• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 1,249 Views, 8 Comments

The most (un)loved - DarkW0lf5



A teenager seems he's a failure... until he departs for Equestria. His new life begins.

  • ...
13
 8
 1,249

Prologue

My city, as always it’s been looking. Dying. Trains didn’t go through our station for 9 years. And to make things worse, most people… well, nearly all of them… they had happy lives doing what they wanted. What they wished for. Having everything they needed. Wives, husbands, children, friends and companions… everything.

But there was one person in the entire planet who had different. Being a born failure isn’t easy. Especially when it’s being one of that kind. Alone and untrusted. Doing whatever people around me asked to, but not what I wanted. Days and nights passed for me the same. With the same routine. I wake up, go to school… where nobody likes me… go back home, and lay in bed. In total boredom. In other words, I had no will. I was powerless. People always shouted to me in a very, very rude way to me. But when they talked with everyone except me, they acted so normal. And they agreed in just one thing.

They all kept thinking of me so bad. That I’m lazy. But it was all lies. I knew the best what I was and what I would be. Forever. A failure. Whatever I tried to do, I failed. But one day, I came up to an idea to writing poems. Deep in my heart, though, I was aware that these were empty words, as most people commenting them mostly were hiding their bad feelings. I could see it. I just… could. By the way they wrote to me. It all could lead to nothing.

Until one day… one fateful day.

My home, on Friday

The last few days were very rainy. However, this day, my parents were leaving home for a short time. And as always, I was ordered to not go outside and watch some boring movies on TV. Once they left, I went back to my bedroom, closing the doors behind and turned on TV, just to see always the same shit. I let out a big yawn.

“Oh, what’s the point…” I sighed, deciding to browse through satellite channels. Some of them were locked with a code. However, I was aware of how easy codes my mother used. It was 1411, the date she was born. I had to type it every time I turned on a locked channel. Especially channels meant for kids and teens. It hurt me so much that I couldn’t simply watch them like any other people did.

Until I reached channel number 114. This could be my last stand, typing the same unlocking code. The channel bar did not show what was airing right now. But I actually knew what it was and why my parents hated within me – it was My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I was so fond of it since 2012. Every time I watched it, it did bring tears to my eyes. “If I could live there…” I thought. Their colorful and peaceful world did somewhat work on my imagination.

Then there was a time when I started believing there isn’t just this world. And, as usual, people ordered me simply to shut up. Totally. I couldn’t say anything out of my mind around them. This time, I was home alone. I could do nearly anything I pleased, as long it wasn’t anything that would rise suspicions.

Monday

Today, we were heading for the antique shop in Jastrzębie. It was again the same, boring trip there and back again. The only things there I was really interested, were 12-inch LPs. And again this met with instant disapproval.

“These black disks are obsolete. How would you use them, bastard?” My mother asked.

“That’s not the way…” I tried to say.

“This is the way to keep you quiet. So shut up.” I was stopped by her.

I knew how rude she was to me. She didn’t even want to understand my interests. Then I was aware what I had to do. I headed to toilet, thinking of how evil this world is, full of greed and lies.

A few seconds later I went out. Something – however – instantly took my attention.

It was a mirror. And, to my total surprise, looked like the one in a movie I liked. A sticky note told Please do not touch – very fragile! I waited, looking at my own reflection. I realized I still had a pigeon feather in one of my pockets. I took it out and threw it towards the mirror, thinking it will break. Broken things were the most frequent sight with me, but these weren’t accidents, people actually wanted to make things fall from my hands and think I am not good for carrying fragile objects. I threw the feather…

The next thing completely stunned me. The feather actually passed through the mirror! I started heavily breathing. Soon, a letter went out the mirror. I opened the scroll.

If you threw that feather, remember. Come here again tomorrow before midnight. I know you are there, and I know what you want to. I even see you as one of ours.

My heart skipped a beat. They knew I am coming. I started to fear that they hate me as well.