• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 143 Views, 7 Comments

Empty - DawnSkies



When you have to make decisions in your life... The ones you don't want to make, the ones that hurt the most yet you know you need to let go.

  • ...
 7
 143

Feeling empty

You lie with her in bed. Her mane in your face but you don't mind it. You lie with her but awake. You broke up with her again. It hurt but its what you had to do. But this was a week ago. So why are you still around her. Is it because she begged to show you she could change. Or because you're still weak. You lie thinking. Even your back is now to her. The mare you once held. The mare you loved.

"Loved" You thought.

It started to fade now. You know you don't feel the same, even if she changed how could you take her back. You're paranoid, you can't trust her. You want it to work but you know now. You know it can't. There is nothing but a void. A emptiness where she once was in your heart.

Work is soon, so you better get up. You roll over to look at her. She's facing you now awake... When did this happen? Did you wake her? It doesn't matter you both got work so you get up.

You didn't kiss her.

She looks at you hurt.

But you're just empty... You try to then make her feel loved but you can't. You can no longer kiss her how you did. A few years of love and passion. Faded to nothingness. You still love the part of her that stole your heart. But you can't be with her. Not anymore. Only now do you both understand.

It's over.

You both know it has come to the end. You leave with her to go to work. But before you part ways you try to look her in the eyes one more time.

Empty.

The spark that once was gone. The one you loved, the one you planned to spend the rest of your life with. Its all gone.

It needed to be done. Maybe it hurt less this way. But you know one thing for sure. It still hurts no matter how you see it. You feel empty. A void that you thought couldn't get bigger that has grown to fill your heart. Or not fill. Your heart is empty without her. But your head tells you it was the right thing to do.

Your friends stand by you, comfort you. But you have never felt so alone.

Never felt so empty.

"Was it all a waste?" You question. Was your time with her pointless? Something you should forget?

"No" You realize.

You may not be happy. But you can be. You have made so many memories, you can take the good ones and with the bad ones you can build yourself up. Become stronger.

Maybe you can love again.

But for now... You have your friends.

You're left empty, waiting for your heart to move on.

"You'll be okay." You hear as you cry.

"We're always here for you." Your friends tell you.

And they will be, day or night.

You may feel it.

But you are never alone.

Author's Note:

This is a personal story from my experience.

I needed an out and I want to share this. For help? For others to know they wont be alone with pain of being heartbroken?
I don't know. But this is my out, to help be move on. To express myself.


On a lighter note, I am back. Maybe I can finish my other stories I have planned. Who knows...

Comments ( 7 )

This was beautifully written and I can relate to parts of it. I needed a sad read to try and relax and vent a little with my issues through someone else's work so thanks. This helped a lot. And I hope you feel better too.:heart:

7319473 Thanks, and I'm trying to move on. And I hope you feel better as well.

7319483 It's okay, and thanks as well. I really, really hope you feel better.

This was a delight to read! I read this not because I am addicted to the hybrid of romance and sad genres in a story, but also for myself to heal and break away from negative thoughts. We will get through it as long as we stay strong! :heart:

close to what i have felt
but alas im still empty inside
but still a good read

7321526 Wanted to try and get message across that things get better, they are for me slowly but I hope you do to any everyone else can as well

There's a reason you forget your past twinky, because it just doesn't belong in our future...believe me...." Zero to Twilight

Login or register to comment