• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 855 Views, 8 Comments

Don't Leave - Lunae

  • ...
3
 8
 855

Pancakes

A few months into her pregnancy, Lyra's mother had developed a round belly which was her little foal. Occasionally, Lyra's mother would get uncomfortable and went outside to breathe the fresh air, but her parents assured her that it was only because of the baby and there wasn't anything wrong with her.

Lyra went to school each day until June, when school ended and Summer was finally in Ponyville. Lyra ran around and played all day, everyday and when it was time for bed she fell soundly asleep.

Lyra's mother and father tucked her into the little bed and read her a story until she fell asleep. When she did, Lyra's mother planted a kiss on the green filly's forehead and said, "Goodnight, my little angel."

~

Lyra rubbed her big golden eyes and rolled out of bed. She opened the door of her bedroom and walked down the hall, into the living room to find her mother making pancakes in the kitchen just beyond the sofa and her father getting ready for work.

"Morning, Mommy."

"Good morning, sweetie. How did you sleep?"

"Good," she said, following the gratifying scent of her mother's best pancakes.

"Have a nice day, honey," Lyra's mother called to her father as he walked out the door.

"Thanks, you too," he replied.

Lyra wandered into the kitchen and watched her mother flip the pancakes over, drinking in the warm scent they gave off. When the mare was finished with the first pancake, she slipped it onto a big plate, where she'd put the rest of the pancakes as well. Lyra found a smaller plate while her mother put two more pancakes on the larger one. She picked a delicious, sweet-smelling pancake and set it on the small plate she had chosen. Her mother handed her the syrup and Lyra devoured the pancake, leaving only a few crumbs around her mouth which she licked off quickly.

"What're we doing today, mama?"

"We're going to the store to get diapers."

"Oh!"

~

Lyra scanned the shelf in front of her, which was filled with endlessly with diapers. There was another mare looking at the diapers further down the shelf from Lyra and her mother. Lyra trotted over to her and studied the long, flowing mane that hung to her knees.

"Are you going to have a foal?"

The white mare blinked large blue eyes at the green filly staring expectantly up at her, waiting for her answer.

"Yes, I am. Is your mom going to have one too?"

"Yup. I'm going to be a big sister!"

"That'll be fun," the blue-eyed mare said and smiled.

"It will be a lot of responsibility though." said Lyra. "That's what my mommy said."

"Your mommy is one smart mare."

"Lyra, come here," her mother called.

Lyra obeyed and saw her mother struggling with two large packs of diapers. She pointed one hoof at a stack of baskets and told her to bring one to her. Lyra did so happily and helped her get the diapers into the basket.

Lyra said good bye to the mare she met and the mother and daughter made their way to the check out stand. Her mother payed for the diapers while Lyra took the plastic bags and waited for her mother. They walked home and Lyra's mother started immediately into making lunch for the two of them.

When she finished eating her lunch, she thanked her mommy.

"Lyra, you'd better go take a nap."

"Okay," she yawned.

She trotted down the hall, into her room, and flopped on the bed, quickly falling asleep.

~

Lyra woke up just before her daddy got home. She rolled out of bed and opened her toy chest. She chose a stuffed bear and began to act like it was real. She got out her other toys and tried to have a tea party, but she was missing the cups and plates. She left her room to find her father watching the news with his usual straight face.

"Hi daddy," she greeted him.

His face broke into a smile when he saw the green filly watching him.

"Hi Ly."

She watched the news with her father, often asking questions. They had dinner as a family and her parents tucked her into bed, each kissing her on the forehead.

Comments ( 3 )

Nice chapter. And First!

I'll upvote it is good would have loved to see it continued though. Since you'll get a notif for this might I ask how the rest of this was supposed to play out?

1248767

I discontinued because I had been slacking off a lot and was very busy xD

Anyway, I was going to have Lyra's mom have the baby, but the son would die soon after birth due to a heart disease. She would go through grief as one would normally when a loved one is lost, and then she would accept the fact that he was gone, but she would see him again in the afterlife. I think I would have her feel his presence with her sometimes as well.

I based this off of what happened to me, except that I wasn't born yet when my brother was, so I never got to meet him. But I still think about him and miss him every once in a while.

Login or register to comment