• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 5,660 Views, 181 Comments

Dragon Cleansing: A Tale of the Dragonborn - duvagr007



The Dragonborn gets Wabajakked to Equestria, only to discover an old foe turning the land's dragon's hostile.

  • ...
26
 181
 5,660

Chapter Four: Are You Serious?

Chapter 4

Twilight trotted into the library, trailing the five mares who were her friends. The princess stood in the center of the room, awaiting her arrival. You waited in the corner, your hand glowing a golden color, then it switched to a fireball, then an orb of frost. Twilight was about to inquire as to what you was doing, but her pink friend beat her to the punch. She appeared directly behind you and questioned you loudly.

"Whatcha' doin Mr. Cat-man!?"

You jumped so high, you almost hit the ceiling, and let out a yelp. You landed back on the floor with a faceplant. Groaning, you slowly picked yourself up off the ground. You stood there, rubbing your nose while Celestia began to speak.

"Well then, shall we get started? There is much to discuss, and little time to discuss it." The mares all sat, and you turned to look at her. "Good. Now, as I told Twilight and our guest, I bring terrible news. Another evil has arisen, and this one is more powerful than anything you have faced before."

"What is it?" Twilight spoke up, she had fear in her eyes, her mentor's words frightening her. But lying beneath that fear was a sense of confidence. She had a look that said she knew something terrible was coming, but she was ready to face it.

"It is a dragon," your ears perked up at this. "It is a dragon the likes of which I have never seen. It is as large as a mountain, and black as the night. Its body is spiked and its head bears a crown of horns. It is rallying the dragons of our world, bringing them together for something. I do not know his purpose, but it can't be good."

"I know this dragon." Everyone in the room turned their eyes to you you, and a few gasped.

"You know it? How could you know a dragon? Is he some enemy of yours?" The princess looked worried. You tried to defuse the situation as quickly as possible.

"Yes, I have fought, and killed, this dragon before. His name is Alduin. in my world he is known as 'The World Eater'." You sighed. This was the second time that demon had been 'killed', and here he was, in a world full of ponies no less. Things around you never seemed to go right.

"You said you have killed it? How could that be possible if it is alive and well? Here, in Equestria?" twilight, ever the sharp mare she was, had quickly caught on to what you had said about killing Alduin. It didn't seem to faze her, the thought of death. Perhaps all of her ours studying had desensitized her? But that was of no consequence. There were more pressing matters at hand.

"I do not know how he is here, but I know one thing for certain." Your eyes shone with hatred and malice. It seemed to be scaring some of the seemingly more docile ponies, such as the white one, and the yellow one. You quickly made a mental note to get their names.

"And what is it that you know?" Celestia raised an eyebrow, and a faint gleam of hope shone in her eyes.

"What I know, your highness, is that this dragon shan't live much longer in this world. What I know, is that this demon shall be dead in three days time. WHAT I KNOW! Is that HE will PAY for all the innocents he has so ruthlessly slaughtered in my world! One death, it seems, was not enough to avenge them, in the eyes of the nine divines." The ponies all stared at you, open mouthed. Even the princess seemed shocked. And why shouldn't they be? You, a stranger to them, just condemed a living creature-dragon or not- to death by your hand. You did not care however, he would pay for the men, women, and children he killed. He would pay for killing Ralof. He would pay for killing... her. You walked towards the door, and opened it. You were about to continue walking out when Twilight's voice called out to you from behind.

"Where are you going?" You turned your head to look at her over your shoulder, a fire in your eyes.

"To kill a dragon."

Author's Note:

So, I finally got this done. To be honest, I didn't have any plans on bringing Alduin into this, and it never even occured to me to do so. But, last chapter in the comments, people made a few remarks about it, and I couldn't resist. So, if you said something about him, then congratulations! You've contributed to the story! Sorry for it being short. It just kind of happened that way. The next chapter will be longer, and contain much travels and laughs. Probably. If not, well... sorry.