• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,410 Views, 43 Comments

Demonic Brother - kurusagi16



After the events of Angelic Vampire, Fluttershy has enjoyed the new and happier life she has with her new friends, and has even begun to explore her feelings toward Discord. But, all of that changes, at the sudden appearance of...her brother?!

  • ...
3
 43
 1,410

Curiosities and Concerns

Curiosities and Concerns



In the back room of her shop, Zecora was busy brewing up a delicious stew within her cauldron, stirring the broth till it was rich and thick. Fluttershy stepped up to Zecora, breathing in the zesty aroma.

"Mmm, it smells good!" she said.

Zecora beamed with pride. "I'm glad to hear it my dear, hopefully its taste shall also bring you good cheer."

"I'm sure it will." Fluttershy said sincerely. "And thank you again for the bed, it's quite cozy."

"Not at all, I'm more than happy to help. Now please, you're my guest, enjoy yourself." replied Zecora.

Fluttershy took a seat at a rickety old table, and decided to try and strike up a conversation with the interesting Zebra. "So, um, you said before that you know Drake?"

Zecora nodded, as she tested the soup to see whether or not it was at the right consistency and ready to be served. "Years ago as a young colt we met, on a day I shan't soon forget. He came on an errand on which he did take, one of my potions quite by mistake."

"Oh my." said Fluttershy. "So that's the mistake you mentioned before. What kind of potion was it?"

"It was in all essence a powerful brew, one that could allow past secrets revealed to you." answered Zecora.

"Past secrets?" she inquired.

Zecora stared at the steam rising from the cauldron, a far off look in her eye. "Many have secrets deep in their past, casting on ponies shadows quite vast. Despite it all he has grown up quite well." She turned to Fluttershy and said, "I'm afraid the rest is for Drake to tell."

"A-alright." said Fluttershy as though she understood, though in truth, she felt even more confused and curious for answers. She wanted to press the question further, but then thought, 'It really isn't any of my business, I suppose.' She also recalled how her own family had their share of secrets, which they tried to keep hidden in fear of what others would think and do. Perhaps Drake had something similar, something he didn't want anyone to find out. With those thoughts in mind, Fluttershy decided to steer the conversation in a different direction. "Um, Zecora, what kind of Pony id Drake like?"

"Ah, I was wondering when you would ask me that question, in which case I'll give you my impression." Zecora trotted over to her cupboard and continued to talk as she pulled out two wooden bowls. "Drake as I've known him has always been lonely and sad, not to mention at times he can get easily mad." she then added as she dished up the wooden bowls with soup, "But all in all he has a good heart deep inside, despite the pain he tries so hard to hide. But what about you dear Fluttershy, what do you think of him when looking him in the eye?"

Fluttershy stared down at her bowl of soup, not sure how to answer exactly. "I...I don't know. He's been nice enough to try and help me out, and he's tried to make me feel more comfortable after what happened, he even saved me from those Timber Wolf monsters that attacked me. But..."

"You still don't trust him yet, filling your heart with regret." finished Zecora.

Fluttershy only nodded, not looking up from her bowl. "I hardly even know him, so I don't really know what to think of him, or if this some kind of trick of his." she sighed. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I can't shake the feeling that Drake is hiding something from me, something important."

"The answers you seek will come in time, but for now I insist that you dine." Zecora motioned for Fluttershy to drink her soup, while she set down a loaf of bread between them.

Fluttershy smiled politely at her and replied, "Thank you, after everything that's happened, I've forgotten how hungry I was." she dipped her spoon in and took a sip. "Mmm! This is delicious!"

Zecroa grinned, and was about to say something, when there was a loud rapping sound coming from a high window near the ceiling. "Now who on earth could that be?" She got up from her seat and trotted beneath the window, pulling a nearby cord that opened up the window. From it, flew a rather large black bat, carrying with him a rather large bag, and a scroll in his claws, flapping with all his might. "Why, if it isn't dear Batty I see."

Batty panted, out of breath as he landed on the floor. He held up the letter to Zecora. "Master sent Batty with a letter." he said. He then fainted from exhaustion.

"Oh my goodness." cried Fluttershy, getting up from her seat. She knelt down by Batty and took him in her arms. "Are you alright?"

After a few minutes, Batty came to, his eyes landed on Fluttershy. "It is very kind of Mistress to be concerned for Batty, but Batty is fine." He jumped out of Fluttershy's arms and went over to the large sack that he'd brought with him. "Master also sent Batty with an apology gift for Mistress. Said that Mistress would love these." Batty undid the sack and revealed what was inside.

Fluttershy gasped. Inside, were plump, ripe, red apples. Her eyes widened with hunger, her throat yearning to get a taste of the sweet juices that filled the fat fruit. So great was her craving, that she completely overlooked the possibility of them being poisoned, and dove right in. She dug her fangs into one apple after the other, draining them to empty husks, and in a matter of seconds, she managed to finish off at least a quarter of the apples. Fluttershy licked her lips.

"Mmm, that hit the spot!" she said.

Batty smiled and bowed to her. "Batty is glad Mistress approves."

"Well now," said Zecora, interrupting the two, having finished reading the letter. "It seems that Drake has me another companion, I should offer my thanks to the young stallion."

"Another companion? What do you mean?" asked Fluttershy.

"Master is punishing Batty for Batty's mistake. Batty is told to work for his punishment with the Zebra Zecora, and Batty is willing to do what Batty can to make up for what Batty did."

Zecora nodded. "I'm sure that there are some tasks in which you can assist, and check on any errands that I might've missed."

"Batty will do his best." said Batty. flew up into the air, and bowed to Fluttershy once more. "Goodnight Mistress, and take care."

"Thank you, I will." replied Fluttershy taking her seat, and watching the little bat fly up to the rafters. Her gaze then drifted over to the window and she thought to herself, 'Papa, Discord, Twilight, I hope you're all doing okay...wherever you are now. I'll be home soon!'


At the docks, the trio had been going around asking several of the dockworkers if they'd seen anypony matching the description of the mysterious. It seemed like it'd be a dead end, when one worker replied, "Oh him, yeah I've seen him."

"Really?" asked Twilight.

The worker nodded. "I saw him board one of the ships about a day or so ago, he had two helpers carrying a mighty large, heavy trunk."

Their eyes widened, as they all came to the same realization at the possibility of Fluttershy being stowed away inside of a large trunk, and that they were probably right in suspecting the mysterious stallion in being Fluttershy's kidnapper.

Discord pushed Twilight aside and looked at the worker with a narrowed gaze, asking gravely, "Where?"

The worker gulped and answered, "Um...I think it was heading for the Old World. But other than that I don't really know anything else."

"Thank you, you've been quite helpful." said Alistair, leading Twilight and Discord away so that they could talk.

"So, the Old World is it? Well, I'll have us there in--" But before Discord could teleport, Twilight froze his paw with her magic.

"Hold on, before we do anything, we need to come up with a plan." she said.

Discord rolled his eyes. "Oh please, with me around a plan is hardly necessary."

Twilight gave him a look. "Really, and how or where you hope to find Fluttershy once you get there?"

"Pfft! As if I need to go into such trivial details." he replied snarkily.

"Enough." said Alistair. "It would be best to come up with a plan and make so travel arrangements. After all, the Old World is quite vast, filled with ancient and strange things that could prove to be very troublesome on our mission."

Discord bit the inside of his cheek, but let out a defeated sigh. "Fine! But let's make it quick, I have a Fluttershy to save after all."

"We know, and we'll do what we can to make sure that she'll return safe and sound." said Alistair.

Discord let out another sigh, looking up at the night sky and thinking to himself before teleporting them away, 'Hold on a little longer Fluttershy, try to wait until I get there.'


In his private chambers, Drake turned toward a long, ancient staff that was propped up against a large oak table. Embedded in the staff, was a large blood-red jewel that seemed to pulse with light, not unlike a beating heart. Drake looked at the jewel coldly, walking toward it with tentative steps. An ominous voice spoke from the jewel.

"So, I see that you've returned." it said.

"Of course, as I've said before I'm a stallion of my word." replied Drake.

"Then I take it you're ready to fulfill your end of our bargain?"

"Not quite yet."

The light from the jewel paused for a moment before the voice started back up again. "You still wish to stall?"

Drake frowned. "I don't have much of a choice, my servants brought my sister here against her will, and until she's returned home, I can't just leave her here to fend for herself. I need more time, to make sure that nothing happens to her here, once she's gone I'll hold up my end and give you what you oh so desire."

The jewel said nothing at first, but then replied, "Very well then, let be known that I'm quite accommodating to the needs of those I do business with. But I warn you now, dear Drake, that if you continue to hold me off like this, I'll have no choice but to take drastic measures."

"I'm well aware, and I assure you that I have no intention of going back. I promised to see our agreement through to the end, and I intend to keep that promise." he said.

"Good, if it's one thing I despise it's traitors who go back on their word. I shall await you a little longer, dear Drake, and I am at the ready to receive my promised compensation."

Drake lowered his head to the jewel. "Understood." And with that, Drake left the private chamber and the jeweled staff alone.

The jewel chuckled to itself maliciously. "The long lost sister has returned, eh? Well now, this should be quite interesting...perhaps she could be quite useful to me, one way or the other."

Author's Note:

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and tell me what you think!