• Published 26th May 2016
  • 1,530 Views, 3 Comments

The Hunter - PandaVoltz



I almost got a deer, only to be sucked into an alternate dimension during a full scale battle. It was a nice deer too.

  • ...
9
 3
 1,530

BOSS 2- THINGY 1- Bubbles, Seriously?

After being so graciously pushed through an inter-dimensional portal by God-Not-God, I found my self falling from several feet in the air towards an open field. The moment I hit the ground everything burst into pain, my breath was lost, and I could barely breathe. Plus to make matters worse my bow came down like a hammer onto my stomach, I bet the voice was laughing up a storm at my misfortune.

Once the pain subsided, and I could breathe again I slowly stood up using my bow as a makeshift crutch, what I was both hilarious and terrifying. The funny thing was that there were five women and what looked like a five year olds art project gone wrong all trapped in bubbles. The other thing, the one that terrified me was the giant ass centaur looking thing, that I’m guessing was Tirek, in the back round having a fight with a flying woman that looked like an ant compared to Tirek. The other thing that scared me, and also left me thinking this was bullshit, was that Tirek, along with his massive size, also had the power to shoot fucking laser beams from his horns.

“That’s so not fucking fare, at all. I mean what the hell am I supposed to do, poke at him with magic arrows until he gets annoyed and leaves? The hell, I didn’t sign up for this shit!” I yelled in frustration. By now I was right next to the bubble trapped people that were trying to get my attention, but I just ignored them by walking past them and making my way to the flying girl that looked like she was resting next to a nearby boulder. This girl looked like Marionette but with lavender skin, multi tone purple hair and tail, with both wings and a horn.

When I got close enough she turned and got into a fighting stance, but I just walked past her a few steps and stopped when I saw Tirek lumbering over towards us in the distance. I spoke to girl without facing her with a very irritated and annoyed tone, “I don’t care who you are, but just know I’m here to clean up this mess against both my better judgement and will but it’s my only way home so get ready to fight again cause I’m about to do something extremely stupid.” I say as I draw back my bow and take aim at the behemoth in front of me, whilst praying for it to end this quickly without me being vaporized.

I let the arrow fly as soon as I saw Tireks bullshit laser ball powering up. Tirek stared at the arrow as it became encased in a ghost white energy, when the arrow hit I wasn’t expecting it to do much but when it did an explosion erupted from the point of impact, though it was a different kind of explosion. Instead of a blinding flash it was just the shock wave and noise that sounded like the sound barrier was broken, that’s when it hit me. This arrow wasn’t explosive, it was pure force, and was enough to send Tirek flying a few hundred feet. I just stood there in awe with the woman next to me gaping at what had just happened, and for a moment I thought I was done, but life has a way of saying fuck you every time you think you succeeded. This time it was in the form of a very pissed off looking Tirek launching himself at me and the girl with his fist outstretched and directed at me. I only had time to say one thing before being hit with the equivalent of a brick house, and that was, “Bullshit.”

You know those moments when you think you should have died but didn’t some how? Yea, that’s what just happened to me, you would thing that getting punched in the face by a fist the size of a house would kill you, bit apparently not. Don’t think I wasn’t happy, because I was, the only thing hindering me from cheering was the massive amount of pain I was in. Small problems in dire situations, they suck. The last thing I remember before blacking out was the purple girl picking me up.

When I cracked open my eyes I was meet with a sky colored a sickly mixture of black and blood red, but my vision was soon blocked by a wall of purple. I thought I heard a voice but it was muffled enough to not allow me to know what was being said, though I’m pretty sure it was coming from the wall of purple. After a few minutes my eyes refocused and the wall of purple became the girl that picked me up before I blacked out, her face wore a scared, concerned expression.

I slowly got up and looked around only to find that the entire field was decimated, it looked like a sponge with the amount of craters that riddled the landscape. Then I heard the voice of the girl behind me, but this time I could understand what was being said. “Are you OK, actually how are even alive? No one should have been able to survive that!” she said in disbelief, though the next thing I did was take off my mask, earning a gasp from the girl who muttered, “What are you?”

That actually made me laugh until I started to cough harshly, it felt like someone put razors down my throat and made me hack them up. When the coughing fit subsided I turned back to the girl with a smile and got up before saying, “I’m a human that wants punch that Tirek guy in his fucking face, and please don’t tell me your name, after we beat this guy I’m hopefully going to get that God-Not-God guy to send me home. Now get up, its time to kick some ass.”

I reached out my hand to help her up, and to see if she would trust me. At first she looked hesitant, looking between my hand and my face, but after a few seconds she grabbed my hand, and with a determined look said, “Lets do this.” I nodded and put my mask back on, at this point I only wore it because it was one of the only things left that reminded me of home. That and it was a gift from my grandfather on my first day of hunting.

-Flashback-

It was three in the morning when Papa came down the stairs fully dressed in camouflage, same as me, though this time he had an extra piece of clothing in his hands. “Corbin, I wanted to thank you for going hunting with me today, it makes me proud to know that you’d be willing to do this just to make an old man like me happy.” I was only twelve back then so what he was saying confused me, but I heard the pride in his voice, as well as the sorrow when he handed me the mask. “I won’t be able to do this forever so I wanted to give you this mask. It was given to me by my father, and to him by his, and so on and so forth. By giving you this you both are making me proud beyond anything, and by accepting it you are making a promise to keep the tradition of hunting alive within you until you pass it down to your son or grandson, do you understand?” Papa asked, the only answer I had was taking the mask and slipping it on. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him smile wider.

-Flashback End-

When the memory ended I noticed that the girl and I, plus the five from the bubbles, were back on the battlefield, and in front of us was Tirek who was laughing, he was really starting to piss me off. The girl turned to me and said, “Do you remember the plan?” I looked at her in confusion, “What plan?”

The girl sighed and spoke, “The plan was to use the elements of harmony to supercharge your body and launch you at Tirek.” She said in a deadpan tone. “Did I agree to it?” is all I asked, and much to my dismay she nodded, sometimes I hate having flashbacks. “Fine, whatever, let’s just get this over with so I can get one step closer to going home. Fuckin bullshit if you ask me but no~.” I muttered the last part, but I don’t think they noticed because they were starting to glow and float. The next thing I knew I was floating, and my entire body became bathed in a rainbow light. It felt weird, like my entire body was warm and numb at the same time, it was actually quite nice in a way. But it all ended when the purple girl grabbed and launches me like a damn magic missile at Tirek, who looked both pissed and scared, don’t worry bud I know the feeling. As I flew through the air I only said one thing before punching Tirek in the face and that was, “FUCK MY LIFE!” Then everything went white, again.

When my senses came too, and by that I mean I forced my eyes open, I was mercilessly blinded by the bright blue sky and sun. After a moment of just living there I managed to get up and look around, and even though my entire body ached, I still moved with no broken bones, somehow. But that didn’t matter because about ten feet away was another portal, and maybe even a way home. So I walked right up to it and prayed that it was going to send me home, but before jumping in I turned and saw the six girls, the one fucked up art project, and a very small, pissed looking Tirek in hand cuffs, staring at me and the portal. So I decided to leave them with one last thing. “Fuck this planet and all it shit within, and your welcome for me becoming the human torch, see ya!” That’s all that I said before diving into the portal to the unknown.

Author's Note:

And that's all she wrote! When it comes to Tirek anyway.

As always, I hoped you enjoyed and constructive criticism is encouraged.