• Published 13th Nov 2016
  • 1,982 Views, 138 Comments

What's In The Box? - naturalbornderpy



Pinkie Pie sits alone in a room with an unopened box. What's in the box, you ask? Only everything.

  • ...
4
 138
 1,982

Random

RANDOM

Random Pinkie exhaled a sigh of relief as she entered her chapter again, along with the eleven other Pinkies behind her. It took a few slaps to the face, but eventually Thriller Pinkie awoke and made it back to her hooves. Immediately, she scribbled into a notepad.

"For the book series," she clarified.

As happy as the Pinkies all seemed now that the present danger was gone, it was hardly enough. Drama Pinkie—of course—was the one to ruin the momentary joy. “I’m, uh, happy we made it this far, but… what now? The moment we hit three hundred words, we’ll just start the loop anew. Isn’t that how this works?”

Tragedy added her support. “And this time, who’s saying we'll even make it back ? The author might just make each chapter even worse than before!”

The other Pinkies murmured their assent, before Random whistled to gather their attention.

“Listen up! And listen good!” she implored. “We don’t have a lot of words, so I’m not going to talk long. I know that I am Random; that is the chapter heading that I was born from. But in no way does that make any of you less random. We are Pinkie Pie. We are random. Whether sad, dramatic, comedic, or otherwise—we are still random. Meaning that if we work together, we should be able to control this story.”

One of them raised their hoof. “So we won't go into Dark’s chapter next?”

Random shook her head. “No. We'll decide on a new chapter—along with a new genre. One that'll get us out of here."

She held out both forelegs, linking herself to the large circle of identical mares. They began to sing.