• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 2,458 Views, 4 Comments

Weirdmageddon: Equestria - Dodringo64



A mysterious creature arrives in Ponyville with an interesting proposition.

  • ...
4
 4
 2,458

Goodbye Starlight, Hello Cipher!

Present Day...

Dear Princess Celestia,

I thought that Discord was the weirdest thing in Equestria, I was wrong! This creature came through the mirror portal called Bill Cipher. He is dangerous and he murdered Spike right in front of me! He'll keep killing unless I let him take over my mind. Please help, we need you! My friends won't ever forgive me if I give in to him. Come soon.

Your Faithful Student, Twilight Spark▲▲▲




"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, YOU INSOLENT LITTLE PUPPET!"


4 Days Earlier...

Ponyville was normal. There was nothing weird and all of the ponies were going about their day as usual. Derpy was delivering the mail as usual, Dr. Whooves was working on one of his weird machines and Cheerilee was getting ready for another day of teaching the foals. Over in the castle in which Twilight resided as the Princess Of Friendship, Twilight was contemplating what Starlight's next friendship lesson was going to be.

"Wow, so I guess there really isn't anything that I could learn at this point?" Starlight asked Twilight in hopes that she could just be over with her lessons. "I just don't know, I really didn't think it would be over so soon!" Twilight replied.

"It has been over a year now!" Starlight said, jokingly.

"I guess so, but what happens now? Now that I've taught you everything I can, what are you going to do?" Twilight asked her student. Starlight replied with something that Twilight was not expecting.

"Maybe I should go back to my old town? Now that everyone there has forgiven me for what I did, maybe I can make it a much happier place, not so equal?" Starlight told Twilight.

Twilight was shocked. "So that's it? I did all of this for you, took you in as my student and now you're leaving!?"

Starlight looked just as upset as her mentor. "Maybe I can share what I have learned with everyone else there! I'll visit from time to time, please Twilight, I have to do this!"

At first, Twilight was hesitant, but eventually she understood that this was what Starlight wanted and there wasn't really anything she could do to change that. "Is there anything I can say that will make you stay?" Twilight asked Starlight.

"No, Twilight. I wish there was but I need to do this." Twilight had accepted that her student was now done and that she had to leave.


Twilight and her other five friends were now stood with Starlight at the Ponyville Train Station. Rainbow flew up to Starlight and started to shake her from side to side...and then Pinkie joined in too.

"You can't go! You're one of us, you know!" Rainbow pleaded to Starlight. "Yeah, we're a team, you can't go!" Pinkie also pleaded to Starlight.

"I'm not one of you, You are the Elements Of Harmony, and I have no element." Starlight told them. "It's as simple as that."

Rarity just replied with "We'll miss you darling!" and Fluttershy just said "Come back soon!" Twilight, on the other hand, was unable to say anything, she had said everything she needed to back at the castle.

"Please talk to me, Twilight! Of course I was going to leave after my lessons were over, it's not like I was going to be given a seventh Element of Harmony, is it?" Starlight asked her friend, kind of hoping it would happen.

"No, I suppose not. Goodbye, Starlight, you really came around and I'm so happy that you were able to leave your past behind you!" Twilight said, happy that her friend had completed her studies.

"I can't believe it's been over a year since then!" Starlight said, beaming with pride about herself.

"I know, I can't believe she hasn't turned on us and tried to destroy Equestria again!" said Applejack before everypony turned to look at her angrily. "Sorry, was that too much?" Applejack said, nervously. The train was almost upon them.

"Well, it's here. I guess this is goodbye for now." Starlight said, almost crying to her friends. She ran to them to give one last hug before stepping on the train to take her to her town.

"GOODBYE!" shouted all six of her friends as the train began to leave. Starlight shouted one last goodbye from the train before it faded into the distance and the six ponies were left alone.

"Wow, I can't believe it's really over. It's gonna be a lot different with her gone, that's for sure!" Rainbow added. At this point, without warning, Pinkie began to shake and twitch violently, almost like her pinkie sense, only worse. Much worse.

"Pinkie, what's wrong!?" shouted everyone in unison.

"I...don't...know.....it...feels...like...pinkie sense...but...it's...really bad!" Pinkie moaned.

"Well, what do we do?" said Applejack, worryingly. Then, suddenly, the shaking and the twitching stopped just as soon as it had started.

"What just happened, Pinkie?" Twilight asked, cautiously.

"I don't know, I think it was my Pinkie sense. That was really scary! Whatever it was must be really bad." Pinkie sounded worried.

"Come on, let's get back to the castle, we can get something to eat and hopefully rest after all of that." Twilight now sounded calm after saying goodbye to Starlight and everyone seemed to agree that lunch was the best course of action.


Everyone was now calm, having said their goodbyes to Starlight, they were now eating lunch around their table.

"So, when are we gonna see Starlight again, huh!?" said Pinkie.

Twilight responded with "Pinkie, she just left! Let her at least settle in first and give her time!" Pinkie sighed and agreed.

"Well, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to leave, I have a lot of work to do and those dresses won't make themselves" Rarity said as she stood up to leave.

Applejack also stood up. "Yeah, I also have a lot of work to do on the farm, and I can't leave all of my chores to Apple Bloom."

Fluttershy also had to leave to make sure that her animal friends weren't starving since they hadn't eaten in a while and Rainbow had some work to do since she was obviously a Wonderbolt. Pinkie was the only one still sitting.

"Hey Twilight, you wanna come to Sugarcube Corner and bake some cupcakes with me?" Pinkie asked.

"No thanks, I need to go and get Spike. It's a shame he couldn't be there for Starlight. He was busy cleaning the place while we were gone." Pinkie wasn't sure why cleaning was more important than saying goodbye to a friend but she seemed fine with it none the less and they all went to leave the castle. However, without any clear warning, the mirror portal to the other world began to shake and freak out violently. Everyone rushed back in at this point and stared intensely at what was going on.

"Is that something to do with your friends at Canterlot High, Twilight?" asked Rarity.

"I don't think so, they have their own Twilight now and plus, it wouldn't be shaking this much, I don't know what's going on! Everypony, get ready for anything!" Twilight and her friends were prepared for anything, but they weren't prepared for this. What came tumbling through the portal was a creature in yellow, wearing a hat and looking surprisingly dapper. Twilight and her friends were ready to attack this unknown creature.

It said one word..."HELLO!"