• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 13,708 Views, 210 Comments

There's more than one way to live a Nightmare - Abaddon spice



Just a regular human turned into Nightmare Moon and visiting alternate Equestria. Totally normal.

  • ...
47
 210
 13,708

Chapter 3: I'm back in black

Houston, we have confirmed it, Poines. Are. Soft. I mean, I should have guessed that do to fur, but I swear their like life sized plushes! And to that, I wing hugged the sisters a little harder, honestly I ignored their conversation and just immersed myself in the plushness.


Ok, just to be clear that sounded a lot better in my head. (Anyway)

To be honest I think they started to notice it. 'Maybe it was when they both turned really slowly towards you' I heard the strange voice in my head say. 'Ok, firstly, who are you, and secondly WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN I WAS ON THE MOON!' I mentally screamed, only to be answered with nothing. 'Author we're going to have a talk about this' I mentally vowed.


Somewhere, Abaddon was speaking to a pony.

"So you'll do it?"

"Eh, what the heck. The kid's got potential, but remember I don't do this for charity" the strange pony stated evenly.

Abaddon set a single peice of paper on the table and slid it towards her. The pony looked it over, front to back.

"That's it?" She growled, but before the pony could continue, the author decided to add one more thing to sweeten the deal.

"I'll make you your own story"

"Deal" she said with a grin, and extended her molten clawed hand.


I returned my attention back to the sisters. To which, they seemed kind of pale, so it wouldn't be to awkward I greeted them.

Ok. That could have gone better.

I just stared at Luna, luckily she hadn't fainted, and then I looked down at Celly. "Uh, do you know how long she'll be out?" I asked, all I got was an extremely slow "no" headshake. 'You'd think she's seen a ghost' I huffed, and then I picked up my helmet and put it on my head.

As I turned back my vision was filled with blue fur, "You're alive!" she RCVed and then full-alicorn force glomped me.

Nightmare.exe has stopped working, please contact your administrator or restart your computer for more details.

'I have no idea what's going on' was what my brain said, and what I said was more along the lines of "uhhhhh?"

Sadly though, this did nothing to lessen the alicorn bear hug that was crushing my neck. "Luna... air....please" I choked as blackness started covering the sides of my vision, the pressure stopped immediately and I quickly sucked in as much air as I could. All while Luna was spilling out hundreds of apologies, to be honest it was getting annoying.

I put a hoof to her lips, "Luna, stop" I said calmly, and like magic she stopped. 'Stop and ye shall halt thy blabbering, thy sayth the Nightmare' I silently proclaimed with a smile. It fell immediately though, as I saw Luna sitting on the stone floor, sulking with her ears down. By pure instinct, I wrapped my hooves around her and pulled her into a hug. 'Ok, scratch that, sad Woona is a no' I mentally added as I hugged her a bit more.

And then a question popped into my mind. 'Wait, if I control the night, and Celestia rules the day, what the hell does Luna control?' So to answer my curiosity, I glanced at her cutie mark. It was a sleeping moon with grey clouds. 'Ok, best guess is probably dreams' I decided and then turned when I heard Tia groan.


Celestia woke up slowly, trying to shake the grogginess from her body. "Luna, I had the strangest dream" she mumbled as she raised to her hooves.

"About what dear sister?"

Celestia's eyes snapped open. That wasn't Luna's voice. She looked were the voice came from. She saw a very familiar elder sister towering over her, and having her little sister in her crushing grasp.

"Hello, sister" the Nightmare said with a monstrous grin.

"Ni....Ni...Night.....mare" she said as her eyes rolled up into her head and she fell forward into darkness.


I snickered and Luna punched me, "you shouldn't have done that" she scolded, but I still laughed. "I know, but did you see her face" I said as I tried to coverup my snorts, Luna rolled her eyes. "I guess your back" she said with a sigh and I playfully pouted

"Oh, my own sister not wanting me, oh, the inhumanity" I said with a dramatic sigh. Luna's ears shot up, "No I didn't mean that!" She panicked, but I wrapped a wing around her. "I was joking Luna" I said in my demonic Nightmare voice and once she heard what I said she let out a sigh of relief, and then jabbed me in the ribs.

"Don't do that!" She yelled.

"Do what?" I said smugly.

"Your horrifying demon voice, I nearly thought you turned back, again"

I could hear the worry in her voice so I cut the crap.

"Fine, happy?"

"Quite" she replied and then hugged me again, then she slowly turned her head towards me.

"Your, thin." To be truthful I didn't know if it was a statement or a question so I just shrugged and answered.

"I haven't eaten anything in a thousand years Luna, I'm quite sure I'm a bit thin"

Her eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know! Neither did Tia! Please don't hurt her! We didn't mean to-mummph!"

I put my hoof in Luna's mouth.

"Okay, first off I'm not going to hurt any-pony, secondly I forgive both of you" I said a calmly as I could as I removed my hoof from her mouth. As I did this, Luna just looked at me in shock.

When she finally got her voice back, I could see tears welling up in her eyes.

"You....forgive me?" Her voice wavered.

"Yes" I said calmly.

This of course caused her to break down crying in my arms.

'Wow, I guess she's been really beating herself up about sending me to the moon' I thought as I patted her back, and let a mischievous smile grace my lips.

"Come my dear Luna, join me, and together we will rule Equestria" I proclaimed with a savage grin.

"NIGHTMARE!"