• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 2,473 Views, 37 Comments

Siblings - Undermine



The CMC are kidnapped, and Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash are determined to bring them home.

  • ...
0
 37
 2,473

Chapter 4

Siblings

Chapter 4

Scootaloo sat shivering next to Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom. It had been five hours since their last encounter with the guard. The thought of him returning and the cold air inside the cell forced the three into a huddle. The time inside the cell seemed to pass ever so slowly to them.

The sound of hoofsteps broke the silence. Scootaloo felt as though she had stopped breathing. The hoofsteps got closer until they stopped right in front of the cell. Scootaloo's eyes were closed in fear, but she managed to open them to get a better look at the guard. He was a unicorn with a brown coat and a white mane. There was a faint scar under his left eye that stretched up to his ear. She looked for his cutie mark, but it was covered by the cloak he was wearing. Nevertheless, he looked just as frightening as he sounded.

Scootaloo noticed that he was levitating something in the air. The guard pushed the object through the bars and dropped down three pieces of bread. "Enjoy it while you can," he said in a dark tone, "you won't be having anything else today." The guard chuckled and walked away.

When the guard's hoofsteps faded, Scootaloo broke from the huddle and grabbed a piece of bread. It was extremely stale and smelled like it had been placed in a dishwasher. She took a bite of it and gagged at the taste. However, having heard what the guard said she forced the bread down her throat. The taste was still plastered in her mouth as she sobbed silently.

Suddenly, there were the sound of hoofsteps again. Scootaloo looked up in horror. Did he hear me? she thought. She scampered back to the huddle and closed her eyes again. She did not dare to open them this time. The hoofsteps once again stopped in front of the cell. Scootaloo expected the worst.

A different voice came from the hall. "If it makes you feel any better," it said, "I think that guy is an asshole, too."

Scootaloo quickly opened her eyes and tried to look at the pony who spoke to her, but he was already walking away from them. Something perked up in her mind. In an weird way she felt as though that was the nicest thing anypony has ever said to her. She found hope in this small act of comfort this pony gave her.

She picked up the bread again and nibbled on the edges. It still tasted repulsive, but she managed to choke it down if she didn't eat chunks of it at a time. She looked over at her friends. They had slept through the whole ordeal. I'll make sure to tell them about this new friend. she said to herself.