• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 13,730 Views, 210 Comments

There's more than one way to live a Nightmare - Abaddon spice



Just a regular human turned into Nightmare Moon and visiting alternate Equestria. Totally normal.

  • ...
47
 210
 13,730

Chapter 9: Wait...what am I doing again?

So there I was.

Kicking the cobblestones behind Luna.

There was no life around us, me and Forest were lyin low and keepin our traps shut, shit had gone down and we didn't want no trouble.

Well I guess that was mostly me, but you get the picture.

Occasionally, the broad would look back, tryin to make me talk. Forest, ah course was no help whatsoever, flippin out in my noggin, and such. So I had ta improvise, as I continued spouting my answers she eventually gave up.

It was evening now, the street lights came on, a alley cat knocked ov'a a can somewhere, only a thin silence separated us. The streets were dead, no life anywhere, wheth'a that was a blessing or a curse was soon to be decided.

Luna eventually walked me up and thru the castle, takin me up to the kingpin, the high order, the big cheese.

Celestia.

Her boys were shuffling around a bit once they caught sight of me, her main lackey Shiny was standin by her side with a shit-eating grin on his muzzle. Bloody coppers all ov' em! Celly's got the fuzz eating right out of her hoof!

She of course had her arse on her throne and was lookin down at me, her fine hair flowin, magenta eyes glinting like daggers in the torchlight. "Something wrong?" she said in a smooth tone, like some pop would be say'in to his kid before he new somethin was wrong.

I shook my head, best not to piss her off now, so she won't have a reason to be off'in me.

Luna walked up ta me, and smacked me upside the head. "U're Lyin! Spit out the truth!" She snapped.

"I ain't done nothing" I stated again a-matter-of-factly, there'd be no way in Tartarus I'd let her know I was dealin with the Changeling gangs down south.

Loose lips sink ships, mate, and I ain't anywhere near the ocean.

Celly, now more intrigued, wasn't buyin my word. She looked down and examined her golden horseshoed hoof, "I welcomed you Nightie" she said nostalgically, and then turned to face me eye to eye. "I fed you, I gave you a place to stay, you and I were family" she drawled and lifted her hoof and motioned around her, "And this is how you repay me? Lyin ta me." she stated flatly with a sigh.

I was tense. I was only gone a few hours and everything had went to Hell in a hand basket, "I was jus takin a stroll Cel, nothin more and nothing less" I stated again. I wasn't countin on serving time anytime soon, that Luna gal had worked me ov'a enough, I didn't have the energy to deal with sunbutt the mighty.

Cel stared at me awhile, her eyes narrowing to see if I was lyin or not. After a few tense moments she gave a nod. "A'ite Nightie, I'll believe ya." She said finally, but before I could crack a smile she shot back a cold glare. "But, if you be messin with my ponies.." she drawled and slammed her hoof in the ground, leaving a macsive indent with a spiderweb of cracks. "You get the picture" she finished with a toothy grin.

I nodded stiffly, and then two of Celly's eye candy clones got up and ushered me out.


What really happened

Nightmare quietly followed Luna back to the castle, as they walked she tried to ask where she had went. Nightie just shrugged and mumbled off vague replies. After awhile, Luna just rolled her eyes and dropped the subject. Eventually, they made it to the throne room.

Celestia was sitting on her golden throne surrounded by her guards, whom snapped to attention once the pair walked in.

Shining Armor was at Celestia's side as they strode up to the throne, he cast a cold glare Nightmare's way. Luna caught this, with a cold glare sent his way, turned to see her sister's reaction. Her anger morphed into concern as she saw her sister's unfocused eyes.

Slightly more worried now, she walked closer, "Nightmare..." she said worriedly, and tapped her lightly on her shoulder.

Nightmare collapsed onto the floor.

Celestia sprang into action.

Hold up.

"What!


I slammed into soil and looked up, I was in a valley.

'Okay what the hell is going on?'

'No idea, but I suggest we try are best to survive til the end of the chapter'

"Yeah sure, wait what?!"

And then a horde of zombies burst over the hilltops.

*cue action music*

You are trapped and a ravine and Zomb-ponies have appeared from the north, what will you do.

Will you:
Hide
Run
Or try to reason


.....

Nightmare Moon chose run.

As I sprinted in the opposite direction I nearly slammed into a one-eyed skeleton pony. I nearly stopped to apologize, but then his flaming eye focused on me.

"Do you want a bad time~" he drawled and I snapped my head forward.

"NOPE!!" I yelled back and shot off across the valley.

*cue megolvania*


Huge bones slammed into the areas around me, and I saw a portal open in front of me. Before thinking anything of my decision I jumped through.

... and smacked straight into the control panel of a space ship.

Nightmare then took this moment to raise her forehooves to the heavens and cry.

'This is going to be that chapter that has nothing to do with the storyline, isn't it' she thought with tears continuing to stream down her face, and somewhere in the back of her mind she felt mental pat.

'I'm afraid so'

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She cried to the heavens


Somewhere in a galaxy far far away
A certain dark mare looked over to her Sith Lord ally.

"I sense a disturbance in the force" she said worriedly and he nodded in agreement.


As Nightmare finished her hysterics she-

"Hey! I'm not hysterical! Do you know how long it's been since we've updated?! Do you?!"

She turned to look at the-

"Hey!!" *tap tap* "Don't you freaking change the subject, these people want a story and- What's that? Don't you dare-


The Royal hospital was in chaos, doctors swarmed over the unconscious alicorn, some putting IV's in her, other's yelling to their comrades for diagnostics. All the while, the two royal sisters observed with mouths agape.

"Get some mana packs ASAP! We got a got a severe magic depletion over here!" one of the doctors yelled to a scrambling nurse.

And the list didn't just stop there.

"She has infected shrapnel in her foreleg!"

"Her lungs are full of dust!"

"This is one of the worst cases of malnutrition I have ever seen!"

"Why, this is the worse condition of dental hygiene!"

"How long has she been alive!!!"

and so on.

"Why"

Slowly, Celestia turned toward her trembling sibling, and heard her speak again.

"Why didn't she tell us?" Luna said again, her head was whirling with emotion. Anger, for not checking for Nightmare's injuries, Betrayal, for Nightmare never telling her, Frustration at herself for attacking her, Pain, that she was too blind to notice something was wrong with her sister.

Celestia cautiously extended her wing toward her unstable sibling, and rested it on her back. She flinched at the sudden contact, but soon returned to her original position, letting out a deep sigh as Celestia pulled her close.

Celestia shook her head, "It wasn't your fault Luna." she stated, not as a opinion but as a fact, and before Luna could argue she raised a hoof to silence her. "She told no one of her condition, much less even showed it. This morning she was so good that even I believed nothing was wrong with her" she said with a good-natured chuckle to lighten the mood.

It was immediately silenced though, once she looked over to her elder sibling. She seemed so... peaceful, oblivious to the chaos around her, the IV's, the wires, the constant erratic drones of the vital monitors.

Occasionally, Celestia would see a slight twitch of one of her hindlegs, and some movement beneath her eyelids as if she was looking around.

'Now what could you be thinking, dear sister' she wondered.


"Nope! Nope! Bad Xenomorph! AGH!!" Nightmare shouted as she sprinted down the corridors, a Xenomorph hot on her tail.

She then tripped over a fallen table and fanfare began to play.

You've acquired plasma shotgun

Nightmare suddenly found she was holding some sort hybrid between a pump shotgun and a Halo energy rifle, and of course immediately pumped it an blasted the xenomorph to its hive queen in the sky. Slowly, now speckled with the blood of her former foe, a cruel, mad, smile worked its way onto her lips.

And then these words were spoken.

"I wonder how big a kill streak I can get with this thing?"

And whole ship got dead silent.


The operating room had calmed down considerably, after awhile only the occasional rushing in and out of the nurses disturbed it. Luna watched over her sibling, Celestia soon had to return to her duties, and Cadence had stopped by earlier once she heard what had happened.

Suddenly, Luna felt a unearthly chill run down her spine, like some elderlich horror was about to be released, but she shrugged it off.

It was probably one of the sanitation ponies.


DIE! DIE! DIE! Nightmare yelled with an insane grin, as she was mowing down the annoying mushroom people of this pretty gumdrop land.

One of the fleeing mushroom folk tripped and fell, only to be towered over by the huge equine creature. The small being's eyes shrunk in terror once it came eye to eye with the barrel of the creature's weapon.

"This is for every time you said my princess was in another castle, bitch" the creature snarled, and with a pull of the trigger, the mushroom's head exploded.

Coated with blood and finished with burning down the Mushroom Kingdom, Nightmare let out a sigh of contentment.

Today was a good day.


Today was a horrible day.

Day court was stuffed full with pony nobles, begging for Nightmare's head.

"I had to cancel my spa appointment because of that brute!"

"Why is she not behind bars?!"

"I don't care about your petty squabbles, I am a Blueblood. You hear me, A BLUEBLOOD!"

Celestia sighed, and used one of her hooves to rub her temples, one would think the almighty sun goddess would not get migraines.

They thought wrong.

Celestia quietly thanked her mother once one of her soldiers announced court to be finished, once all the nobles had filed out, Celestia slumped down on her throne, and buried her head in her mane, trying to make the memory go away. Quick Quill, one of her best advisors offered her a cup of coffee.

"Busy?" he asked and Celestia just let out a mumbled "mmm,hmm" through her blanket of mane, and quietly accepted her coffee, Hazelnut, her favorite.

Quill nodded, years of being her advisor had trained him for this, and he looked down at his reports, "It looks like you have a bit of free time, would you like to visit your sister?" he asked innocently, and Celestia peeked a bit out of her rainbow mane.

Not having heard on her sibling's condition in awhile, she gave a small nod.

"I'll put that right on your schedule, your majesty"


As the repetitive beep of the heart monitor droned on, the fallen form of Nightmare began to stir. First it was a twitch, then there was a kick.

Slowly, her eyes opened revealing two bloodshot eyes, that quietly began to survey the room, her muzzle restricted due to an oxygen mask, she let out a hoarse growl.

By some falt in the cosmos, a nurse decided to enter that room at that time.

As the nurse stood there frozen in horror, slowly a smile worked its way upon Nightmare's face.

'Perfect'

Author's Note:

I live!!!!!!!