• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 5,658 Views, 181 Comments

Dragon Cleansing: A Tale of the Dragonborn - duvagr007



The Dragonborn gets Wabajakked to Equestria, only to discover an old foe turning the land's dragon's hostile.

  • ...
26
 181
 5,658

Chapter Two: Shouting Can Have More Results Than One.

Chapter 2

You walked along with Fluttershy through a small wood, walking toward what you assumed to be the town proper. You only half listened as she told you about the town and her five friends. You managed to catch their names however, there was Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. What strange names these ponies have. I wonder what these other five will be like. Hopefully none of them will be crazy to any degree, I cannot stand crazy anything. The trees around you where thinning out now, and the dirt road changed to one made of cobbled stones. A few houses could be seen in the distance, along with more ponies. You noticed some had wings like Fluttershy, some had horns, but most of them had neither. As you walked along with Fluttershy, all the ponies around stopped and stared at you, most of the time in fear. Good, they have a right to fear me. Although, that might make it a little hard to get help so I can go back home.

"So Mr. J'dagna, which one of my friends do you want to meet first?"

"The one that is capable of returning me home in a timely fashion. I don't want to spend more time here than I have to."

"That would probably be Twilight. She's very smart, so she has probably heard of your home." She took a left turn, bringing you through the heart of town. Once she went past what appeared to be a marketplace, she took another left. After walking a ways, she stopped in front of a large tree and knocked on the door. She lives in a tree? How much weirder could this day get? The knob of the door turned, and it opened revealing something you where all to familiar with.

"DRAGON! Get down Fluttershy!" You rushed past the yellow pegasus, drawing your axes from your belt. You sucked in a deep breath, preparing a shout to kick off the battle that lay ahead of you.

"FUS RO DAH!!!

The small purple dragon gave a shout, and flew backwards into the building, smashing up against a bookshelf. You ran in after him, readying your weapons. He tried to get up from the pile of books that lay on top of him, but you pinned him down with your axes to his throat.

"Any last words dragon?" You snarled in his face, and he recoiled back from you in fear. Suddenly, you felt something grip you, but there was nothing there but a purple glow. You where picked up off of the ground, and you spun in mid-air until you where facing an angry looking purple unicorn. You niticed her horn had the same purple glow around it, and you made the connection. Magic.

"Who are you and why are you attacking Spike!?"

"Who is Spike? I was ridding your home of that foul creature before it had the chance to harm you. Or did you not know dragons were dangerous?" Why this pony was keeping you from killing a dragon was beyond you. You had seen far too many unlucky guards and commoners get carried away in the claws of a dragon before you had the chance to kill it.

"That dragon is Spike! Now why where you about to kill him!?" Wait a minute, the dragon has a name? Does that mean that... oh. She is a very powerful mage indeed.

"My apologies mage, I had no idea the dragon was your pet. Tell me, did you have to kill it's parents before you took the egg? Or was it abandoned?" A look of shock and horror appeared on her face, she looked disgusted at the thought of killing.

"WHAT?! I've never killed a living creature in my entire life! And Spike is not my pet, he's my assistant!" Now it was your turn to be surprised. Her assistant?! What does that even mean?! And how did she manage to get hold of a baby dragon without killing it's parents?

"If you have never killed, then who defends your town from dragons? This town would be easily taken if a dragon attacked, so who do you have to defend it?"

"Dragons never attack pony settlements. They haven't for almost a thousand years. Now I'm going to ask you one more time. Why where you trying to kill Spike!? And for that matter, what are you?"

"I am a Khajiit. I was trying to kill your little dragon because that's my job. I kill dragons before they have a chance to kill me or anyone else around me. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No. I don't have a problem with you doing your job. However, I do have a problem with you trying to kill one of my friends. I'm sure not all of the dragons where you come from are bad. By the way, where are you from?"

"To answer your second question, I am from Skyrim. It is a harsh, cold land plagued with dragons who want nothing more than to kill every living thing they can find. This brings me to your first question. No, not all of the dragons where I am from are bad. There are two that I trust. But these two out of thousands make it more likely that any dragon I see is out for murder, and I'm not one to take chances. Now, if you wouldn't mind mage, I would appreciate it if you put me down."

"Fine. I suppose I can trust you for now. I'm Twilight Sparkle by the way. Nice to meet-er... what's your name?"

"I am J'dagna. I have heard of you Twilight, from your friend Fluttershy."

"Fluttershy? Is she here with you?"

"I'm here," the shy pegasus poked her head out of the bush next to the door. She had hid when you shouted. "Um, Mr. J'dagna, what was that shouting thing that you did? I mean, if you don't mind my asking."

"I really can't explain it. Other than that it's a special power of mine. I speak certain words in the dragon language, and it makes specific things happen, depending on what I say." You blinked. "Huh, I guess I can explain it." Twilight looked over at you, a puzzled look on her face. The dragon, Spike, had recovered and was getting up from the pile of books he was in. He gave you a fearful look, and then ran upstairs. Twilight walked over to you, and looked up into your face, studying you.

"If you don't mind, could you show me this 'shouting' thing that you do. I would like to record what you say, and what happens."

"Perhaps we should go outside. Some of them can be a little... destructive. And then there is this one that... well, you'll see I suppose." You and the two ponies walked outside, Twilight was floating a quill and parchment along with her, so she could jot down notes. You looked around at your surroundings for a moment. It was cloudy, so that was good, and there was a pile of wood nearby, now you had targets. You walked over to the pile, and picked up a piece of wood. You walked back to the two ponies, set the wood down, and put your back to them.

"This is the one I used on your dragon friend." You inhaled sharply, preparing to let loose your voice.

"FUS RO DAH!!!!" The log was sent flying back, and back, and back, and back until it was out of sight.

"Fus ro dah, pushes things... hard." Twilight scribled down on her parchment for a moment, then looked back up to you expectantly. You went and grabbed another log, repeating the process.

"YOL TOOR SHUL!!!! This time, instead of flying backwards, the log burst into flame. In mere seconds, it was reduced to ash. You heard Twilight scribble onto her parchment again, as you went to grab another log.

"FO KRAH DIIN!!!!" The log was instantly covered with frost crystals. You had to use your axes to break the ice that had formed around the base.

"So that one freezes things."

"No, it doesn't," you corrected her. "It makes it cold, covers things with frost. But it does not freeze. This one, freezes." You went and grabbed another log from the pile, repeating the process once more.

"IISS SLEN NUS!!!!" The log froze solid, a thick layer of ice locking it solidly to the ground. You where glad it was the last shout you needed to have a target to use on. Well, a target that wasn't alive anyway.

"Wow, that was impressive. Is that all of them?"

"No, I know many more. You see how the sky is cloudy?"

"Yes."

"Watch." You turned your head skyward, preparing one of your favorite shouts.

"LOK VAH KOOR!!!!" After a moment, all the clouds in the sky parted, leaving the sunshine pouring through. As it turned out however, messing with the weather wasn't the best idea.

"HEY!" You turned, just in time to see a cyan and rainbow colored streak slam into you, pushing you to the ground. At that point, your combat instincts took over, and you turned the fall into a roll. You came up back on your feet, a cyan pegasus with a rainbow colored mane was staring daggers right at you. She yelled a battle cry and charged, you sidestepped, slamming your fist into her ribs as she passed you. She crashed to the ground, clutching the spot you had just hit. You stepped over to her, and got down on one knee.

"Don't attack something you aren't sure you can defeat."

"You don't look so tough you cat faced weirdo!" You stood, and kicked her. She caught air for a moment, turning over mid flight, and landed hard in the dirt a few feet away. You walked over to her again, and once more got down on one knee.

"Never underestimate your opponent either. You gloat a lot for someone who can't back it up with action. If you were from, where I was from, you'd be dead." You offered her a hand to help her up. She took it, and stood shakily, still holding her ribs. Twilight galloped over, and went to the aid of the rainbow haired one.

"Rainbow, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." You gave a smile. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she sure could take a hit. Something as small as her should have a few broken ribs from the beating you just gave her. Twilight turned back to you, a scowl on her face before returning to it's usual scholar neutrality.

"Shall we continue?"

"Of course." All the ponies present went and stood behind you, awaiting your next shout. You pondered for a moment, wondering which one to use next. Suddenly, an idea came into your head, and a mischievous grin crept across your face. You inhaled, and shouted.

"FEIM ZII GRON!!!!"

Instantly you vanished, gasps could be heard from behind you, accompanied by a scribbling sound as Twilight took down her notes. You quickly moved behind the mares, never one to pass up the opportunity for a good laugh. You grabbed Twilight, making her jump. You rolled onto your back and laughed as you came back into view. Rainbow, after realizing what just happened, joined in on your laughter. Then, a voice that was unfamiliar to you spoke from within your quiver.

"Haha! That was funny Mr. cat-man. You sure do know how to play pranks! Plus, that shouting thing you did was REALLY COOL! You were all like 'fiem zii gron!' and then you were all like 'boo!' and you scared the living cupcakes out of Twilight! HEY! You know what!? We should throw you a party because your new to Ponyville! We could have cake and ice-cream! OH MY GOSH! We could have an ice-cream cake! Those are so good! Well, nopony has ever actually made one because I just came up with it, but I mean COME ON! It's ice-cream cake, how not cool could it possibly not be!? I'll get started on it right now!"

You had taken off your quiver during this whole ordeal, and simply stared at the pink pony head sticking out of your arrows as it spoke. After it had gone, you turned and gave the three behind you an inquisitive stare.

"That's-" The head popped back out of your quiver, and began to speak again.

"Oh and by the way I'm Pinkie Pie! Who are you?"

"Uh..."

"Never mind I'll get your name later, I've got an ice-cream cake to bake!" You turned back to Twilight, who simply shrugged.

"I learned a long time ago not to question what she does. She defies the laws of physics all the time." You simply nodded, things like this weren't uncommon, but you had never had a pink horse come out of your quiver before. Come to think of it, you had never had anything but arrows come out of your quiver before. You could already tell that your time here was going to be even more interesting than you had previously given it credit for.

_____

A/N: Now, I know that it's short, but I don't really like writing long chapters. I also know that it probably isn't all that good, so if you actually like it I-

"Are you kidding!? Your writing is awesome! I really like how you made Mr. Cat-man fun, but he can change to be dangerous at the same time! Hey, you want some ice-cream cake!"

Pinkie? How in the... you know what? Never mind. Sure, I'll take a piece of ice-cream cake.

"GREAT! Here ya go! Hey, readers, give our author here three cheers for being such a swell guy! HIP-HIP HOORAY!!! HIP-HIP HOORAY!!! HIP-HIP, FUSRAY!!! Heehee. Well, see you later!"

Um... okay. Well, see you guys in the next chapter. And-

"Oh, and one more thing, KHAJIIT RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, they do. Hey, you wanna come on through and play some Skyrim?

"Sure!"

Well then, catch you readers later! I'm going play Skyrim with Pinkie. Wha? No Pinkie, they don't have cupcakes on Skyrim. They have sweet rolls though...