• Published 16th Feb 2017
  • 381 Views, 3 Comments

Secret Flight - Dragonrose Lovesong



Rainbow Dash has some time to herself, what will she do ~ doki

  • ...
 3
 381

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash was always quite fine being the messy tomcolt everypony knew and loved, but she has a secret. A secret that she would just die if anyone found out.

It just so happened that today she had nowhere to be and she was just about ready to practice her favourite little secret hobby. She closes all her windows and makes sure Tank is eating in the next room. She closes her bedroom door and opens a secret compartment in the clouds of her room. There it hung, her shameless costume, a silky expression of her inner self. She designed it herself, years ago and made it with a special fabric that only her family could make. She rests the costume on the bed and walks to her bathroom.

She fills a bath with the tub filled to the brim with rose petals mixed with forget-me-nots and spends an hour soaking in the fragrant water mixture. Rainbow Dash really didn't like spas but if they had a treatment that wasn't painful (at least to her) she really wouldn't mind it so much.

Leaving the bathroom she dries off and picks up the gloves and place them on her forelegs then pulls the knee high socks over her rear legs. She throws the dress over her head then slips into a pair of silver shoes.

She looks over her reflection. The cream and silver gown hides her cutie mark perfectly and the shimmering material covers her frame giving her a delicate appearance. The fit is snug, hugging her like the clouds she naps on and the flowing material gathering and blowing in the barely noticeable wind. Like it often does when she touches this particular fabric, her colours have paled to near white pastels and her mane covers most of her eyes and brush against the wings folded against her back.

She presses her back against her wall and opens the window. Her mane and tail curl loosely in the strengthened wind. She opens her wings and judges it. With a quick stroke of her wings she is outside and glides swiftly to cover before anyone could have spot her. She lands in the the Everfree Forest. She looks around and breaths a sigh of relief when when she sees that no one else is there.

She lowers her head and listens. She catches a tune on the breeze and lets it carry her. It plays and she sings.

After the first verse she opens her wings and steps on the water, it becomes ice and she skates.

As she sings another verse she spins and jumps, the ice returns to water once she loses contact with it. She catches the breeze and begins to glide. She glides to the end of the forest.

She smiles and looks at the setting sun she sings another verse before wiping her tears.

She turns and looks back into the forest. She feels a chill and wraps her wings around herself until it leaves her. She sings.

She opens her wings and glides to some caves. She sings as she brushes her wings against the cave walls.

She giggles and lands, after another verse she spins around.

She rests on the cave entrance and takes another glance at the evening sky.

She lies down and sighs tears flow from her as she whispers the next verse.

She sighs, stands up and enters the cave and walks around, she sings, she can't help but cry.

She flaps her wings gently and awakens the fireflies. They fly around her glowing softly. She sings another verse calming herself down.

She looks at her reflection in a pool of water inside the cave, she sings.

Water falls from the roof of the cave and distorts the image. She turns away and looks at the fireflies as she walks to the entrance of the cave. The lyrics become a whisper.

She leaves the cave and looks at the sky.

Moonlight shines on her face and her eyes shimmer in the silver light. With the last notes of the song the wind changes and her breathing shifts.

She opens her wings and takes to the sky. As she loses the melody she dances with the moonlight. She extends a hoof to touch the light. The light begins to glow and a glimmering white fabric falls from it. Rainbow Dash catches it before it touches the ground and examines it. She smiles "I think that's enough white, I won't be able to get any pink tonight though." she shrugs, "I'll just get it when I'm free again."

She flies back to her cloud house, taking care not to be seen. She goes to her bedroom, after making sure that Tank was asleep she opens a secret pocket within the wall. Slipping in she rests on the silk-lined floors of the room. A content sigh escapes her lips as she rests the shimmering white cloth next to a pile of glistening and shimmering materials. She runs her feathers through the air watching the lights and colours as they dance around her wings. She silently admires her family's impressive defining trait.

Rolling unto her back her eyes catch a glimpse of some paint tins. A devious smile crosses her lips. She slips off her shimmering gown and places it in with other elegant and sparkling outfits. She goes to a cupboard at the end of the room and pulls out a sheet of canvas fabric.

She spreads it on an easel before picking up the paints. As she opens three tins she steals a note from the breeze and follow the melody. As she sways to the tune her wings fall into the paint and with a twirl it splatters on the canvas. She continues to sing and her movements cover the canvas in different colours. On the high note she feels a chill and opens another tin during her spin. The iridescent paint stains her hoof and tail. A flick of her wing and she's resting on the canvas. A sharp twist and the colours embed themselves in the art. After a few more verses she drops, crying her eyes out.

It takes her a moment to recover and she looks up at her creation.

She had to admit it, even though it took like forever to master, her spontaneous paintings always seemed to look better than if she had thought about it. The painting shows in highlighted detail a mare in a summer garden, under the twilit sky, tending to the waters of a glistening pool surrounded by small animals. Rainbow Dash couldn't put some name to the lilac pony in this painting, she never really recognised any of the ponies she drew and the fact that most of them wore clothes was not helping. She sighs and places the painting in a box full of other paintings.

She looks around. She never really got why the only thing she ever got messy when painting was her fur. She sighs and leaves the room, careful to conceal the entrance before retreating to the bathroom.

She fills the bath nearly overflowing it with camomile and lavender petals. "You know one of these days the flower sister might actually ask what I do with all these flowers." She snickers to herself and soaks for an hour.

After drying off she falls into the silken sheets of her cloud bed and drifts off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Ifs youz likes it, I'll writes more ~doki
Don't mind the starts, Iz was goings to put in lyrics but it was copyright and Iz too lazy to change format ~doki.

Comments ( 3 )

Not a complaint nor a criticism but what's that... thing you seen to do. I've read your other stuff and it's always stuck out to me. That "~doki" thing?

Comment posted by Dragonrose Lovesong deleted Feb 16th, 2017

7953226 It's called a verbal tic ~doki
In Japanese it is called a gobi/catchphrase ~doki

Login or register to comment