• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 294 Views, 2 Comments

Stir Crazy - Fordsie



The streets are flooded. The house is empty and cabin fever is starting to take hold. 48 hours of living hell.

  • ...
 2
 294

Don't make waves

Light. Sunlight. I was awake. Drenched in cold sweat, a torturous nightmare had abused me last night. Memories of pain and fear still fresh in my mind. All the stress and chaos of yesterday had caught up to me in my dreams it would seem. Just a dream though I thought.

I rose to my hooves to gaze out the window. Praying that all the water would be gone and that it would be all over. Nope. Water still flooded the streets, it seemed as if it had gone down a small amount. I might be able to leave the house today. I would have climbed out the window, but there was absolutely nothing to climb on and the fall could seriously hurt me. This house was quite tall and downstairs had a very high ceiling so the top floor was easily 4 meters above the ground.

I didn't want to risk it. I’m desperate, but not that desperate. I chuckled to myself. For some reason the thought of me face planting into the ground was pretty funny. Granted the fall would kill me, but at least it would be a humorous death. Geez, I've been stuck in here way too long.

I threw on my blue jumper and went downstairs. Quickly I got a fire started in the fireplace so I could warm up. One of the only things that brings me delectation right now is the heat radiating from the roaring fireplace.

I stoked the fire with gusto, eagerly awaiting warmth to return to my being and for the sweat to leave. Every now and again I see something move in the corner of my eye. Shadows from the dancing flames, that must be it. The overwhelming thought of being watched made the hairs on the back of my neck raise. I’m not even talking to myself anymore. Whenever I open my mouth to say something, nothing comes out. I feel like something will hear me...

The crackling of the fire and the beat of my heart are the only things I feel comfortable hearing. I’m dead still staring into the fireplace. The flames licked and danced in front of my face, I became mesmerized by the grace of their movements. I suddenly felt calm, at peace. For the shortest of time, i felt safe.

Suddenly, without warning. A book fell from the shelf behind me. I froze with fear, my heart exploding in my chest like dynamite. I felt dizzy and sick with terror. I couldn't even bring myself to turn around and see what happened, a million scenarios flew through my mind at once. What if somepony broke in and was getting ready to stab me in the back of the head. What if the shelf was going to fall down and crush me to death.

Quickly I spun around, nearly falling into the fireplace. Nothing. There was nothing. And that was the scariest part, no books had hit the floor. Every single book was placed neatly on the shelf, dust still sitting on top of most of them. Whatever made that noise. It had moved away.


The sun had fully risen and the house was flooded with beautiful sunlight for the first time in nearly two days. Despite the rain still plummeting down, it was clear that it wasn't going to last. Still deep as ever, the water looked more and more inviting with every passing moment. A nice daytime swim would do a world of good. But, if I opened that door, the entire bottom floor would be flooded in seconds. Ember would slaughter me for destroying all her furniture.

Memories came flooding into my memory of my university days. Swimming in the fountains at midnight with my marefriend at the time, Gembright. So many sleepless nights thanks to her. Shame we couldn't stay together, I know she wanted to as much as I did but I suppose fate had other plans. Maybe one day, we’ll cross paths again. I doubt she’ll hold out for me, I wouldn't want her to anyway. Besides, it's not like I did. I would be lying to myself if I said that Ember hadn't peaked my interest more than once.

She’s single, so who knows. Argh, just thinking about asking her out was making me anxious as all hell. I remember how hard it was asking Gem out. I spent all night up with my gay friend Skysoar. Despite his sexuality (or maybe, because of his sexuality) he was a whiz with the mares. He could read ponies like you wouldn't believe. I credit him for getting the two of us together in the first place. We were already friends so it was just a matter of asking her to dinner, sounds simple but I blushed my brains out. Looking back the next day it occurred to me how much she was blushing through her smile.

Sky was right, she was into me. I was too much of a thick idiot to see it though. Ah, looking back at my past gives me tingles of happiness. I’m a very nostalgic person and reminiscing is one of my favourite pastimes, along with making new memories to reminisce about of course. I wouldn't say I’m super popular in Ponyville, but most of the ponies here seem to know me by name so I guess considering how I've only been here a short amount of time, I guess I’m semi-popular.

All the happiness drained from my soul as I heard a loud creak come from upstairs, followed by some other noises. My face went pale and my guts hit my pelvis. I knew I had to go and see what made that noise but I really really didn't want to. I just stood there, blindly staring at the roof above thinking about what could have made the noise. I slowly started moving forwards, towards the staircase. My legs on autopilot, my mind raced with fear and anxiety. Each step felt like it took an eternity to climb.

Protect me Celestia I thought to myself as I reached the top. To my right was my room, and my study next to that. On the left down a short mezzanine was Ember’s room. Sometimes we would hang out in there and go throw my latest photos on her bed, since it was bigger than mine it made for more space to place photos. Sometimes I would have thoughts about sleeping in there, next to her, feeling her warmth on my body and the beat of her soft heart.

Snap out of it Aperture, you have a job to do. The noise oddly enough, came from her room. I opened the door and stepped inside. The door had remained closed since she left so not only did the cold air bite at my fur, but the familiar smell of her perfume wafted over me, it was like she was right next to me. I took another step further into the room. Both mine and her room were quite generous sizes, even by my upper class Canterlot standards. My eyes scanned the room and saw nothing out of place or unusual.

I glanced over at the wardrobe. Dark thoughts flooded my mind. Something could be hiding in there. Waiting to pounce and end my life. I extended a shaky hoof and grasped the handle with reluctance. Then, with even more reluctance I pulled and the doors swung open to reveal, nothing. Just clothes. I pushed them aside and searched for any unfriendly entities that could be hiding. But, thank the princesses, there was nothing.

I hurried back downstairs and quickly climbed onto the sofa and wrapped myself in a blanket in an attempt to gain even more heat. I felt so much safer snuggled up with this piece of cloth than I did snuggled up without it. Don’t over think it, stupid. You’ll just make yourself feel worse.

Author's Note:

Alright phew. Christmas and New year is over. Happy 2017 everyone!!!

Seriously though, I was so stupidly busy over the break that i actually forgot about this fic :L
Guess I bit off more than i could chew.

Regardless. I have an ending in mind for this fic, so hopefully that means MORE CHAPTERS!!!

I wanna give another massive super big gigantic thank you to Milo_Chalks for his support and inspiration. He's the biggest reason i came back to write more of this. So thank you Milo. So much.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment