• Published 13th Aug 2016
  • 357 Views, 4 Comments

The Survivor in Equestria - Leon Banz



Leon finds himself trapped in the world of Equestria with no way out.

  • ...
 4
 357

"I don't have time to get lost!"

“I’m sorry about how Rainbow Dash treated you. It’s been really peaceful lately and she doesn’t want anything to happen to that peace.” The alicorn told Leon, who had called herself Twilight Sparkle.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ve dealt with people like that before.” He told the only other one around to hear him speak. They had entered the large crystal tree, which Leon had found out was Twilight’s castle. He had also learned that she was the Princess of Friendship, whatever that meant. She led him into a large chamber that had many books stacked on shelves.

“Alright. We can talk in here for now.” Twilight said to him. She looked tired when she turned around to him.

“I’m pretty sure I need to go. You look like you need some sleep.” He said, looking around.

“No, no. I’m fine. I want to know more about you.” She said with a sleepy smile. She layed down on a beanbag.

“I’ll be fine, your majesty. I really do need to get going.” He said without another word. He walked out of the building and ignored all of the ponies that gave him a look. “I swear this is a weird dream.” He said to himself.

“I don’t think this is a dream, dear one.” Okami told him.

“How could it not be?”

“You can feel everything around you, right? It’s real.” She said firmly. Leon shook his head. She was right, he could feel everything down to the last detail. As he walked, he noticed that a trio of fillies was getting into an argument with a silver colored filly, and a pink one that wore a tiara.

“Stop it, Diamond Tiara!” The orange one wings said.

“Oh hush, Scootaloo. You know you’ll never get your cutie mark.” The pink one said. She smiled in a bully-like way. The next moment, the orange one had leapt onto the pink one, tackling her to the ground. Leon stopped to watch the fighting, watching the orange one hit the pink one repeatedly. For a pegasus, she was strong, keeping the unicorn on the ground without having to use her wings. It seemed to go on for a while before the orange pegasus was pulled off of the unicorn by her friends.

“Hey! Let me go!” The orange on yelled at the unicorn and earth pony. They refused to let her go, telling her to calm down as they dragged her away. The silver one was frantically asked if the unicorn was okay.

“I’m fine Silver Spoon. Let’s just go. I need to have a bath after that.” She looked down at herself and groaned. Her pink fur was covered in dirt all over and she walked with her head up, the silver filly following behind.

“What an odd pair.” He said quietly as he continued to walk. He noticed that some of the signs were saying something about a fair. He walked up to one of them and read it.

Ponyville Fair
Come out and join in on the fun this Saturday.
We’ll have food, games, and competitions including archery!

His mind lingered on archery and he tightened the grip on his bow that was still in his hand. He tapped his quiver.

“About seven arrows, dearest.” Okami told him. He nodded and walked toward the area that was depicted on the map. When he found the sign up area for archery and found that he was getting more looks that he had in the main town.

“What does yer kind want around here?” An orange mare asked him. She wore a traditional cowboy hat, and her blonde hair was up in a braid. A trio of apples rested upon her flank.

“I just want to sign up for the archery contest.” He told her. He clipped his bow to his side.

“Alright, but don’t expect to win, we have some o’ the best archers in Ponyville coming out to shoot.” She told him.

“I don’t care. I want to shoot.” He said with determination in his voice.

“Fine, suit yerself. But don’t come crying back when you lose.” She pushed a clipboard toward him and a pen. He picked up the pen and wrote his name down in the correct column. He looked back up to see the pony shaking her head. His eyes narrowed and he grabbed an arrow, nocking it quickly and accurately firing it at another pony. It hit the apple that was between her jaws and sailed into a wall.

“What in the hay are you thinking! You could have hit her with that arrow!” The orange pony yelled at him.

“I know what I’m doing with a bow, so don’t underestimate me in any way.” He walked away knowing many were staring at him. He pulled the apple out of the wall and pulled the arrow out. “Here, my arrows stay clean.” He said, tossing the apple back to an enraged pink pony.

She gave a surprised look as her apple was tossed back at her. She then glared at him as he walked away. Leon couldn’t care less what the others thought of him. He had other priorities.

“So, what’s our next order of business, Okami?” He asked his companion. His eyes flashed a little as a wolf appeared next to him, walking with him. She had taken this form many times before.

“Well, how about we find somewhere to sleep tonight?” She asked, looking up at him. He nodded and started in no particular direction. He had been walking for a while when he came upon a set of abnormal trees, trees that did not seem to be normal. He ignored it for the most part, trekking through fallen limbs and other obstructions. As he listened to the sounds of the creepy forest, he heard a howl in the distance. This told him there were wolves in this forest.

“Seems there are other wolves in this forest.” He said to no one in particular. His head whipped around as he heard the growl of a dog. “What is it that you want?” He asked the wooden-like wolf.

“We want you out of our territory.” He barked.

“This is your territory? Well, I’m sorry about that, but I didn’t realize that.” He said. The wolf tilted his head as Leon responded. “I can understand you, with the help of my friend here.” He turned and started to walk back the way he had come. Okami followed next to him and looked up with a worried expression.

“Where will we sleep?” She asked.

“I saw a tree on top of a hill a little while ago. Maybe we could rest there.” He told her, yawning a little. He walked a little ways before stopping next to an apple tree that had several buckets next to it. A loud crack sounded from somewhere in the maze of apple trees. He could see the same orange mare from earlier bucking the trees to make the apples fall out. Leon looked back to the tree in front of him. He took a step back, got into form and struck it. The apples all fell perfectly into the placed baskets.

“Convenient, huh?” He said aimlessly. He started off again, only to be blocked by the orange mare.

“What’re you thinkin’, buckin’ mah apples?” She demanded. Her eyes were slightly narrowed and she looked angry.

“Just testing a theory.” He said simply.

“Well don’t test yer theories on my farm, or I’ll buck you out of here.” She said, straightening a little.

“Whatever.” He said and walked off, leaving her to glare into his back. He could feel her eyes still on him as he left the maze of trees and reentered readable land. He still had not grown used to the layout of the land, so he had to rely on instinct to tell him where to go. After a while, he found himself to be lost. He searched for a while but to no avail.

“Okay, I’ll admit it, now. We’re lost.” He said to his companion, who looked up with worry.

Author's Note:

Okay, so here's chapter two, and I haven't the slightest clue what to do with the next one. That, and I don't have any time to create a picture for the cover art. If someone could either suggest some ideas, or create a cover for this story, it would be much appreciated. Anywho, until the next chapter, Sayonara!

Comments ( 4 )

normal man

likes to hunt with a bow

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong... speaking as a hunter.

The whole "account with the same name as the main character" will have the vast majority of people going "oh god, horrible self-insert, not touching that crap" without ever even looking at it, by the way, which may be the reason why this story doesn't have a single comment so far despite being almost two weeks old.

7514320 To be honest, it's not that I really like the name, It's just I couldn't come up with much of anything else. I went with it, and it seemed to fit, if I need to edit it, just tell me and I will.

7514326
I'd either change the name of the character or yours, to anything, really. To a lot of people, it's just a "this story will be horrible" warning sign. Often enough, it's true, too. It's nothing personal, just some helpful advice I thought you might appreciate.

Sad this was cancelled

Login or register to comment