• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 13,716 Views, 210 Comments

There's more than one way to live a Nightmare - Abaddon spice



Just a regular human turned into Nightmare Moon and visiting alternate Equestria. Totally normal.

  • ...
47
 210
 13,716

Chapter 8: What happens after quests

After finally getting out of the headlock, I chatted with Chrysalis for awhile, and as it was starting to get dark out, we said our goodbyes.

"Adios! Chryssie!" I yelled as I left the cave opening.

"See ya, Nightie!" Chrysalis yelled back with a wave.

'For a changeling she wasn't so bad' Forest mused as we continued out into the Badlands.

'Agreed, but for now let's go home.' I thought back tiredly.

I of course invited Chrysalis to join as a special guest at Cadence's future wedding, since she explained to me that her folks were going through a food shortage. I told her on a little "surprise" I was planning for the wedding and of course she wanted to help me as well as get the buffet meal of a lifetime.

Soon, the greatest prank in Equestrian history will be born.

But, that's a story for another chapter.

Nightmare tried to teleport, but due to her fatigue she had missed her mark. Instead of being in her room, she was now on the outskirts of Canterlot.

"Eh, close enough" I mumbled tiredly, but as I walked closer I noticed something.

"Hey, where is everyone?"


Two hours ago

Luna had woken up early from her rest, as she sat up she let out a large yawn. Her rest luckily, had been peaceful, a sweet ambrosia to the stress of her returned elder sister. Not that she disliked her, no, actually when they were younger, Nightmare was her favorite sibling.

From telling her stories, to pointing out constellations, and comforting her in her darkest times, they had grown close. As Nightmare soon became Queen though that all changed. Luna shivered as she remembered those dark times, gone was her proud, jesting sibling, replaced with a cold and heartless monster.

Young and naïve, she still had followed her sister and listened to her as she twisted her mind with dark magic. She manipulated her into immobilizing Celestia's guards, and even used her as a shield in her battle with Celestia.

Luna growled at her ignorance and her corruptive sister. 'Why wasn't she blasting down the demon in which had torn her life apart?'

Cloths.

The word snapped Luna out of her vengeful thoughts.

No, not just random cloths, but washcloths.

She remembered when she had awoken from Nightmare's attack in the throne room, and had expected to see herself in a dungeon, but instead was greeted with the interior of a guest suite. Strangely to her confusion she felt something damp on her head, as she reached her hoof up and grabbed it she pulled it off and saw it was a washcloth.

'But how could this be? If there truly was nothing left of her, why this?' These questions plagued Luna's mind and she furrowed her brows, 'something prevented her from killing us, and I'm going to find out what' she thought determinedly. And with that, she teleported to her elder sister's room.

It was found empty.

Things went downhill from that.

Alarms blared. Citizens were escorted to evacuation shelters. Guard patrols tripled. The City walls were quickly fortified, and the entire city went into high alert.

Luna stood at her sister's side over watching the city during these events with a hardened scowl on her face.

"I guess I was a fool for trusting her Tia" she said dejectedly, with her eyes facing the floor and Celestia rested her wing on her.

"It's alright. But you never know, it could be a misunderstanding" she offered innocently, and Luna looked up at her quizzically. Her second oldest sister detested Nightmare, was she really believing she was innocent?

Celestia sighed at her sister's confusion, "Yes, I know me and Nightmare don't always get along on the right hoof, but I truly think she is different"

Luna turned her head and saw a dark form teleport onto the outskirts of the city.

"I hope your right Tia" she mumbled, and then unsheathed her sword.


"Hello, Anypony? Hello?"

Nothing.

'Something's wrong'

'No dip Sherlock. Where the hell is everypony?!'

"Hello, sister" The words were cold and empty, it was as if they were caught in the middle of a horror movie and the audience was shouting don't turn around.

Nightmare of course ignored them and turned around.

She was met with a deadeyed Luna and a sword to to her throat.

Of course she said the most logical and most carefully picked words.

"Ok, what the hell are you doing?"

Luna tilted her head "uh, what?" She said obviously confused.

Nightmare groaned and directed around her "I go out one time to get some fresh air and this is what I come back to. Seriously!" She snapped and Luna readied her weapons.

"We evacuated everyone so no one would be hurt" she replied confidently but what happened next stunned her.

"I'm to fucking tired for this" Nightmare grumbled and walked past her.

Walked past her.

Walked past her.

Past.

Nightmare Autumn Moon never walked away from a fight.

'Who the Tartarus are you and what have you done to my sister' Luna's brows furrowed, and she teleported herself in Nightmare's way again.

"You will not pass me creature." Luna said steely as she raised her sword and readied her defense.

Nightmare blinked.

'Okay, am I missing something?'

'Don't worry, I'll look at the dialogue above us'

'...'

'So, what is it?'

'Bawhahahahahaha!!!'

'Uh, forest?'

'HAhahaha- Oh my fucking Gods, that is priceless'

'What?!'

'They think you pulled some sort betrayal or something- ahhahahaha!'

I deadpanned as Forest continued laughing like a deranged hyena. Is that really the reason that I'm dealing with this crap? Seriously?

I sighed. Leave to alliance with changelings one time and this happens, me and my family really have to work on our communication skills.

Enough of that though, I have a Luna to deal with.

Luna watched as her sibling stood still for several minutes and tensed when she let out a sigh.

"Do you really want to do this?" My voice was calm, but I channeled all of my "Do you seriously want to mess with me look" into my eyes, and locked onto Luna.

She squirmed under my gaze and her sword wavered, I thought I had won as her eyes started to shift, but then she shook her head and charged at me with a battle cry.

She sprinted at me, sword flailing wildly.

I stood there.

She got closer.

I stood there.

She dove.

I sto- yeah how about no.

Hey I'm crazy, not an idiot.

I dove to the side, sword narrowly grazing my hindquarters.

'Spell for summoning weapons?'

'On it'

I continued weaving and leaping away from Luna's attacks.

'Hurry up!'

'Yeah, yeah calm down. How about this spirit weapon spell?'

As Luna nearly decapitated me, I replied.

'I don't fucking care! Just do it!' I mentally screamed.

My horn glowed and a crescent moon battle axe appeared.

I immediately used it to block Luna's sword arch, and stunned her as well.

"Here we freaking go" I said with a grin.

I parried, blocked, and striked, our weapons clashed in the empty street.

Each strike I put in was countered with one that had full intent to kill, a dance of death some may say.

I truly prefer samba.

I used my battle axe to knock Luna back down the street. Now having some distance,I decided to try to talk her out of it again.

'Yes, because that worked so well last time'

'I'm sweating buckets man, I can't parry her forever'

"Luna, get a hold of yourself! This isn't you!" I yelled and she snorted.

"How would you know imposter" She replied coldly.

I don't know why but for some reason, those words stung a little. I ignored it though and continued on.

"I am Nightmare. What will it take for you to believe me?" I pleaded. This was getting out of hand/hoof, I was on the verge of collapsing, if Luna was going for a combo breaker I was screwed.

She thought for a moment.

"Alright." she conceded, "What's your middle name?" she said with a smug smirk.

'Forest, cheat sheet.'

'Autumn.'

'Thank you'

'Wait a minute. Autumn? That's my middle name, really?'

'Strangely, yes, but don't worry, it looks like even before your banishment you disliked it, so I think you'll be fine'

I sighed and looked at a smug Luna, "You know I dislike my middle name" I grumbled and Luna's smile got smugger.

"But, then how will I know your the real Nightmare, hmm."

I really wanted to smack her, but I seriously was way too tired. Alicorn bodies are supposed to be durable dammit!

'It could be just me, but I think Chrysalis drained us a bit too much'

'Yeah, we'll have to talk about that sometime' I finished up and then took a deep breath.

"My middle name is Autumn"

'God damn Fluttershy would be proud'

Luna squinted and leaned a little. "What was that?" she said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"My middle name is Autumn" I mumbled a little louder.

Hey it wasn't that I was ashamed or anything, my mouth was tired, yeah.

Totally legit reasoning.

Luna's smile faded, "Alright sister, if you truly are peaceful then why did you disappear?" She continued on.

I rolled my eyes "I told you about three times, I went for a walk" I answered semi-truthfully.

'Technically I'm not lying'

'True'

Luna was scrutinizing me.

'She'll see that I'm honest and we'll be off, scot free' I mentally assured myself and Forest.

She slowly opened her mouth.

"Alright sister, but your coming with me"

'Shit'

'Shit'

Author's Note:

Will get to better stuff soon.