• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 734 Views, 2 Comments

The Land of Equestria Saga Acts 1-5 - derrick1714



With threats from another world appearing, and Equestria being brought to its knees. Only one man can save it, and in the end friendship is magic. (See Full Description)

  • ...
5
 2
 734

Act 1: Part 1--Chapter 7

Unused Series 2
The Land of Equestria Saga
Act 1 Part 1
Chapter 7
The Equestrian Puppets

Celestia continued. “So without further delay, welcome our new ruler.” Celestia walked to her sister and Cadence, as the curtains were pulled back. Everypony was shocked to see a ventriloquist dummy lying in a chair, all messy like he was thrown. A few ponies began to get up, until a creepy giggle began. It got louder and louder, until the dummy rose up and continued to laugh his creepy dark laugh while almost everypony screamed.

Discord, Starlight, and Spike watched as Slappy waved to the camera. Then the screen fell, and Twilight spoke saying “Now for the party games to begin.”

Once Slappy stopped waving, he redirected his attention to his adoring public. While Pegasus, earth ponies and unicorns all alike began to gallop or fly towards the exits. However with a flick of his wrist the doors all closed and locked themselves, all the ponies then looked back on stage where the princesses were standing and saw the tears running down their muzzles.

Slappy watched as the realization hit them all, and then spoke. “Hello slaves, names Slappy but you can call me The Puppeteer of Equestria. Also before you get any ideas about leaving, allow me to show you your punishment for such acts.” Slappy then proceeded to pull the wand out of his sleeve, and aimed it at random. To Big Mac it felt like an eternity, when in reality it only took ten seconds. His fur lost all its color, while strings flew from the ceiling and wrapped him up. Then his cutie mark morphed into Slappy’s face, all while Slappy laughed.

Everypony then watched as Big Mac trotted over to the princesses, and used his teeth to peel the fake cutie marks away. What everyone then saw was the same glowing mark Big Mac now had, Slappy then hopped onto Big Mac and pulled a remote out of the front pocket of his suit. Everypony looked on in horror as the button was pushed, and a mirror ball fell from the ceiling and dangled above everyone.

Slappy watched their looks of terror and giggled. “Now for the viewers at home, watching things play out.” Slappy waved at the magic camera again, and then continued to speak while pointing his wand at the ball. “I've got a present for everypony; I know that your version of Christmas is over. However I wanted to give you all a present anyway, so let’s put a smile on all those scared faces.” Slappy then pressed the small green button on his wand, and watched it hit the mirror ball. Beams of magic started shooting everywhere and as ponies ran for cover, more beams appeared. After four minutes of screaming and pleading the worse was over, Slappy turned off his wand in placed it inside his suit.

Everypony stood at attention, still with ghostly string above them all. All the strings connected to different parts of their bodies, and made them appear as true puppets. Slappy then hopped down from Big Mac and motioned for the camera to get closer, once it was down to Slappy’s level he addressed Equestria as a whole.

“Well this has been fun; however I've got three idiots that think they can stop me. So I'm offering a reward, bring them too me and I might let you go. However you'll all soon be joining your friends here and I'd hate to think you ruined your chance at a free mind. So basically bring me Starlight Glimmer, Spike, and Discord or well you already know the punishment. Bye for now and I look forward to taking over all of Equestria soon enough.” Slappy ended the video with his laugh, and while everypony in the room knew Slappy was lying. There were some throughout Equestria that truly believed his promise, but decided against it since Discord was on Slappy’s list.

As Twilight used her magic to switch the screen off, Discord used his chaotic power to materialize a pair of industrial sized scissors. Before the 6 puppets could charge Discord then cut their strings, freeing them for a short while from Slappy’s control.

“There’s a man coming.” Coughed Twilight, as she slowly fell into unconsciousness along with the other members of the mane 6. “The man has a book, a book that can that can stop.” Twilight slowly closed her eyes as she finished her sentence. “That can stop Slappy, find him in 2 days. He’s our only hope, save Doji.” Twilight then fell into the grasp of unconsciousness, and while Discord examined the cutie marks. Starlight and Spike began thinking, and planning.

“We have to leave; we can't let Slappy get his hands on this man’s book.” Starlight declared, as Spike nodded.

“Whatever this man is, if he can save Equestria then he must be found.” Spike said, while Discord clawed a hole in space time and scratched his beard.

“Okay so we have a world that almost everypony is a puppet, Slappy is king. Then there's a man coming, who can save us all. Well crazier has happened, now first things first.” Discord turned to Starlight and Spike, while smiling devilishly at them.

“Why are you-?” Before Starlight could voice her question, Discord pushed her through the rip along with Spike.

“I'm confronting Slappy; you too need to find this Doji person in 2 days. I'll see you when this game ends, bye dear friends.” With that Discord sealed the rip, and turned just as Slappy entered through the double doors laughing.

“Well Discord it's good to see you again, it feels like ages since I talked with someone as chaotic and insane as me.” Slappy then began to giggle and laugh his creepy laugh, and continued. “It's really funny now that I think back, before I arrived I had escaped and planned revenge against one of my enemies named Doji.” Slappy frowned with anger at the name, while Discord thought back to Twilight saying Doji could beat Slappy. Slappy then smiled and continued. “So I sent Vlad to off his wife, but Doji being the hero found a way to win. I then ran because I knew what was coming, however before I ever got away I fell into a colorful void. That brought me here dearie, and the second I saw the outside world I knew I could win. I only needed a plan of attack, which Twilight accidentally gave me when Starlight gave me directions to the storage closet.” Slappy used his wand to make a child's chair appear, and sat in it while continuing. “So then I began with stealing magic, I only needed a piece of certain ones. However they didn't know that, and when they broke my first toy they thought they had won. Sadly though it was only the beginning, and now we're here with one of my three threats confronting me.” Slappy smiled and started to laugh again at the thought of Discord’s act of heroism, and the thought of their only being two threats left soon.

Discord smiled and started laughing with Slappy, causing Slappy to stop and look at Discord as if he were insane. Once Discord stopped he looked at Slappy and said. “This has been fun, however you've already lost.”

Slappy deciding to humor Discord asked. “How so Discord?”

“Your weakness is coming, and soon the pages of your little attack will burn along with you.” Discord chuckled out, and then said. “The Tales of Slappy the sad and forgotten villain who never stood a chance.”

Slappy’s smile was gone, and all that remained was an angry expression. Slappy calmed himself, straightened his suit and smiled at Discord saying “what a lot of talk for a creature that can't make up its mind, are you a deer or a pony maybe a Griffin. So many choices, so little time.” Slappy stood up and clapped while Discord scowled; Slappy then reached up his sleeve pulling his wand out and pushed a button. Discord could only watch as the floor fell, and with a new Slappy mark on Discord’s hip Discord’s magic was blocked.

As Discord fell, and saw his new mark he said. “You may hold all the cards, but even a king can be beaten by a pawn.” Then Discord was gone, trapped in the dungeons.

“I have my pawns, knights, rooks, bishops, and queen ready to win. This is simply the beginning of my grand revenge, first this world and then Doji’s world, and finally my home dimension.” Slappy then began to laugh, while using his wand to make new strings attach to the Mane 6. Once he was done he flashed into the throne room, and began plotting the final attacks on the dragons, griffins and other creatures of Equestria.

Spike and Starlight could only watch as they fell through a purple void, and then out a hole into the barn of Sweet Apple Acres. Spike was the first to recover, Starlight then rose up and as the rip closed they heard Slappy’s laugh.

“Starlight we have to go back, Discord doesn't stand a chance against that chaotic dummy.” Spike blurted out.

“He made his choice; we have to honor his words. He wanted us to find and save Doji, I have no doubt that once he arrives Slappy will have him in chains.” Starlight spoke with a slightly cracked voice, but continued on. “This dummy is my fault, so I'm going to do whatever it takes to fix this mess.”

“Did you bring him here? Did you tell him to take over? Did you just give him your Cutie Mark Removal spell?” Spike asked these questions with a neutral tone and as Starlight began to speak Spike asked. “Did you knowingly bring Slappy to power?”

“Starlight looked at the floor and then spoke in a whisper “No, I didn't. I didn't knowingly bring him into power, I was fooled by him.” Starlight's face regained its brightness, and as she spoke her tone changed to one of hope and determination. “I didn't knowingly give him Equestria, but I will ruin his plans and save Equestria. Together we will find Doji, and then we will go up against Slappy and win.”

“See Starlight, that's why Twilight made you her student. Your magical abilities and determination are traits that can make you as great as StarSwirl The Bearded. Now what do we do now?” Spike asked as he looked around the barn.

“Well first we need to barricade the barn for the night, and prepare for the next day. Tomorrow Doji will arrive, and I suspect he'll come were Slappy came from.” Starlight finished as Spike began pushing hay bales against the door, once the doors and such were closed off Starlight used a barrier spell for added protection.

As Starlight and Spike laid down for the night, screams of ponies of every age ran through the night. While ponies that hadn't been puppeted, were being taken by Puppet Ponies for puppetification. After an hour Starlight could hear Spike snoring, and slowly fell into the grasp of sleep. The last though Starlight had was “Doji”, and then she was asleep with nightmares of her old town. Nightmares of her barren future, and nightmares of Slappy’s takeover. However there was no Luna to cast the nightmares away, there were only nightmares and the thought that Equestria might actually fall.

Slappy watched as ponies of every type was brought to be puppeted, however as Slappy did his 54th batch. He got tired and decided to see his newest toy, and so he began heading to the crystal dungeons, with a smile...

Chapter 8 Epilogue/The Dungeons Glow out now!!!!!!
“All the pieces are in place, all the cards are shown. DOWN WITH THE KING!!!
Coming Soon Act 1 Part 2--Chapter 9!!!!!

Author's Note:

6/23/17-Just some small edits, still working on the second part to act 1.