• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,249 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,249

A sunset in tears

Back to Ponyville

I decided to take a fast train to Ponyville, but not before giving Sunset Shimmer a solid disguise. We both didn’t want to expose her after what she has gotten into. A bad fight with three colts who remembered her too well.

After we were back in Ponyville, I managed to make it quick to the castle. When we entered the castle, I was still hugging Sunset Shimmer so tightly, with each time she became happier to meet me.

“Twilight… I need your help.” I yelled. “There’s an injured mare who has been bullied!”

“Oh, thanks goodness! Where were… oh dear!” Twilight sighed as she saw the injured mare.

“The girl was bullied for what she did three years ago… I must say… she really needs our help.” I called with a slight worry.

“Poor you… how could the boys bully Sunset Shimmer so bad?” Twilight whispered. “I knew you can do it, Alex… I knew your heart is great… I just… I saw it when you defeated Midnight Shadow…”

Then we went up to my bedroom, we were placing bandages and trying to heal her bruises. And I did all my best to comfort her. But, she still was really worried.

“Why are you so worried?” I asked her, gently stroking her mane.

“I don’t know… what will the Princess say… I failed her…” she cried.

“Um… what way did you fail her, my dear?”

“Because… I was her student…” Sunset replied. “And… my ambitions took me over and I became… so jealous… and I stole Twilight’s crown one night… I guess nobody will be like you, to forgive me…”

I was slightly worried by what Sunset Shimmer said. I knew Twilight Sparkle knew her very well… Think, Alex, think! Princess Celestia isn’t that cruel to never forgive somepony for what he did!

Castle lounge

I decided to leave Sunset Shimmer for the rest of the day alone, so she can heal faster. I even agreed to let her sleep with me in the same bedroom. I quickly took a parchment and a quill and started writing a letter.

Dear Princess Celestia.

Today was a day not like I had back in my previous life. I actually learned to fly at the first try – despite Rainbow Dash has pushed me from a high cliff, which I was hoping not to happen – and believe me, I was even able to make a powerful Sonic Rainboom after I realized here I found true friends! They not only helped me become more confident, they completely changed my life. And so happened that… I found that a young mare in Appleloosa was bullied by a group of three Earth ponies, for what she did. And it came to my attention that it was Sunset Shimmer, your former student. And this is how I trusted my instincts… I pranked the bullies by muting them. They couldn’t speak. I warned them about reporting to you, which I’m doing right now, in this letter. I hope you might arrive soon to us.

Yours faithfully.
Alex

Then I put out the quill.

“Spike? There’s work to do.” I called.

“A letter? Spike is at your service!” Spike answered. Soon he grabbed my letter and used his magic breath to send the letter.
“All done.” Spike replied. Soon…

POOF.

It was just in less than a second. I saw it was Princess Celestia. I bowed down in respect.

“I read your letter.” She told me. “I already missed you, boy.”

“You really wanted to see me again?” I asked in a slight surprise.

“I really expected you to do this…”

Celestia made a small smile. So did I.

“And you truly changed… Equestria changed you. Now… be so kind and tell me, where Sunset Shimmer is.”

“She is… she’s in my bedroom, healing from her injuries. I can show you.”

After a few minutes of walking, we were near my bedroom.

“Before you enter, Princess…” I told in an assertive voice. “I want to talk with her.”

“Go ahead. I will wait.”

I entered my bedroom. Sunset Shimmer was calmly reading a book called Daring Do and the Ring of Destiny.

“Hello, dear.” I said gently.

“Hi, Alex… is there any problem?” Sunset asked me.

“Excuse me, but… there’s somebody who really wants to talk to you.”

At this moment, I used magic to open the door, revealing Princess Celestia, who waited patiently outside.

Sunset Shimmer began crying again, seeing Princess Celestia with her wings wide spread.

“It’s been a while when we last met.” Celestia said, looking at Sunset.

Sunset Shimmer got up from bed, still crying.

“Please, Princess…” she sobbed. “I’m so sorry for being so greedy and jealous… I should’ve known earlier I was about to fail you… and I will accept any punishment awaiting me…”

To her surprise, Celestia began hugging her, also crying.

“It was my fault, my faithful student…” Celestia said. I was slightly confused with that. “I should’ve known earlier… if not that mirror, you wouldn’t have passed on the wrong path…”

“Y-you forgive me?” Sunset asked in shock. “Like Alex forgave me?”

“Of course I do, Sunset Shimmer. Indeed there was no reason to forgive you, since it wasn’t your fault…”

I could just smile at them both hugging and crying… I sighed in relief and let out another small tear.

“And you, Alex…” Celestia now turned attention to me. “I don’t know yet who these bullies were…”

“Yes, the… boys who bullied her…” I said quickly. “They have gray coats. One of them has stone gray mane and eyes, had boxing gloves for cutie mark. The second has black mane and blue eyes, water droplet for cutie mark. Third has blue eyes and red mane… has a fist as cutie mark. They were really scared to hear I will report them. They must be hiding somewhere in Appleloosa. And all are Earth ponies.”

“Sure will do. Thanks for letting me know. And don’t worry about your prank. This spell only lasts for an hour of sleep. So they will be ready for a serious talk.”

I sighed in relief again.