• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,249 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,249

Darkness comes to life - Part I

The other castle, in Everfree Forest

She took me to a castle where Celestia and Luna once reigned over all the Equestria. It wasn’t a dull place anymore. I remember Mane Six were here to repair most of the damage caused by Nightmare Moon over a thousand years ago.

“Welcome.” The female said. “Let me introduce myself. I am… Moonlight Shadow, I hope you feel good.”

“Y-Yes… Moonlight Shadow!” I said in a bit uncertain tone.

“Oh, feeling fear? No, no, no, my dear. There’s nothing to be scared of. But… yeah, some ponies are afraid of me, living here in a dark place… I used to fight against Discord and Tirek.”

“But… how did you do that?”

“I’m so old now… kinda immortal. I knew almost every cure for every illness that ever caught me.” She said in a calm tone. “And… how old are you?”
“Just 18. In my world, at this age I become an adult.”

“Young… I’ve never seen a younger servant.”

“Servant?”

I was a little scared. There was an Alicorn pony standing in front of us, her eyes glowing strangely green – as did the eyes of Midnight Shadow. Her mane was dirty and untidy, like she didn’t bathe for a lot of time.

“First, I want to ask you something. Would you like to master magic?”

“Y-Yes, I want to, madam.”

“Well.” She gasped. “I think you never had to do with magic, so… first task, you have to learn how to levitate things. Do you see this huge stone?"

“I see.”

“Concentrate… Focus your eyes on the stone… and you will be able to make it hover a little.”

I focused. It wasn’t that easy, but I tried. After a few fails, I managed to make it hover a little above the floor, until it fell with a loud thud.
“Good. I see you’re tired, you have to take a good nap.”

“Certainly.”

Midnight Shadow took me to a guest room with a comfy bed.

Still in the castle, night

Midnight Shadow was reading a book, called The Unsolved Myths and Legends of Equestria. One of the pages said:

Most of the ponies know there are just two real royal sisters, Celestia and Luna. They reigned along with their adoptive niece Princess Cadence, who not so long ago married Shining Armor and took responsibility of the Crystal Empire after King Sombra was finally defeated. Until today, however, there’s a myth telling there was a third sister. Nobody knows where did she vanish. It’s told that somebody used dark magic so powerful to take over her mind and let others totally forget about Princess Sky Tear.

On the other page, it was:

There are six Elements of Harmony, given by a Tree of Harmony, lying deep under the Everfree Forest. The legend says, the bravest pony who will do everything to save the world, can summon an Element of Bravery. It gives powers so huge even the dark force can’t combat against. This legend is also told to be long forgotten centuries ago.

Midnight Shadow laughed.

“Hehehe… Let’s keep everypony think so. Right, my servant?”

The servant nodded in agreement. “You’re always right, mistress.”

A new day, Ponyville

“You think… Alex trusted a liar?” Applejack asked.

Twilight huffed in anger. “Yes… he did so. If so, he can’t be trusted.”

“At least… he did it willingly. If he didn’t…”

“We would try to get him away. But think, Applejack, think!” Rainbow Dash said in a very firm tone. “If we knew about it? She must be the worst of her kind. No surprise he joined her. I wonder… what’s she up to?”

“I guess… she’s waiting for a right moment. She’ll kill him… or what can be worse, send him back to his home world.”

“Then… who will be here to make fun of? Pinkie Pie asked in a bit of surprise.

“Nobody. We can’t make fun of anybody.” Twilight replied. “I’m a Princess of friendship, and I cannot allow that. Maybe he joined a liar, maybe he can’t be trusted anymore. But it does mean we have just to leave him alone.”

“Okay… now to the things. Who was that mare?” Celestia asked.

“Hm… I don’t have any idea, Princess.” Twilight said.

“Me neither. But I know there’s a liar around. We have to see what he… or she… is up to.”

“Don’t worry Princess. We’re the Elements of Harmony. Remember?” Rarity told.

Everfree Forest Castle

“Alex? Wakey-wakey, breakfast is ready.”

I woke up.

“Good morning, mistress.” I said as I got up from bed.

“Good morning to you, my apprentice.” Midnight Shadow replied.

“Good morning, Alex.” The Alicorn told.

“Get back to work, Sky Tear. Apologize me… she finds you rather… gentle. But I can’t allow her any moment of relax.”

“I-I’m…”

“Nothing special, my dear. Just calm down. You don’t have to work all day and night. I know a potion to keep my servant… always on command. So she doesn’t have to sleep.”

I nodded. I felt strange. Midnight Shadow was so nice to me, but why did she use Sky Tear as her servant? And what was strange about the things here?

“I know you feel kinda scared… there’s nothing to worry about. We still have time.”

I went to a table, my breakfast was already done.

“Um… yummy.” I said, nodding. “Humans don’t even dare to eat flowers.”

“I guess… you have a lot of knowledge about your world.” Midnight said.

“Y-Yes, I guess so.”

Canterlot

Celestia turned her look into the royal guards.

“As you think, the newcomer decided to join the forces of a liar. Your duty is to defend the castle in case the liar or any of his servants should come. Shining Armor, thereby I allow you to take him under arrest should he come here. Else, you can’t do anything to him. And remember, I only want any of them alive!”

“Yes, Princess.” Shining Armor replied. He looked very serious. “We’ll try anything to stop him from doing anything bad.”

“Right. When the time will come, we’ll be ready to fight back.”

Everfree Forest Castle

Now it’s been almost three weeks since I’m here. During this time, I learned how to teleportate, levitate objects, and how to brew some potions. I think these were dark magic.

It was another night. After Midnight Shadow left the bedroom, I locked the door with magic and started reading a book.

The hypnosis spell is used mainly to force an individual to make everything what the caster wishes. It’s one of the most forbidden jinxes in all Equestria. Used once by Queen Chrysalis against Shining Armor in order to take over Canterlot, and soon all Equestria. To make this spell last forever, the caster must be of strong will of doing evil, and sucking away all positive energy.

This made me wonder something. If Sky Tear’s eyes are strangely glowing green – she could be under the effects of this spell. But how to reverse it? On the other page, it was written so:

One of the most evil spells is a mind changing jinx. When used properly, the victim will think of anything in a different way. It can be used to change good friends into deadly enemies. Said to be used a long time ago, to make people believe the legends are not true.

It made me think. What are the legends mentioned here? I grabbed another book and read it silently.

Most of the ponies know there are just two real royal sisters, Celestia and Luna. They reigned along with their adoptive sister Princess Cadence, who not so long ago married Shining Armor and took responsibility of the Crystal Empire after King Sombra was finally defeated. Until today, however, there’s a myth telling there was a third sister. Nobody knows where did she vanish. It’s told that somebody used dark magic so powerful to take over her mind and let others totally forget about Princess Sky Tear.

Sky Tear… it sounded to me very familiar. She is Midnight Shadow’s servant, she was hypnotized, she doesn’t even know who she really is… I started to fear that my 'mistress' plots something evil.

Next day, but something strange happened

11am, outside it was dark. Sun didn’t rise, there was just the moon on the sky. Once passing alone through a corridor, I noticed some weird screams. When I opened, I was shocked. But I made a fake smile, seeing Celestia and Luna tied to chains and hanging upside down. Something was sucking away their powers. And without their powers, they could be unable to fulfill their duties, even if they were unchained.