coming from behind when Scootaloo finally took them down with a drop kick, rolling over to Spike and standing back to back with him.

"What are you doing here?" Spike asked.

"Great question. Why dont you go first?" Scootaloo countered as the two split and took down one putty as a team. Scootaloo began landing chest kicks, over head kicks and leg sweeps as Spike continued trading blows. One putty made a break for the spring, a bottle in hand.

"They're going for the water! We gotta stop them!" Spike charged after the putty as Scootaloo continued her battle, leg sweeping one putty off a fallen branch. Spike finally caught the putty, and taking the bottle he twisted the putties arm, twirling it over and crashing into a tree. Knowing when its time to give up the putties made a hasty retreat. Scootaloo gather her breath before rejoining Spike.

"What was that all about?" She asked, before realizing something. "And since when did you learn to fight?"

"I spent years at Celestia's Academy. Do the math."

"Hey relax, I'm just surprised thats all." Scootaloo said impressed. "Didnt know you had it in you." She said, slugging Spike's shoulder softly.

"There's a lot you dont know about me Scootaloo." Spike said, no longer in a good mood.

"Yeah and who's fault is that?" Scootaloo asked, getting the message loud and clear. Spike glared for a moment before rubbing his eyes.

"I gotta get this sample back to Dr. Firefly."

"So what are you gonna tell Twilight about...you know?"

"Don't worry. I'll handle Twilight." Spike said, just wanting to leave.

"Whoa boy, nopony handles Twilight. You should know that better then anypony." The red ranger teased. Spike simply shook his head and began walking away. "Hey she just cares about you Spike ok? She doesnt want you getting hurt."

"Well as you can see she has nothing to worry about!" Spike snapped. Scootaloo to a step back in defense. The young drake blew a puff of smoke out of his nostrils and went about his way. The red ranger had a sinking feeling this wouldnt be the last time this would be brought up, but that was between Spike and Twilight.


In the greenhouse Sweetie Belle finally began to stir from her slumber. Opening her groggy eyes she discovered her front hooves were tied via vines above her head. Applebloom was in the same spot, only still out cold.

"Bloom....Applebloom wake up." Sweetie said, nudging her teammate. The yellow ranger groaned before finally opening her eyes. "Whats happening?" Sweetie asked, getting worried.

"This is what happens when you play with your food." Applebloom commented, trying to break the vines. Sweetie struggled with the vines until she had an idea.

"Hang on, I think I can get us out of here." She closed her eyes and concentrated. With the sunlight coming in through the windows a small stream of water slowly rose until it met the suns rays. A beam of light reflected off the water, making contact with the vines and slowly burning them away.

"Oh! Hot! Hot! Ow!" Applebloom said, the rays accidently burning them as well.

"Sorry." Sweetie giggled. "Need to make a few adjustments."


Spike made the trek back to Element Ops with seeds and mineral water tucked away in his pack. If he was lucky he could get in and out without Twilight making much of a fuss, if any at all. But there were days he learned when luck simply wasnt on his side; today being one of them. As he walked down the stairs he found Twilight sitting in his chair, looking very disappointed.

"Well, glad you see you made it back alright." Spike could hear the disappointment in her voice. He placed the seeds and mineral water aside on a side table.

"I made it alright."

"You deliberately went against my orders by going off on your own! Do you know how disappointed in you I am?" Twilight asked, rising to her hooves. Spike turned and looked her in the eyes. "I'm very disappointed in you Spike."

"How did you know I went to the doctor?" He asked. Twilight smirked.

"You may have spent a few years helping Celestia at her Academy, but I was her personal student, and your guardian. Not a good combination is it?" Twilight trotted over and looked deeply into her assistant. "Spike, I knew this day would come. Celestia told me its in your blood." Spike couldnt look at her.

"Look, I have nothing against Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle or Applebloom. They've come a long way but I know I can help." While the two were discussing matters they both failed to notice one of the seeds sprouted a vine that was sucking up the mineral water. "Not just help in here but out there!"

"....as a Pony Ranger perhaps?" Twilight guessed. The look on Spike's face told her she was right.

"....yeah, as a Pony Ranger."

"Spike you can be the bravest Ranger of them all."

"Then why didnt you choose me?!" Spike snapped, raising his voice.

"Spike....I can't. When you were just an egg Celestia made a promise. She asked me to carry on with that promise." The young drake looked confused.

"A promise? With who?"

"....your mother." Spike was finally able to look at Twilight. "When your mother was heavily wounded by dragon hunters she gave her only egg to her closest friend: Princess Celestia. She made the princess promise to protect you from harm before she died. When I hatched you Celestia instructed me to carry out with the promise. Spike your mother knew too well a Rangers life is one filled with constant danger."

"Twilight Celestia made that promise when I was a helpless egg."

"There is nothing more powerful and sacret then a promise to a friend." Twilight argued.

"My mother wouldve wanted this for me! She wouldve wanted me to fulfill my potential!"

"But unfortunately we'll never know that Spike. I'm sorry, I really am but my decision is final." Spike finally had enough and stormed out of Element Ops. Twilight could only look on sadly. She knew his heart was in the right place but she had a promise to fulfill. Little did the two know the seeds were beginning to sprout....


"Almost....there.....got it!" The vines finally fell away, freeing the hooves of Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

"Come on! We gotta tell Twilight about the plant problem!" The two kept low in order to avoid detection from any more hostile plants when a loud grunting nose from the other room caught their attentions. Carefully the two opened the door to find a gray pony dangling from the ceiling upside down. "This has to be Dr. Firefly."

"Just figured that out?"

"No its on his name badge." Applebloom pointed out.

"Just help me get him down." The earth pony looked for anything that could help when she appeared with a pair of hedge clipper, and aimed for the top vine. "No not there!" With a quick snip Dr. Firefly fell head first to the floor.

"Oh! I am so sorry!" Applebloom apologized. The doctor swept himself off.

"Forget that! A terrible creature is growing the Supema Plant in my basement!"

"Go get help!" The two rangers quickly found the way down into Dr. Fireflys basement. Slowly making their way down to avoid falling into a trap, they had to cover their noses. "Ugh, its that smell again."

"Looks like some kind of nursery." Sweetie said, looking at the large plant growing out.

"What could be growing in this water?"

"Those are my flower children!" The two rangers turned to see Flora standing on the top of the stairs in. "So you might wanna back off before I put my petals to your metal! Can you dig it?"

"Applebloom!" The ranger looked down to see vines trying to grab her and Sweetie Belle. Trying to avoid the vines the two raised their morphers.

"Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!"

As the vines entangled the two their element blades were no match for the plants.

"Get off me!" Applebloom struggled to fight back. As the two swung away they were lifted off the ground.

"Time to pollinate the entire population! Grow babies grow!" The plant finally sprouted upwards, crashing right through the ceiling and into the open sky. The enormous plant began swinging the two rangers around helplessly. From Element Ops Spike and Twilight were finally noticing the issue.

"Call for Scootaloo."

"But I can help them!"

"Spike...send Scootaloo." Twilight warned. Spike growled, but pulled up Scootaloo on the com system.

"Scootaloo come in!" Scootaloo was visiting the local market when her morpher went off.

"Whats wrong?"

"The others need you now!"

"I'm on it." Quickly ducking behind a pile of crates to make sure she was being watched she raised her morpher.

"Element Storm! Ranger Form! Ha!" The morphing vortex surrounded the red ranger as her outfit snapped into place.

Fully morphed she ran as quickly as she could to the large plant out in the distance. "Girls!" She yelled as she arrived.

"About time!"

"Can you lend us a hoof?"

"Hang on! Hawk Blaster!" Pulling out her signature weapon she fired off a beam of energy but to her shock and surprise it didnt even make a dent. "Thats not possible..." A large vine then struck her, sending her crashing down in a shower of sparks. "Spike! I need some help!"

"Scootaloo's down." Spike began typing when a vine wrapped around Twilight, yanking her up into the air. The seed in Element Ops had finally sprouted. "Twilight!" Spike launched from his chair and began fighting the vines, but every time he would cut one away another would simply grow. "Ugh! Until Scootaloo takes down the main plant we cant do anything!" Having to turn away from the flailing and screaming Twilight Spike began wildly typing away. "Scootaloo!" He swatted a vine away. "I've been working on a program to increase the strength of your Element Blades! Prepare to download!" Spike slammed his hand on the large button as Scootaloo summoned her sword.

"Element Blade! Power Up!" The blade emitted a slight glow as Scootaloo swiped at a vine, finally bringing it down. "Time to cut down some weeds!" She began swinging wildly at the vines, hacking away at anything that moved towards her. With a path cleared the red ranger took to the air and with one well place swipe the large flower overlooking the greenhouse exploded. Scootaloo landed gracefully as Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were dropped from their entanglement. Spike looked to see Twilight flopping to the floor. The drake let out a sigh of relief.

"Great job Scootaloo! Everypony ok there?"

"Yeah Spike. We're fine, thanks to you."

"Why you!" The three rangers looked to see Flora Vendicis overlooking the three. "You killed my babies! Let's end this down!"

"No problem!" The two sides began circling each other until the three rangers pulled out their swords. Not only did they not make a dent, Flora was able to flip the three over in a shower of sparks. Scootaloo scrambled up over for a vine to wrap around her waist.

"You really get wrapped up in your work!" The monster taunted. Scootaloo tried rolling away but couldnt break free as she was launched into her team mates in a shower of sparks. "I'm a flora you cant ignora!" FLora unleashed a cloud of pollen that exploded on contact with the three. When the smoke cleared the three rangers were missing. "I guess that worked better then expected." Sweetie Belle and Applebloom swung in on vines, landing hard shots with their blades. Scootaloo came flying in, taking Flora with her with a well placed kick to her chest as the ranger hacked away with her blade.

"It's a sword and a weed wacker all in one!" Scootaloo taunted. Flora collapsed against a wall, smoking in pain.

"Let's put them together!" Applebloom said as the three rangers combined their signature weapons.

"Storm Striker!" The three rangers took aim with Scootaloo at the helm.

"Whoa....what a night...."Flora groaned weakly as she rose to her feet.

"FIRE!" The weapon charged up its energy before firing a large energy sphere directly at Flora. The monster screamed as the blast connected before collapsing in a large explosion. From up above the villains were looking on in discontent.

"Oh well, another one bites the dust." Gilda commented.

"Who's idea was it to use weeds?!" Nightmare Moon snapped as Gilda and Iron Will instantly pointed at Trixie.

"Hers!"

"Wait a minute!"

"I'll deal with you later...." The alicorn of the night growled, before pointing at the planet below and firing a spell at the remains of Flora. The monster glowed before growing to a massive size.

"Thats some fertilizer!"

"I knew it was too easy....Spike! We need the zords!"

"Coming up!" The Zords were moved from their underground hanger and out into the world via the holographic portals. The Hawk Zord flew out from its location from under Cloudsdale, the Dolphin Zord emerged from its disguise as an Equestria Cruise ship, and finally the Lion Zord left its spot from a carnival where it was disguised as a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel.

"Let's go!" The three rangers took to the air, landing directly in the cockpits of their respective zords. “Megazord Formation!” Once more the Lion Zord shifted until it formed the legs, chest piece and the left arm, while the Dolphin Zord clipped into place as the right arm before finally the Hawk Zord shifted as well, clipping into place as the head.

"This wont take long. Lightning Mode!" Scootaloo said, pushing the correct button to trim down the megazord, but they would only have this for sixty seconds.

"You dont scare me!" Flora taunted.

"Maybe this will! Rim Attack!" The Megazord extended two blades from each arm, then held them in a way to make it look like a wheel. The Megazord took to the air as a track was layed out in front of it. "Ready! The Megazord rolled down the track as a blade wheel, colliding directly with Flora, rolling her over and launching her into the air and sending her crashing into the ground.

"Power down to battle mode!" The Megazord regrew the parts it had shed a moment ago in order to return to its default mode. "Let's wack this weed once and for all! Prism Flurry!" The Megazord pulled a large rip cord to spin the mane of the lion head on its shoulder. Pointing at the plant it began firing a barrage of energy spheres that each exploded on contact.

"I'm not liking this anymore!" Flora screamed.

"Power disc!" Scootaloo removed the disc from her morpher. "Locked, and dropped!" The chest of the Megazord opened, forming a red sphere that had the number one. "Power Sphere activate! Serpent Sword!" The sphere opened as a small serpent zord flew out and formed into a sword. "Megazord Multiply!" The MEgazord split into three copies of itself. "Serpent Sword! Triple Strike!" All three rangers called. Each Megazord swung with its sword, each massive slash connecting with Flora, each one causing the monster to emit lightning discharge and sparks until, while screaming wildly, it finally collapsed to the ground with a massive explosion. As the rangers celebrated the Megazord reformed into one. The three then leaped from their cockpits and landed on top of the Megazord, admiring the view.


The three returned to Element Ops in a great mood, but quickly lost those moods when they looked at Twilight.

"Are you still mad at us?" Scootaloo asked.

"Come on Twilight we would have never found those seeds if we weren't out late." Sweetie argued. The older unicorn looked at the three with a stern expression.

"I have taken that into consideration. However, breaking rules cant go unpunished. So everypony, ten mile jog please." The three rangers looked very annoyed as Spike smirked.

"What? Ten miles!"

"Its cold out!"

"Are you kidding me?!" The three groaned as they made their way out to accept their punishments. Spike chuckled to himself, until he noticed the look Twilight was giving him.

"What?" Twilight smirked.

"I said everypony Spike. That means you as well."

"Me? What did I do?" Spike asked confused.

"Besides sneaking out, fighting putties and disobeying my orders."

"How old does somepony have to be until they can do whatever they want?" Spike groaned. Twilight kept her smirk.

"Nopony has lived that long Spike. Now go. When you return we'll discuss your future training." Spike was nearly at the door when those words sunk in. He turned back to his guardian.

"Training? But what about the promise?"

"There are other ways besides that of a Ranger Spike." The smile on Spikes face grew as realization grew. He made his way out to catch up with the rangers. Twilight smiled, knowing she at least would make him happy, without breaking the promise.