• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 734 Views, 2 Comments

The Land of Equestria Saga Acts 1-5 - derrick1714



With threats from another world appearing, and Equestria being brought to its knees. Only one man can save it, and in the end friendship is magic. (See Full Description)

  • ...
5
 2
 734

Act 1: Part 1--Chapter 4

Unused Series 2
The Land of Equestria Saga
Act 1 Part 1
Chapter 4
Twilight's Friends Trap

As Twilight and her friends ran after the arrow they saw more screens with Slappy on them, and each time they passed by one Twilight glared at the laughing dummy. Once they got to the kitchen needles popped out of the walls and almost got them, if not for Twilight’s quick thinking and a shield they would have been lifeless now. Once Rarity regained her composer from a brief explosion, and Applejack pulled a stray needle from her Stetson they continued on, when they got to the library Spike noticed an odd smell and saw liquid metal on the floor. Once Twilight got done checking it with a spell she nodded.

“It's mercury, be careful it seeps through the skin and kills you from the inside.” everypony took a big gulp and watched as Twilight pulled the door off its hinges with her magic and made a boat. Once everypony was on Twilight said “Okay now that we're on, we need to get to the other side.” As the makeshift boat floated over the mercury Slappy’s smile slipped, and when they made it out Slappy was ready to vomit, if he could that is.

“Those insufferable ponies can't take a hint, well no matter Twilight will bring with her the key to my victory and the end of Equestria.” Slappy said. Once Slappy was done he started to laugh and decided he would pay his old puppets a visit, so with a giggle Slappy disappeared from Twilight's throne and appeared in front of a weak and fragile Celestia. Celestia looked up weakly and snorted, too which Slappy laughed and said “My my my how the once sophisticated royal has fallen, not even a word just a snort.” Slappy smiled madly and decided he would tell Celestia and company a story.

Celestia through a pained breath said “Why are you doing this Slappy?”

Slappy caught off guard quickly replied “Because it's fun, because I want slaves, because I want revenge.”

“Revenge for what?” Celestia choked.

Slappy’s face contorted into a frown as he said “Revenge for being locked away. You see an old man not wanting to die infused his very soul into a puppet, but instead of being himself he created a whole new mind. I didn't know it yet at the time I was made, however my pitiful life would change forever and change forever it did.”

Celestia coughed out “So that's the dark magic I sensed.”

Slappy then proceeded to laugh and said “You ponies are so gullible. My true origin is a man wrote a story, my story on pieces of paper in a book. That idiot didn't realize it yet, however that would be his greatest mistake. You see one fateful day he opened my book, and the words started running off the pages as ink and started to bunch up and formed me. Once it was done I was real, and together we terrorized the people that bullied him and had fun however he soon grew a conscience and tried to get rid of me. The bonfire was a nice touch though; however my wooden body was reduced to ink instead of ash and then reformed into me. R.L. Stine seeing I was indestructible then realized that maybe my book could stop me so he tried to fool me, however I was a clever dummy and saw his ruse. So when he returned to his office I was waiting, and planned to become a one man show. In hindsight I should have known Stine would have a backup plan, so before I could poison him he opened my book. Slowly my wooden body turned into ink, and was absorbed by the book. When only my head remained something broke in me, I then laughed until the book was slammed shut. I spent several years trapped until one fateful day, the day my book’s lock was broke the day I unleashed Stine’s greatest monsters. In the end however all the monsters including me were beaten by a child, it wasn't until I ended up in Doji’s Universe that I truly began my quest for world domination, however at every turn Opal or Doji would stop me or defeat me and trap me in my book or a new one, however I would always brake out of the accursed books, and now I'm here. He’s there and my book’s over there with them.”

Celestia’s eyes slowly started to close; however she managed to strain enough to say one last word “Book?” before she fell into unconsciousness.

Slappy smiled and flashed back into the cutie map room, just as Twilight Sparkle busted inside with her friends and said “Games over Slappy.”

Slappy smiled and said “All magic comes with a price, and I'm the price today.” Slappy then proceeded to laugh while Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity got in position. Slappy opened his eyes to see a lightning bolt shaped energy ring pass by, Slappy then looked forward to see The Elements of Harmony going to work.

As the ponies rose up from the ground Twilight spoke “You have caused a lot of chaos and to stop you from hurting anyone else and to protect our land, we must use The Elements of Harmony that reside in us to beat you.”

Slappy rose up from his seat laughing and said “The Elements of Harmony have never met a being like me, so your silly powers inside yourselves are of no use.” Before Slappy could continue to speak Twilight's eye's glowed white, and a rainbow flew from the middle of their circle. It then went straight towards Slappy’s wooden feet and slowly curled around him; once Slappy was covered a flash went throughout the castle. Twilight looked up and saw her friends slowly rising from the ground, and as she got up she saw the remote. Twilight carefully got to it and picked it up, and then she felt a tug under her hoof. Twilight carefully raised her hoof and saw a black substance continue its path to where the scorch marks were, everypony watched with fear and amazement as the black liquid started to form a creature.

Slowly the feet were made, and then the legs all the while more liquid climbed up the forming limbs. Next the torso was made along with the arms and wooden hands, everypony fell silent as the last bit of liquid formed the head of the small dummy. Twilight carefully backed up to her friends, and they all screamed when Slappy’s eyes flew open. Slappy looked down at his body, and then at them and smiled.

“So what were the elements supposed to do? Trap me or maybe reform me, oh wait how about destroy me if every other option was a failure.” Slappy said. Twilight then looked down at the remote in her hoof and smashed it, Slappy then watched as the magic left the remote, and went to its proper hosts.

“We may not have dealt with you fully yet, however now you're powerless.” Twilight stated. The other girls giggled at her, while Slappy reached under a table and pushed a button. Before anypony could do anything the floor fell along with Spike, Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight quickly flew into the air, Rainbow then made a dive for their friends however was quickly hit by a falling bag of sand. Fluttershy and Twilight dodged bag after bag, while their friends fell into the dungeons Slappy had prepared. Finally Fluttershy was hit and cried out as she fell into the darkness below, Slappy seeing only Miss Sprinkles left hit another button closing the floor and top hatches.

Slappy laughed and gestured to Twilight's throne; Twilight scanned it with a quick spell and sat down while Slappy sat in the chair across the table from her. Twilight watched the dummy’s eyes and waited for him to speak, and knew that right now Slappy was the one holding the cards. Twilight then decided that she would speak first to ask about her friends, but was caught off guard by a vision. She saw the Canterlot throne room and saw Slappy sitting on a throne made of books, she saw a creature like Slappy only taller and made of flesh talking to him. Twilight slowly began to hear a voice, and realized it was the man's voice. The man bared his vampire fangs and pulled out a book, Twilight read the name inside her mind “The Night of The Living Dummy”.

The man then said “This book is the key to defeating you, and all the chaos you have caused will now be undone.” the book was opened and then the vision ended. Twilight raised her head off the table and saw Slappy looking at her with anger.

“Fall asleep while I'm talking, how rude. I would think the princess would listen since her friends lives are on the line.” Slappy then smiled and pulled a stick out from under the table, Slappy as if reading her mind said “Not a stick dear Sprinkles, it's a wand infused with both science and magic.”

Twilight quickly said “Why a wand?”

Slappy’s smile deepened as he said “Remember Starlight's old village, and her spell?”

Twilight’s eyes widened with realization as she said “The Staff of Sameness”.

Slappy clapped his wooden hands, and said “The spell Starlight made to make that useless stick work was in her diary, and was the second thing I got to read before she snatched it from me.”

Twilight spoke in a calm voice “Slappy you can’t remove our cutie marks, they’re what make us special. They’re what give us strength; they’re what make us who we are.”

Slappy laughed and said “Exactly Sprinkles, so just imagine if I removed all of the ponies in Equestria’s cutie marks. All of Equestria would be bland and weak, and I would be able to take control of everything.”

Twilight seeing her last chance said “Even if you take them, Equestria could still fight back.”

Slappy giggled and said “I've already thought of that Sprinkles, remember how when your cutie mark was taken it was replaced with an equal sign?”

Twilight nodded and said “Yes, Starlight’s spell took the cutie mark and replaced it with an equal sign.”

Slappy interrupted her and said “All I had to do was use my brilliant mind, and I was able to configure it to bestow a different cutie mark.” Slappy raised his wooden arm, and used his other hand to pull his suits sleeve down.

Twilight gasped and said “That mark looks like a cutie mark.”

Slappy giggled and said “Yes it does, however it looks more like my head.” Twilight stared at the head of Slappy on his wrist, its design as well as size and color looked just like a cutie mark. Only its design was a cartoon version of Slappy’s head, with a creepy smile.

Twilight blinked three times then connected the dots, she looked him straight in the eyes and said “The reason I'm here, is because I'm supposed to be your test subject.”

Slappy laughed and said “You're very bright Sprinkles, although you're still slow with figuring my plans out. So anyway let’s see how this works.” Slappy took aim and threw the wand backwards and forwards shooting a beam of green light out of the bulb and straight for Twilight.

Twilight quickly jumped out of the way and said “Okay so you have the cutie mark you’re going to give ponies, however that doesn't explain how you’re supposed to control them unless.” Twilight face hoofed, as she realized Slappy’s plans. “The mark you have is set to where it can control the other marks, and your wand is set to perform the cutie unmarking. However I don't understand one thing.”

Slappy watched as Twilight dodged every strike, and finally answered “The original cutie mark is erased, or covered up. I really only had time to create my devices, and they still needed power after that. Especially my wand here and you should be happy I'm letting you be the first of a new species. I'm going to call them Puppet Ponies, see my mark will cause ponies to be wrapped in ropes and be my complete puppets hence Puppet Ponies. I only have to activate it, however first I have to hit them so stand still.”

Twilight dodged another strike, and put up a shield for a second so she could catch a breath. “So that piece I was missing was with you, and I will admit you are a worthy mind however I won’t allow you to hurt my friends or Equestria.” Twilight made a smaller shield and charged at Slappy, Slappy seeing his moment turned a dial on his wand and shot at Twilight's hooves. Twilight wasn't quick enough and slipped on the ice, and collided with the double doors of the cutie map room.

Slappy giggled at Twilight and said "When I'm through with you your magic will be mine and everything else that makes you Twilight Sparkle Hahahahahahaha".

Twilight thought “He remembered my name.” and then flinched as a bolt of green energy went straight for her. However before she could be hit the doors opened pushing her away, and making the bolt hit the doors instead. Twilight and Slappy looked on as Celestia, Luna and Discord entered the room.

Discord then turned to Twilight and said “Sorry it took so long, I wanted popcorn for this and my chaotic magic is still weak.”

Luna turned to Celestia and said “It's time we finish what the dummy started.”

Slappy yelled “Who you calling dummy! Dummy!”

Celestia stepped forward and said “Your crimes against this land will not go unpunished, now will you go peacefully or will we have to do it by force.”

Slappy smiled and then straightened his suit while saying “This'll be fun.”

Chapter 5 Starlight's Realization out now!!!!!
Also out now Bonus Chapter 1 (Also known as Ch1-4 Uncut Versions)!!!!!!!!!!

Author's Note:

A few questions have been answered, however several still remain. Also both Bonus Chapters are out now, as well as chapters 1-8. Thanks for the views, watches, and likes.