• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,410 Views, 43 Comments

Demonic Brother - kurusagi16



After the events of Angelic Vampire, Fluttershy has enjoyed the new and happier life she has with her new friends, and has even begun to explore her feelings toward Discord. But, all of that changes, at the sudden appearance of...her brother?!

  • ...
3
 43
 1,410

Preparations

Preparations



"So, Twily, how have things been in Wisteria?" Shining as casually, as he and the girls sat outside of the Doughnut Shop, enjoying some delectable apple fritters.

"Things have been pretty quiet." she answered. "Alistair's been a big help with my research, so that's coming along nicely."

"What about Rainbow Dash, what's she been up to?"

"Rainbow's dropped by the villa for a while." said Fluttershy. "But recently she headed for a town up in the mountains called Griffonton, said she wanted to meet up with an old friend of hers."

"I hear it's a pretty precarious climb up there, but knowing Rainbow, I'm sure she'll be fine."

"Yes." sighed Fluttershy, a touch of disappointment in her voice. "I was going to ask her to come with us to the ball, it's a shame she won't be able to make it."

"What ball?" asked Shining Armor curiously.

"The Blood Moon ball." clarified Twilight. "On the night of a lunar eclipse, when the moon turns as red as blood, a special celebration is held by Pure Blood vampires in honor of the occasion. Or at least, that's what Alistair told me."

Fluttershy nodded. "Papa always attended the ball, but I never really got to go until now, so this'll be my first time attending it!" she said, her voicing raising slightly with excitement.

"It's normally an event only held by vampires, but Alistair said it was alright for me to come. It'll be the perfect opportunity to collect more data for my notes."

"Are you sure it's safe?" inquired Shining. "I mean, there's nothing dangerous at the ball, right?"

"Yes, it's safe." Twilight said, with a little eye roll. "You don't have to worry."

"But--"

"Um, if I may." piped up Fluttershy. "If anything were to happen at the ball, I can assure you that papa will be right there to make sure Twilight will be safe."

Shining Armor looked at Fluttershy carefully, and then relaxed a bit. "Okay, if you're that sure. Just try to stay on your guard, okay Twily?"

"I will, big brother." Twilight said.

Fluttershy smiled to herself as she watched the two siblings hug each other lovingly. It made her feel a teeny bit envious of them. For a long time now, it'd just been her and her father, but when he had to go away on business, she would be all alone. She never had any siblings like Twilight did, so there was no one for her to talk to and confide in as she waited for her father to return, wishing she could have at least one friend who could fill in the lonely void. Now, Fluttershy had friends, and no longer felt lonely, as she had before. But even so, she couldn't but think to herself, as she looked at Twilight and Shining Armor, 'It must be nice to have such a sweet a big brother.'

Fluttershy's thoughts were quickly interrupted by the sudden appearance of a familiar face from out of nowhere, catching her completely off guard.

"Ah, Fluttershy, it's good to see you on such a fine day." said Discord with a large grin.

Fluttershy couldn't help but smile back at him. "Discord, you made it!" she said.

"But of course, was there any doubt?"

Twilight cleared her throat, prompting his attention. "Ahem! Discord, would you mind getting off the table?" she asked, pointing a hoof at the table top in emphasis.

Discord sighed, and then obliged, sitting down next to Fluttershy in a chair he conjured up. "Nice to see you too, Miss Sparkle." he said. "I hope you weren't having too much fun without me."

"Oh no." said Fluttershy. "We were just catching up with Twilight's older brother, Shining Armor." she pointed a hoof at the stallion in question. "I was hoping that you'd be able to join us soon, that way we could all take a look at the town together!"

"How thoughtful." replied Discord. "After a day of doing nothing but tediously answering questions, heading out on the town with my dear friend is just what I need." He wrapped an arm around Fluttershy, giving her a small, yet tight hug.

Fluttershy giggled. "I'm glad to hear it." she looked over to Twilight and said, "Any idea where we should go next, Twilight?"

"Well, I was thinking we could stop by some of the town's usual hot spots, and then along the way we can stop by some of my own favorite places." she said. Twilight looked to her brother adding, "I hope you don't mind."

Shining shook his head. "Not at all, I'm glad I still got to spend some time with you. Maybe next time, you and your friend could show me around Wisteria."

Twilight smiled at him, and the two said their goodbyes. "It was nice to meet you Discord." he said to Discord. "And I hope you and Twily have fun at the ball."

Those last few words caught Discord's attention. A ball? As Shining Armor trotted off, he gave Fluttershy a questioning look.

She sighed and said. "I was planning to ask you after we finished going through town. But, I might as well ask you now." Fluttershy took a deep breath. "You see, there's a ball coming up on the night of the lunar eclipse, and I was wondering, if you'd like to come with me."

Discord blinked. "You mean...as a date?" he asked.

"If you want to put it that way, then yes." she said.

Immediately, Discord's mind recalled that little dream he had of him and Fluttershy together at a grand ball. His heart began to beat a little faster.

"Umm, so, would you like to go?" asked Fluttershy.

Discord didn't hesitate as he answered, "Of course I would!"

Fluttershy's eyes brightened. "Really?"

He nodded. "I'd be honored to accompany you as your date." He gave a light bow to Fluttershy, making her blush a little and giggle into her hoof.

"If you're done." said Twilight, interrupting his antics. "We should probably get a move on if we're gonna be able to see all the sights before it's time to leave."

Discord was too happy to retort, and instead obliged, as he, Twilight, and Fluttershy left the shop. His mind began to swim with thoughts about being Fluttershy's date, and the two of them together at the ball. And those thoughts would soon become reality in only a few short days.


In the room of an old country motel, Drake was going through his suitcases and trunks, making sure that everything was in order for his departure back to the Old World. For many long years, he had worked hard and carefully planned his revenge against his aunt Eldra, for what she did to him, his mother, and sister. And now, he had gotten it. With his vengeance achieved, there was only one last piece of business that he had to take care of. But first, before he left, he wanted tie up a couple of loose ends. One was properly disposing of Eldra's corpse, which he had done so quite nicely, and the other involved his sister, Fluttershy.

He'd never gotten a chance to properly meet her while she was held captive by Eldra, but hopefully he'd be able to change that. Drake pulled out a piece of paper, which mapped out the location of this year's Blood Moon ball. 'It won't be long now, Fluttershy...'

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Drake lifted his head up, hearing the sound of somepony rapping upon the door. "Come in!" he called.

Into the room, there stepped two figures, one was a small purple and green scaled dragon, and the other was a colt with a dark blue mane and a light blue coat.

"Ah, you've finally arrived." said Drake.

"Master." the two said in unison, bowing toward him in respect.

Drake motioned for them both to rise, and said, "I trust you've read through the instructions I've sent you?"

The dragon nodded. "Yes, master." he said. "We made sure to memorize them on the voyage over."

"Excellent." replied Drake. "You know what you need to do then." He trotted past them for the door. "I'll be out for a while, keep watch over this room until I return, understand?"

The two figures saluted to him. "You can count on us, master." they said.

Drake gave a nod, and left the two of them alone. They waited and listened, until they were sure that he was gone.

"Okay, I think he's gone." said the colt.

"Great, now let's get to work." said the dragon, moving to one of the large trunks, and rearranging its contents around.

"Are you sure we should do this, Spike?" asked the colt. "What if the master finds out? He'll be really upset with us."

"Look, I'm with you." said Spike. "But you know what Batty said, if we do this, then we'll be able to help Master Drake. You want to help him, don't you?"

The colt said nothing for a moment, before nodding in reply. "Yes."

"Then help me out with this, will ya?"

The colt went over to the trunk, and helped Spike in clearing out some room.

"Do you think that'll be enough?" asked the colt.

Spike shrugged. "Hope so. Let's also hope the master doesn't find out about any of this until we get back to the Old World."

The colt gulped. "Do you really think we can pull this off?"

"Hey, I'm sure we can, with you and me working together on this, what could go wrong?" And with those words, he slammed down the lid of the trunk, and he and the colt went over their plan in detail. Agreeing that they'd need to be careful, if they were to ever succeed.

Author's Note:

Please pardon me for writing Rainbow out like this, but I didn't want to force any characters into the story.
I'm also sorry that Drake didn't get too long of a scene, but I wanted to wait a little bit and keep him in a bit of mystery.