• Published 23rd Jun 2012
  • 3,117 Views, 133 Comments

The First Journey: Feelings of Etherealism - Kaille



Just a normal day for Connor, but a single change to the routine throws his world for a loop.

  • ...
2
 133
 3,117

Chapter 1 - Updated 03/18/2013

~Chapter 1: The Obligatory but not so Exciting Introduction~

My eyes opened to that horrible thing known as 'sunlight'.

It was coming in through my bedroom window, at the perfect angle to be right on my face. Why did I set up my room in here? I thought to myself as I groaned, turning over in bed and smothering myself in my pillow. Thats right. This infernal light would have made it hard to see my TV and Computer screens.

I'm a pretty average guy. Five foot six, roughly sixty kilograms (or one hundred and twenty pounds for you Imperials), blonde mohawk with buzz cut on the sides. Just a regular dude. I work as a 3D artist designing characters for video games, primarily Sci-Fi and Post Apocalyptic. Never been much of a daytime-runner, more of a night owl. I take martial arts to stay fairly fit, from Tae Kwon Do to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My trianing has allowed me to completely calm myself, seemingly separating myself from my body, like drifting in some sort of limbo. I only have a small house, with a kitchen, bedroom, den, living room, and one bathroom. Its all I need. My biggest splurges are my electronic systems and my car- a beautiful 69 Dodge Charger, completely restored. I would die a little inside if anything were to happen to him. And lastly, I splurged on a motorcycle; MTT Y2K. it uses a jet engine, topping out at 246 miles per hour. Now SHE, is a beauty. I'm single, because every time I go to ask a girl out, Murphy's Law comes out to bite me in the ass, and she is unavailable for one of many reasons. But, I am content. I got the dream job, dream car, and enough of everything else to live happily.

Oh, and the ponies.

I have been a hardcore fanboy of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic since highschool, and my five best friends as well. We have a little fun, seeing as we realized how me somewhat match the mane 6, by calling each other nicknames after those characters. My country guy friend, well, he's AJ. My friend who is rather, shall we say. . . mildly narcissistic, is Rarity. One of my best lady friends is awesomely crazy, so she's got to be Pinkie pie. The friend who collects classic stuff is the closest to Twilight Sparkle of us. Another friend is fairly laid-back, so we decided he could be Fluttershy.

Me, I'm Rainbow Dash.

And, I have a theme for that. My motorcycle?

It's sky blue, with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark on the rear fender, above the wheel.

My five friends also have their MLP cars to match their characters, but I don't need to go into too much detail about that. You aren't going to be meeting them anytime soon. After graduating from a junior high school through college in Alberta, I moved back home to Nova Scotia. My friends are back up in Alberta still- kinda the only place they have known as home all their lives. But, I missed the ocean, so I came back home. Started a company with a few of my family members and a few acquaintances interested in 3d design. We are a small group, still an indev company, but we do well enough to live happily. We all have joint ownership.

Anyway, enough of that boring life story.

I got out of bed and walked over to my shelf, grabbing a set of clothes, and hopped in the shower. Made some french toast for breakfast, checked my dailies on the internet, and went off to work in my charger. Just an average day for an average dude. I took the same route to work as usual, parked in the same spot, and went to work.

On my lunch, I decided a change of pace would be nice. I left my packed lunch in the work fridge and drove down to my favourite little Indian restaurant down the street. Got my usual butter chicken (which, by the way, isn't even Indian- it's Americanized Indian. But that changes nothing about how good it is!) and got some fish with it. After that wonderful meal, I felt pretty happy. If I was to choose a last meal, it would be here. I payed for my food and got into my car, plugging some bronydub (specifically, Beyond Her Garden, Wooden Toaster, The Living Tombstone Remix) into the stereo and started my way back to work. I stopped for a red light, and while waiting for it to change, my mind wandered. Maybe an MLP easter egg in our next game would be fun. . . I mused. The light turned green, and I started to accelerate. I got into the middle of the intersection-

And a semi ran a red.

Author's Note:

03/18/2013
So, I am starting up on editing all my stories from the beginning on. I am taking down notes as I do this as well, and this should all hopefully kickstart me back into my writing groove by re-familiarizing myself with the story so far.

Nothing MAJOR will change, just minor tweaks, and adding a few elements here and there.