• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 596 Views, 0 Comments

The Returning Nightmare - Lord Dico



A great darkness has returned to Equestria...Just after a family member's tragic death.

  • ...
 0
 596

Long Time, No See

As Twilight caught up with Hydra, just barely out of sight of him, she could hear the arguemet that was going on. She had followed them to the eastern part of town, and hid behind an allyway.

"Bishop, of all the things you've done to shame yourself, this is the worst," Hydra said, saving his strength, "You KNOW you're not supose to be using military skills on ponies of a lower class than you."

"I...I got carried away, sir," Bishop said, in a low tone, with an expression saying he doesn't mean it.

"Don't give me that. If I didn't step in earlier when you were charging at that young one, you would have made yourself MORE of a criminal than you already are, when that race happened."

Bishop had stopped walking. His eyes were shadowed by his hat, but then stomped his hoof down in frustration.

"I wans't born to be PERFECT, you know!"

Hydra had stopped in his tracks at what he heard, as Bishop continued.

"Would it have made you feel better, if Mom DIDN'T save me!"

"That's enough, Bishop," Hydra said, holding back his anger.

"I bet you would have been just dandy without-"

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!"

That yell had Hydra in another coughing fit. As he was finished, Hydra glared at his son, and stood straight up. Bishop lowered his eyes in shame, as Hydra gave a scowl.

"I told you to NEVER use that in your defense again. Now, I want you to head back to the house now, while I have to go clear your name with the trouble you caused. And until further notice, I don't want you causing anymore trouble than you already have. Meaning, the next time you DO, then you're done. Do you understand?"

"...Yes, sir," Bishop said, barely a whisper.

"Good. Now go."

With that, Bishop walked off away to the house, leaving Hydra behind. As Twilight continued watching from behind the scenery, she couldn't help but find their backstory curious. However, Twilight's train of thought was interrupted by a sudden call.

"I know you've been following us, Twilight," Hydra said, "there's no need to be hiding now."

Twilight's face was in shock, as she let out an 'eep', when she heard Hydra her out. She then slowly appeared out of her hiding spot, trying her best to not look embarrassed. Hydra then turned to her, and walked over.

"H...how did you know?" she asked, a bit nervous.

"I sensed your presence," Hydra said, lifting his hood and hat, "Besides, I couldn't forget someone like you, now would I?"

Twilight had gasped silently at his face. Then it hit her, like a ton of bricks. Her expression then softened up a bit, as she gave a small smile. Hydra then brought a hoof up to Twilight's face, with a small glint shining in his eye.

"Twilight…" Hydra sighed softly. "You've grown."

"You haven't changed at all, Uncle Hydra," Twilight stated. Hydra smiled, though it was a small, tired one.

"So...if that stallion really was your son, then-"

"Yes," Hydra said, his smile fading, cutting her off, "he's also your cousin."

Twilight looked at her uncle with a slight pained expression. Hydra noticed this, and turned slightly away.

"I'm sorry about what happened to your friend. I should have stopped him before that race started."

"Is Bishop always like that, or is this the first time this has happened?" Hydra sighed and did not meet her eyes.

"No…He only started being like this, when Bea..." Hydra closed his eyes. Just the mere sound of his love's name was painful enough.

It was difficult for Hydra to forget. To forget how Beatrix had fought valiantly, the way she had fallen, blood staining her beautiful face. But what he was never going to forget, was her smile. The dazzling smile, that showed her family the light and hope for the future, taken away from her loved ones.

Twilight just blinked at Hydra, shocked at his words, even before he could finish. She knew that pain, since Beatrix was one of her closest aunts. When she heard about her death, on the day she became the princess' student, she was completely heartbroken.

"Oh...that's right," Twilight softly sympathized. She turned to leave, but stopped. "…I'm sorry for bring that back to mind."

"It's in the past now," Hydra said, holding back tears, "Time and fate have shown itself, so there's nothing we can do."

Twilight then turned back to her uncle, and she could tell that he was now on the brink of crying, but he didn't. Hydra saw her niece look at him with a worried look, and started to walk away.

"Walk with me," he said, with Twilight following.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As Rainbow Dash was in the hospital check-up room, her friends were worried tirelessly in the waiting room. It had been a few hours since the race, and now their loyal companion has been injured. Tests were being checked on Rainbow, and they were all impatient to what the outcome would be. One thing was for certain, however, none of them would look at Bishop the same way again, or even forgive him after what he's done. After a long time, Doctor Hooves came to the four ponies, in a surgeon's coat, with a tired look.

"Well, we're done for now," he said, "you can at least talk with her, but you must make it quick."

"Thank you, Doctor," Rarity said.

"I'm going to be expecting Miss Dash's parents coming, but I'll be incredibly busy by that time. Could one of you possibly tell them her condition?"

"I will," Fluttershy said, stepping forward, "I've known Rainbow Dash since childhood."

"Very well," Doctor Hooves sighed, "the rest of you can go see Miss Dash now."

As Rarity and the others went, Fluttershy was a bit nervous about hearing Rainbow's condition alone.

"Is she going to be okay?" she asked.

"Well," he started off, then hesitating, "...it's very hard for me to explain this."

That alone had Fluttershy's pupils shrink in fear.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The hospital room she was the same as last time she was checked in. Rainbow Dash lied on her bed, not bothing to sit up and see her friends, since it was recommended for her to keep her back straight. Thoughts swirled in her head like a whirlpool, expecting the worst to the point where she was getting a massive headache. However, Rainbow willed herself to believe she'll be fine. It wasn't working very well, with that sharp pain in her back reminding her of it.

When all the other ponies were let inside, they rushed to her bedside, worry etched over each of their faces. However, Pinkie Pie was trying to act normally, but even her hyper tweets (findanotherwordplz) couldn't hide her guilt. Rainbow Dash at least attempted a smile, even if it was a small one.

"Hey guys," Rainbow Dash whispered weakly, though not from fatigue.

"How are you feeling?" Rarity asked, "Does it still hurt?"

"A little," Rainbow lied, "I'm sure I'll be back to shape in no time."

"Well, that's good," Applejack said, "With some kick like that, it probably would have busted your back in four."

"You could tell how STRONG that kick was from where you were?" Rainbow asked in disbelief.

"There's a lot you don't know about me and leg strength."

"Dang…" Rainbow started to mutter, as the door opened, to reveal Fluttershy and Doctor Hooves coming in.

"Miss Dash," the good doctor started, "I'm afraid we're going to have to cut this visit short. It's recommended that you get some rest now."

"Alright," Rainbow Dash said, calmly, "How long will I need it?"

"Well, it might take some time, but I'm afraid I don't know how long it'll be."

Rainbow Dash grew worried, but slightly noticed Fluttershy with wide eyes, and was sniffling a bit. This made Rainbow even MORE worried, thinking that the doctor told Fluttershy what her condition was. She tried to hide her worrying by turning towards the doctor with a strong face.

"Now then, I'm going to have to ask you four to leave now."

Just as they were all about to leave, Rarity had left a few Danger Doo books for Rainbow to read, just in case she wants to cure her boredom. However, Rainbow was too exhausted to bother with it, as she fell asleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As they reached the lobby, they all looked cautious about what will happen to Rainbow Dash. Suddenly, a blue blurr came flying in at high speed, towards the front desk. When it came to a stop, it revealed to be a middle-aged pegasus. It was Rainbow Dash's mother, and coming in normally, was her father.

"Where is she?" she exclaimed, "I demand to see my daughter!"

"Ma'am," the nurse at the front desk said in a softer voice, "You need to keep it down. This is a hospital after all."

"That doesn't matter!" she exclaimed louder.

"Now now, Claira dear," Rainbow's father said, trying to calm his wife down, "Let's not get kicked out again like last time."

Fluttershy saw the scene, and started to grow very nervous. She forgot how sensitive Rainbow Dash's mother was. But she didn't have a choice. She needed to tell them Rainbow's condition. As she walked over to them, very cautiously, she tapped Rainbow's father on the shoulder, getting his attention.

"Fluttershy," he said, facing her completely, "I'm guessing you've probably-"

"Tell me!" Rainbow's mother said, cutting her husband off, shaking Fluttershy, "How is she? Is she still alive?"

Fluttershy's tongue began to swell with nervousness, as she kept staring into their eyes. She had to get it over with. The others looked over, and were very cautious about what she was going to say. Fluttershy's the only one who actually knows Rainbow Dash's condition. When it looked like Fluttershy was done, they saw Rainbow's mother sobbing her eyes out, and rush out the door. Her father, however, looked like he was about to break down, but didn't. He simply walked out, with his hat shadowing his face. The others looked at Fluttershy, who was also almost about to break down, and grew very cautious.

"Fluttershy," Applejack said, "What exactly did they tell you, about Rainbow's condition?"

When Fluttershy heard the question, she looked at her friends, and the tears started to build up heavily in her eyes. Just as she was about to crack, she ran out of the hosptial, leaving her friends behind. She just couldn't bare to say the words she said again.

Her friends were now deeply in fear of Rainbow's condition.