• Published 26th May 2016
  • 1,530 Views, 3 Comments

The Hunter - PandaVoltz



I almost got a deer, only to be sucked into an alternate dimension during a full scale battle. It was a nice deer too.

  • ...
9
 3
 1,530

INTERMISSION 1- Rest and Recovery 1- God?

White. White was the only color visible and it was starting to burn my eyes, that and it seemed that I was the only one in this entire expanse. When I first walked through the portal all the pain that I had received previously disappeared, it was like it never happened, much to my satisfaction. Though none of this was calming my nerves, not even a tiny bit, if anything it only got me thinking.

“Am I dead? Was all of that just me in a coma induced dream and I died? I mean if this is heaven I am severally disappointed, and I’m not even religious.” I thought to myself as I wondered aimlessly within the white void. I’m pretty sure I’ve walked at least the equivalent of a marathon when a voice, a deep bass one, spoke. “There you are! I’ve been looking for ages for you, how did you get this far away from where the portal was without me noticing?” the voice rattled every fiber of my being as I looked around for the source, but I couldn’t find anyone, much to my confusion.

“Ah haha! Do not be alarmed my boy! I’ve just brought you into my domain to let you rest before you leave again. It’s not easy to fight with several cracked ribs, a punctured lung, and internal bleeding now is it!” The voice laughed, but I on the other hand was confused as to whom he is and what he meant by ‘leave again’.

“Who are you? Are you God, because if you are I’m sorry I didn’t believe in you, also i'm sorry for stealing my mom’s car that one time to go to a party! Seriously that was a bad idea!” I yelled to the void, I was very worried that this was in fact God and I was about to burn in Hell for eternity, and I was expecting many reactions to my words, Laughter not being one of them.

“Ahahaha! That’s a good one, not the first time, but still funny regardless. But no I am not God, just an entity looking for some fun, and by golly do you make it seem worth it to have taken you from that forest!” the voice bellowed another set of laughs, but I was fuming. This entity took me away from my home, made me fight a bug Queen in a different dimension, and worst of all HE MADE ME MISS MY DEER!

“You Mother Fucker! You made me miss my deer, transported me to an alternate dimension, all to fight a bug Queen for your amusement!? The hell is wrong with you man, im done, I did your stupid little thing, now SEND ME HOME!” I screamed, by this point I was pissed beyond anything for one reason alone. I HATE being used, and this thing thinks it can use me? It has another thing coming.

The entire void went quiet, not a single sound was heard for what felt like hours until the voice spoke again, it held no emotion and said something that made my body freeze up. “No, I won’t send you home. You have a few more jobs to do, and once those are complete then, and only then, will I send you home.” he said, his voice cold. I was dumbfounded, my body unwilling to move, my voice all but gone like the wind. I stood in there in shock as the voice continued.

“Do not hate me for this, not that I care, but you are the last hope for these next few dimensions, the joy I get is only a bonus to me. Once you come to terms with this you can see that this is for the greater good.” The voice said, this time though his words held authority, and finality to them. After what felt like ages I spoke again in a low tone.

“Sigh, What do you want me to do now, fight another monster thing? Because if it’s a giant ass spider you can count me out, but anything else that I have to do to get home I’ll do it.” I say, gaining some of my confidence, and cockiness back. This seemed to have pleased the voice because I started to laugh again, “That’s what I’m talking about, be yourself and get ready to kick some ass in another dimension!” he laughed.

I was still a bit mad about having to fight dimensional monsters, but if it meant getting home, it was worth it. But one question still bothered me. “One thing though, why does my bow shoot regenerating arrows that all have a random effect? I mean it’s cool, so far there has been a lightning one, an explosive one, and a blue trap one, but why do my arrows do that?” Yet again I am answered by the voice laughing but he did answer me none the less.

“That, my dear boy, was a small present to you. Did you honestly expect me to let you face up against creatures that could collapse the planet with only flimsy normal arrows, and a bow that could break? I think not! You see your arrows, when fired, will have a random effect put on them. They can be almost everything, including healing, but it’s all up to chance so use it wisely. The bow on the other hand is also enchanted, it cannot be broken by anything, and it can be summoned if you are more than a hundred or so feet from it. So you’ll never need to fear the loss of your bow. And that’s about it, after each successful battle you will be transported hear for some rest and recovery, understand?” the voice asked.

I nodded dumbly trying to process the new information, but soon had another question, one that I was somewhat afraid to ask. “Since i'm going to be doing this can you tell me what or whom I’m fighting, I’d rather not just walk in there and get crushed by a giant or some other freaky inter-dimensional shit.” When the voice didn’t speak for a second I got worried, “I mean what could I be fighting that could be worse than-” My thoughts were interrupted by the voice saying one word. It was the only word I heard before I was shoved into yet another portal.

“Tirek.”