• ...
 13
 1,464

Chapter 1

Strum Awesomeposture rolled over, and sniffed the air. Ice Cream.

“BON BON?!”

She called out from the kitchen, “Yes dear?”

“I THOUGHT WE AGREED THAT WE WOULD NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN!”

“Yes but... I’m on a secret mission to save Equestria with Applejack and Derpy. Again. And I need your help.”

Strum Awesomeposture groaned and stumbled out of bed. She walked down the hallway grumbling something about it was too early and I don’t want to be a secret hero I just wanna go have fun around Ponyville, teach some kids how to play some kind of intrument and go back to bed fourteen hours later.

“What was that?”

“nothing...”

Why... she didn’t want this. She was fine with Bon Bon being a spy and all, but she didn’t want to have to do this... this is why she never wanted to talk about ice cream again... it... did things to her. She didn’t want that life anymore.

Bon Bon flopped the ice cream pancakes down in front of Strum Awesomeposture once she sat down in the table. She deadpanned.

“Look, you know you have to eat them. Otherwise I’ll have to make more. Don’t let them thaw out...”

“For me?”

Strum Awesomeposture sighed... she had to didn’t she. She levitated her old over priced ice cream pancake eating spoon of wonder out of a drawer a few feet away from the table she was at. She brought it down and scooped up a small piece, took a little nibble and...

===

Applejack lept out of bed, galloped torwards the front door, and whipped it open, peeled the siding of her house off and grabbed her cape and rope off the hook. Embroidered on the side of the cape was two hooves kicking apples into the mighty ugly face of Black Snooty.

“Ah’m ready”

===

“WHAT?! NO! NOT COOL!”

Derpy groaned and got up from the ground she had met when Rainbow Dash decided to fly into her. “Look, Ah have to. It’s mah job.” She didn’t need this...

“So? Quit! I don’t care! You’re not leaving with Applejack to go on some secret mission!”

“Secret, right...” She muttered under her breathe. Definetely a secret mission now. Nopony would probably think of somepony saying something like that seriously at least... She raised her voice slightly for the first time. “Look, you don’t sign up for the PIA just to quit anytime you want. I just can’t, and I wouldn’t anyways. Applejack knows that too you know.”

Rainbow of course didn’t listen. “How did she even know about this in the first place?” Derpy wondered.

“APPLEJACK I’M COMING FOR YOU!”

She barreled off again. It wasn’t as if trying to stop her would do much... Derpy rolled one of her eyes.

===

“Now what in tarnation...” Applejack thought to herself after being knocked to the ground.

“Applejack! No! You can’t leave!”

She turned onto her stomach and stood up again. “Ah can’t stop now Dash.
“But nooooooooo! Applejack, you don’t! But! No! Uh... bu bu but WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME HERE? What if you don’t come back?” She shouted as Applejack walked away.

“I have to do this.” She galloped towards Bon Bon’s house. Rainbow knew she had to let her... for now. “I wonder why she’s so keen on keeping me here...” she wondered.

===

“What in the hay? Ice cream tastes horrible in pancake form!”

“What? but it’s the most efficient way, you have to eat it this way...”

"Oh wait, this was never tested was this, she thought..." This could be bad.

“I want cupcakes!”

“Oh Celestia”

“NOW!”

She sat at the dining room table, looking up at Bon Bon. “Please?” She asked with her expression.

“I guess this way doesn’t channel pure Strum Awesomeposture ice cream eating powers very well does it...”

“So can I have ice cream cupcakes then? I mean what’s the difference? I bet they’ll taste better.” All she knew is that she wanted ice cream. And she’d only eat it inside of a cupcake.

“...Fine. I’m going to go grab some from sugarcube corner. You stay here. What with what ice cream does to you in incased in pancakes, cupcakes couldn’t hurt... Confound the Doctor and his ideas.” She muttered the last bit quietly, walked out and shut the door behind her with her teeth.

===

Applejack galloped past Bon Bon, continueing towards her house-

“Wait, Bon Bon? Why’re you leavin' yer house now? The meetin’ is here right?”
“Because somepony at my house doesn’t take well to eating ice cream pancakes. She wants cupcakes now.”

“Why’d that be?”

“Because Doctor Whooves apparently thinks that even though pancakes are an efficient way to deliver energy through ice cream it doesn’t matter how they do so. So now Strume needs her ice cream through cupcakes and will take nothing else. If anything, I have to agree that it can’t make it much worse.”

“Well ah k, ah’ll be watchin’ your house then.”

“see you later”

Applejack continued towards her house. She wondered what they were supposed to do, anyways. It must be important if Bon Bon was getting Strum to eat ice cream again.

===

Ten minutes later, Derpy started to file past Dash’s harsh gaze from a bush. She finally got done with some business with somepony...

How long had she been there? “You know, I know you’re there Dash.”

“I’m just watching to make sure Applejack doesn’t leave. Carry on”

“Whatever, she saw you too you know... anyways. Do whatever, but you can’t stop her.”

“That’s what YOU think, Derpy...” She pulled her binoculars away from her face and shrunk into the bush once again. I know what I’m doing, she thought...

===

“What took ya so long? An Bon Bon ain’t here yet by the way.”

“I went ahead and grabbed some muffins for this.”

“Ya didn’t”

“Well, you don’t know how bad it might get...”

“So Strum, have you got your ice cream yet?”

“She hasn't... she’s gotten kinda... really silent, to tell ya the truth for some reason. Ah’m not quite sure why, but well... ah’ll tell ya what Bon Bon told me...”

===

“How are you doing Pinkie?”

“GREAT! Actually I just got a new shipment of icing in new colors, seventy three to be exact, you have to be able to mix them easily to create odd colors you know and my room-“

“Ok ok ok, I don’t have too much time right now. Can I just have half a dozen cupcakes? I don’t care which ones. You pick.”

“Well I just LOVE these swirly ones with the balloons on top that ok with you huh huh?”

Bon Bon was amazed how fast she bounced across the room towards her. “Yes. fine. anything. Just hand me them...”

“Okie dokie lokie then!”

Taking the package and tucking it into her sadle bag, she said “Oh, and would you mind not mentioning this to anypony?”

After five minutes of the flurry of hoof movements and gestures Pinkie started, really putting effort into this promise apparently, Bon Bon walked off. There wasn’t any time for this.

“What in the hay... Why’s it raining? It seems like some weather pony’s been slacking off lately... hmm...”

===

“Ok, I’m back!” Bon Bon anounced, soaked.

“Well finally! We thought ya might’ve left us!”

“Well, that’s Pinkie Pie for you.”

“Very true, of course... I definitely know that, me spending most of my mornings with her before my mail route.”

“Strum hasn’t been mighty talkative ya know. She’s had kind of a blank stare for the past five minutes now. Doin’ nothin' but sitting at that table there. I don’t know WHAT must’ve been in those there pancakes...”

“So what’s up with Strum again?” Bon Bon asked.

“She’s been kinda... silent. She’s usually such a talkative and cheerful little pony ya know? Except in the mornin' oh course. Ya know, Ah mean you live with her.”

“Strange... some effect of the pancakes I guess. Pan shaped ice cream. OF COURSE it didn’t work. I can’t believe I ever tried it...” She thought for a second. “Anyways, Strum, here you go.” she said as she walked over to the dining room table Strum Awesomeposture was sitting at, pulled the package out of her saddle bag and started to open up the box the cupcakes were in.

“What color are they?” Strum Awesomeposture interjected. Her voice sounded slightly... different for some reason.

“What? Why does that matter?”

“They have to be-“

The phone rang. “Don’t you like this new phone we just got? I bought it with the money I saved up from selling the candy I make.”

“Your number has come up,” the caller said in an eery voice. Bon Bon sighed and hanged up... Just somepony trying to mess with her...

“-Rainbow colored.”

The color in Bon Bon’s face drained away, even visible outside of her fur.

Applejack whispered in her ear, “Ya know we have to don’t you?”

Derpy sat on the couch in the living room, silent. She didn’t know what to say. One of both her and Pinkie's best friends...

“Yes but... oh, poor Rainbow... I’ll go ask Pinkie for the cupcakes... why did I ever have to make those pancakes... I wish I could have stopped this earlier. But I can't once this starts...

This was exactly the kind of thing Strum Awesomeposture wanted to avoid.

===

“Hey there, silly Dash! Glad you woke up! I’m just finishing tightening your restraints too.”

Rainbow Dash’s voice cracked. “Uh... Pinkie... what are you doing? Where am I?”

“Oh, under sugarcube corner silly!”

“Wh- why?” She looked around and all she could see were stained stone walls around her... were those c-cutie marks on the wall th-there?

“Oh, just give me a second silly Dash... now where DID I put those shears...”
Rainbow felt faint. “Uh... uhm.. Pinkie Pie?” She said as her voiced cracked. “Wh-what are you doing? Seriously...” What were those metal instruments hanging on the wall...

“I thought I left them right there... oh, here they are. Oh, just hold on for one second.” Pinkie said cheerfully.

*SNIP*

===

“MY TAIL! What the hay Pinkie?”

“Well Dash, I knew you wouldn’t let me cut it off if I asked you!” They were sitting down at a table in Sugarcube corner now and Rainbow Dash had just woken up. Well what did you think I would do? Chop you up into little bits, dance around with your intestines and keep your cutie mark or something? Silly Dashie. What have you been reading.”

“Uh.. no... I’m going to go find Applejack... Still, Pinkie, don’t DO that to ponies. And don’t use your pomegranite slicers next time...”

“Dash, I know you want to stop Applejack from leaving.”

“Yeah?”

“Well.. the others think I chopped you into little bits to make cupcakes out of you.”
“...Nice. Now the others think I’m dead.”

She started to fly off-

“WAIT! silly Dash, sometimes I wonder about you.”

“I have to tell the others that you’re not a raving lunatic- or at least a mean one. I mean. You know.”

“Dash, I told everypony that the only way to make Rainbow Colored cupcakes was to kill you because that way they wouldn’t know that you’re following them around!”

“Pinkie? You did that? Thank you,” she said as she hugged Pinkie Pie.

“Well of course! I didn’t want to get in the way of you and Applejack or anything! Being great at pranks helps too.” She let go.

“...Helps to scare the hay out of ponies you give haircuts to you mean.”

“Get over it Dash...”

“And you can definetely draw cutie marks very well...”

“Yeah, we store various things down there. Coinkidink I guess!”

“Anyways. Ok, fine. I’m off to find Applejack.” She walked out.

...Rainbow Dash stepped back into Sugarcube corner. “Ok, disguise time. Don’t want anypony recognising me."

“Okie dokie lokie! I love surprises!”

“Disguises.”

“Either way!”