• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 9,072 Views, 505 Comments

The Stranger With a Big Iron on Her Hip - Omega_code



Scarlet is taken to Equestria and isn't quite happy being there.

  • ...
38
 505
 9,072

A letter from the Author.

Dear Readers, it's with a heavy heart to tell you that I will be cancelling Big Iron. The ideas and the will to continued is dry up and I don't want to be spending 'years' trying to force them out. So this is the end... I might write up a summery of the final act of the story to help bring it to an end but other than that, there won't be another full chapter. Again, I'm sorry to do this but... it's either this or wait for months for a possible 2k chapter to be release.

Still, thank you for all of the favorites, likes, and the comments for the story. It really meant a lot towards me and it makes it all the more bitter for me to end it this way.

Sincerely, Omega_Code

Comments ( 27 )

If the brain ain't givin' ideas, the page shall stay empty. Forcing them out might result in a shitty chapter. I respect your deciscion and I hope many more do.:moustache:

'S alright. I know all too well that forcing a chapter just doesn't work.

It is sad to hear this especially with so many other stories canceling as well but I respect your decision and hope whatever else you plan to do will work out for best for you. Brohoof from a fan /)
~ Techsol

Thanks for telling us thought,

SHINE! ON! YOU CRA~ZY DIAMOND!
You reached for the secret too soon...
You cried for the moon...
SHINE! ON! YOU CRA~ZY DIAMOND!
(shine on you cra~~zy diamond!)

We're still getting her in the Labyrinth, right?

4274199
Yes, she will still be in Labyrinth, I'm not planning on leaving that.
4274019
(\

Well... damn, sorry to hear that but if you can't think of anything then you can't. Though I am willing to continue waiting.

Well, its a shame. Was fun while it lasted.

Give it time.

You are out of fuel. For now this story may yet be canceled, but the future still remains unwritten.

Take a long hiatus from this story. From there, an idea may or may not pop up.

For now, this story shall remain dormant.

Field out new tales to tell in the meantime.

Eventually, something shall come with patience.

Time is the key.

Wait and see.

4275887 Crits have always mattered in Fallout. Plus crits pair nicely with melee/unarmed builds.

*sees this in feature box*ok so this is the story with Scarlet, i'll put in read later for la- *sees Ponyfable in "other stories made by the author"* you've got to be shitting me... *checks favorites* ..... god damnit it is you. I swear you, better not pull what you did with ponyfable cha- * sees cancelled tag* .....ffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:


This is actually what just happend :facehoof:

4278907 Truer words have never been spoken. I worship your awesomeness Wanderer D.

4278907

Yeah... to tell you true, I'm not that good with grammar/spelling in the first place :twilightsheepish: (at least with tenses and stuff...)

But yeah... the first half of the story I had a different proofreader than the last half. Hopefully it will show... or the thought that I'm actually getting better at writing is all an illusion to me.

*See's this in feature box* :pinkiegasp:
*Read later's* :twilightblush:
*Comes back after like 2 months and doesn't notice the cancelled status*
*Reads and gets excited* :pinkiehappy:
*Prepares to write a comment about how I read all of this in one sitting* :twilightsmile:
*See's this chapter* :applejackconfused:
*NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU* :fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad:

im a fav this put im still sad :fluttercry:
but it was going good:pinkiesmile:

*Salutes*
We'll see you around.
*A single drop of liquid pride falls*

please post that summery, hopefully inspiration will strike again at some point .

5260797 I have literally never been in a casino, unless a quest calls for it. (At least not in New Vegas, anyway.)

The character of scarlet reminds me of the story "THE LAST OF MY KIND" by Immortan Joe. Also the series "COMING OUT OF IT" by The Boss. Both are fantastic reads. Bomb Shelter has a number of great stories as well. One thing concerns me though. A great number of the stories are of an apocalyptic nature. While this is adventure on another, I wonder if the imminent arrival of NIBIRU, has something to do with it. If NIBIRU is a real threat, we may be facing a REAL apocalyptic situation in our own lifetime. I wonder how Equestria would face a threat as devastating as NIBIRU has the potential to be. Also if I'm hearing it right, NIBIRU comes around, like Halleys Comet, every 3600 years. I wonder if anyone would write a story about a threat like that.

7367186
I had a half-formed idea to write an apocalypse story on and around the idea about five or six years ago, but never capitalized upon it because I never found the idea interesting enough to pursue.

Still, though, t'would be interesting to see something like humans coming into contact with Celestia and Luna while the planet in question is entering the solar system and begging for their help in preventing a cataclysm. The fic could be spent bouncing back and forth between the two sides as they attempt to desperately bridge the interuniversal gap, either so that the sisters may prevent the apocalypse or so that at least some of humanity will survive.

I was actually listening to the son"Big Iron", when i was reading your story:rainbowlaugh:

no you will continue it

10390455
I don't think that'll happen for this story. The one who written this story hasn't been online for over 5 years since July 22, 2017.

Login or register to comment