• Published 14th May 2016
  • 1,960 Views, 78 Comments

Dreams of the Heart - Dreadnought



An attack on Princess Luna leads to unexpected consequences for Equestria.

  • ...
4
 78
 1,960

Chapter 2: Healing

PART I: Shared Dreams
Chapter 2: Healing

The time passed slowly. The devastation lay as a open wound upon the earth. An equally devastated alicorn lay amongst the desolation. She had caused this ruin, and now she had become one with it.

The birds stopped chirping. Suddenly it became deathly silent. Then there was a crack of twigs, a rustle of leaves somewhere out there. It grew louder, it grew nearer. Suddenly it stopped. A figure stood, surveying the devastation and the lifeless Princess Luna....

***

Voices could be heard. They sounded near and yet somehow distant, inaudible. Luna felt warm, intensely warm. And she couldn’t move. Was this death? Was this the death that the immortal alicorns knew o so well yet had not experienced, a passage that awaited everypony except them? No, she could feel. There was pain, a dull pain, an ever-present and all encompassing pain, but a life-affirming pain. She struggled to open her eyes. The scene was blurry. With great difficulty she focused her eyes, making everything clear. She was lying in a bed, heavy blankets stretching out before her. She lay in a bed, in a very plain room, but she was not sure where she was. Suddenly Luna became aware of an IV to the right of her bed. A small tube ran from the suspended bag down and under the blankets. She must be in a hospital, but where? In Canterlot? She had visited the hospital in Canterlot, and the rooms were not this plain. Then where? She thought back, trying to clear the murky haze and assemble the jumbled pieces in her head. She had gone out to investigate a strange sense, something amiss coming from the Everfree Forest. She encountered her foe. They battled across the night sky. She had triumphed. Or had she? Luna thought back and remembered the form in the crater. It was lying there, but she wasn’t sure about its fate. Everything after that was black.

She lay there trying to reconstruct her night. But the voices brought her back to the present. She had fought on the edge of the Everfree Forest. If she had crashed into the forest, then this was most likely…. Luna thought, becoming acutely aware of the ache in her head. I know this place, I’ve been here she thought. This town, this small town. It is where they hold the, the, the Nightmare festival. She knew the name, it was lurking in the shadows of her mind. She reached out to it, and drew it forward: Ponyville.

Ponyville. The Ponyville where the Elements of Harmony reside. The Ponyville where a Princess Twilight Shimmer lives. No, where Princess Twilight -, Twilight -, where Princess Twilight lives. The Ponyville where she had captured her sis-. No, that was a darker time. Luna let those shameful memories slip back into the darkness, a slide aided by her aching and confused mind.

The doorknob turned and the door swung open. In floated a clipboard suspended by a red glow. A unicorn walked in, the face obscured by the clipboard. After a moment it moved out of the way revealing a red unicorn sporting a black mane and wearing a white doctor’s coat. She recognized this pony, she had known him back in Canterlot. It was – she had trouble remembering.

“Princess Luna, I see that you are awake,” he said.

Luna starred at him, trying to remember. He saw her effort at trying to the piece memories together. “Doctor Ratched, the royal physician.” Ah yes, Dr. Ratched. She had seen him only twice since returning, though he had been the royal physician under her sister for a number of years.

“How – .” Luna had great difficulty getting the word out, it being more of a soft murmur than anything else.

“You very nearly died from your injuries.” He floated the clipboard back in front of his face. “Seven broken ribs, a fractured wing, internal bleeding, massive blood –.”

“Doctor Ratched, may I have a word with you?” A cream colored unicorn with a brown mane appeared at the door. He wore a doctor’s coat and sported an electrocardiogram for a cutie mark.

“Just a minute. I am informing the princess of her injuries,” Doctor Ratched said, casually dismissing the doctor at the door.

“Doctor Ratched, a word with you now,” the doctor at the door said. Though not yelling, the was much force and irritation in his voice.

“Very well.” Doctor Ratched turned to Luna, saying “I will see you in a few minutes.” Doctor Ratched walked through the door, a blue haze pulling the door firmly shut.

Luna could hear voices in the hallway. At first, they were soft, but eventually they grew louder. Luna couldn’t discern the words, but she could tell the conversation was getting heated. Then, silence. A gentle voice could be heard through the door. Was that? Yes, it was her sister, Princess Celestia. More discussion followed. Then the door opened again and the cream colored doctor walked into the room. A blue glow quietly shut the door behind him.

“Princess Luna, I am Doctor Horse, the head physician here at Ponyville Hospital. Let me assure you that you are getting the very best possible medical care. We have a whole team of specialists monitoring your condition.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “My apologies. I did not know Doctor Ratched would come in here and disturb you with details of your condition. He is an outstanding doctor, but between you and me, I’m afraid his bedside manner needs some work,” Doctor Horse said with a heavy sigh. “You have sustained bad injuries, but with time, you can expect to make a full recovery. I know you have many questions, but please, you need to rest.”

“Celest-” Luna struggled, her word still a murmur.

“Princess Celestia is here. She has been here for the last six days, never leaving the hospital.”

Six days?! Did he say six days? Had she really been here six days? She didn’t remember any of it. What did Celestia think? Hopefully she did not believe Luna’s running off into the night was a prelude to another coup d’etat attempt. What about the moon? Celestia must be pulling double duty. “Celestia” Luna threw what force she could muster into the word.

Doctor Horse looked surprised at the force of the word, but spoke to her in a calm, soothing voice. “Your highness I assure you your sister is here. Princess Celestia has refused to leave until she knows you are okay. There will be plenty of time as you recover to speak with your sister. But now is the time for rest. You must recover your strength. I give you my word that when you are well enough, I will bring your sister to see you.” He stepped toward the door and stopped. He looked back at Luna and said “Please get some rest. We will be here for anything you may need.” Doctor Horse carefully opened the door, and stepped through. He turned, looked at Luna, and gave a reassuring smile before gently closing the door. Luna stared at the door, wanting to talk with her sister. She had to explain what had happened. She had to make sure it had been defeated. But quickly, her eyes grew heavy, and her vision grew dim until it turned to black.

Princess Luna was asleep again, recovering from the battle she had narrowly won.

***

Luna awoke from her sleep. She opened her eyes. Darkness filled the room, the only light coming in from under the door. And it was quiet. The only thing she could hear came from the soft blowing of air through the heating system. It was night, she could feel it. Was it that same night, or had she been out for several days? She closed her eyes, trying to decide how long she had been asleep. She would never come to a definitive conclusion, slipping back into sleep within moments.

***

Luna would wake and slip back into sleep several more times. Each time her vision returned more quickly, her mind pieced together the past with greater ease, her time awake ever increasing. She even managed a few short conversations with the staff. But still, ever-present was the pain.

***

The door creaked open. In came a white pony bearing a red cross for a cutie mark, a simple nurse’s hat sitting atop her pink mane. She quietly walked over to the IV and checked its status. The pony heard a moan coming from the bed.

Princess Luna opened her eyes and focused on the visitor. “Good morning Nurse Redheart,” Luna’s voice soft but steady.

Nurse Redheart bowed her patient. “Good morning to you, Princess Luna. How are we feeling today?”

Luna smiled a little bit. “Thou need not bow to us here,” Luna replied, unconsciously slipping back into the plural.

“Forgive me your highness, we are not used to treating royalty.”

“We are doing fine, though we have a little more pain than yesterday.”

“I will ask the doctors if we can increase the medication and ease your pain.”

“Thank you very much.”

“You are quite welcome,” Nurse Redheart replied as she walked toward the door.

“Nurse Redheart?”

“Yes your highness?”

“We would like to speak with our sister.”

“You seem to be much better your highness. I will ask the doctors if they will allow it.”

“Thank you. We would also like to see a mirror.”

Nurse Redheart paused for a moment. “I- I’m not sure that is a good idea.”

“Why not?” Luna asked, a little fear seeping into her voice.

“A- perhaps tomorrow your highness?”

“What is the matter? Please fetch me a mirror.”

“Your highness-”

“A mirror.” Luna’s voice was the most forceful she had used since the battle, but if fell well short of the royal Canterlot voice.

Nurse Redheart, walked over to the table, attempting to suppress her emotions. She felt a little fear of her patient. After all she was Luna, Princess of the Night, sister of Celestia, Princess of the Sun. A powerful alicorn who moved the moon and stars across the night sky. One who had lived dozens of lifetimes, walking with eternity. One who had been Nightmare Moon, the evil, dark force that had attempted to plunge Equestria into eternal darkness. With some trepidation, she passed the mirror to the princess.

Luna looked in the mirror, a conflicting mixture of relief and shock rushing through her. She saw her reflection, but it wasn’t quite her former image. It was her face, but her coat a dull gray, her magical nightscape replaced by a dull, motionless mane….

***

Several days later Princess Luna sat in bed, eating her lunch. She had been consuming solid food for almost a week. She munched on her mixed greens, reflecting that though simple, the food provided her with immense comfort. Just the mere acts of chewing, swallowing, and feeling her stomach fill with food reinvigorated her, giving her strength.

Overall Luna’s condition had improved markedly since being brought to the Ponyville Hospital several weeks earlier. She had been washed, cleansing her wounds and removing the thick masses of clotted blood and hair that had adorned her coat. Soothing creams had been rubbed into the cuts and gashes, relieving pain and preventing infection. New feathers were coming in, replacing those that had been torn and broken. Her strength had returned as well. No longer was her voice the soft, weak whisper it had once been, instead replaced with confidence and strength. She felt capable of using the royal Canterlot voice, but realized it as inappropriate and unnecessary. Though still sore in the ribs, her breathing was no longer labored. Luna’s head had returned to normal, allowing her to concentrate on piecing together the events that had led to her stay in the hospital.

As she sat, eating her lunch, her mind wandered, and a sense of apprehension filled her. She still had yet to talk to Celestia. What would her sister say? Would she be upset with her for sneaking out of the castle at night, without any of her Night Guard, nearly getting herself killed? Would she be disappointed that Luna had not come to her and asked for aid before setting off for battle? What about the moon? Celestia had to be tired from pulling double duty, setting the moon as she rose the sun at dawn, then setting the sun and raising the moon at dusk. Well, she should be used to it, for she had to do it for a thousand years after…No, let’s not think of that.

Still though, Luna could see what how things transpired. Celestia, on her private balcony, seeing the moon still in the sky, angry with her sister for shirking her royal duties and secretly wondering if this was a sign that Luna would once again refuse to yield the night to the day. Celestia would nevertheless use her magic to raise the sun, beating back the night with her anger. She would breakfast alone, silently fuming as to the whereabouts of her insolent sister. Celestia would take her seat in the throne room and open the royal court. Ponies from all over Equestria would come to her seeking her wisdom, her approval, her judgment. Land disputes, technical legal claims, foreign affairs, macro and microeconomic matters would all be put before her. She would be intently listening to a case as a royal guard burst into the throne room, bowing and informing the Princess of the Sun that the Princess of the Night was lying on her deathbed in Ponyville Hospital. Celestia would rush to Ponyville, the pegasi of her royal guard struggling to keep up. Arriving at the hospital, rushing into the waiting room, Celestia would demand to know Luna’s condition. Doctor Horse would say that Luna was hanging by a thread, and may not live to see another day. Celestia, tears in her eyes, would excuse herself and retire to a private room, to sob about her dying sister. The Elements of Harmony would arrive, Princess Twilight Sparkle seeking to console the distraught Princess Celestia. The news would spread across Equestria like dragonfire. The subjects would be concerned, most secretly wondering if the threat of Nightmare Moon would be extinguished forever….

The door opened and Luna saw Doctor Horse walk into the room. She had been visited by Doctor Horse everyday, whether she was awake or not. He continually presented an upbeat and affable manner, always asking how she was feeling, and engaging in friendly conversation before filling her in on her condition. His manner was in stark contrast to Doctor Ratched, whose few visits had been brief, formal, and cold.

“Good Morning Princess,” Doctor Horse said as he took a slight bow. Luna had given up on telling the staff they need not show such formalities during her stay, but none had heeded her advice. “I am glad to see you are enjoying your lunch. I imagine, though, you are used to much fancier fare from the royal chefs.”

“The meals in Canterlot are much more lavish than this, but, if thou wants to know the truth, I much prefer this simple food to the elaborate dishes served in the castle.” Doctor Horse chuckled. “Does thou find something humorous?”

With a small smile on his face, Doctor Horse replied, “Princess Celestia has several royal chefs standing by. They are to prepare your food when you are able to eat more lavish meals. Perhaps we should keep you on a special diet for the foreseeable future?”

“I would like that,” Luna replied, breaking into a friendly smile.

“Well, your highness, I wanted to keep you informed on your recovery. Your ribs are healing quite nicely. We will be taking another X-ray of your wing tomorrow, but I think your cast will be coming off in a few days. It will still be fragile, so I don’t want you to overexert it.”

“I am pleased to hear that.”

“We also plan to start you on physical therapy. We want to ensure that you are ready to start flying again.”

“Yes…”

There was an awkward pause. “Is something a matter your highness?”

“I have stayed here several weeks. Would it be possible to speak with my sister?” Luna queried, giving Doctor Horse an hopeful look.

Doctor Horse considered for a moment. “You still have much recovery to go…. However, you have made considerable progress, I believe a short visit would be appropriate. I will inform Princess Celestia that she may see you.” Doctor Horse stepped towards the door.

“We thank you.”

Doctor Horse paused, gave a friendly smile, bowed, and stepped over the threshold, the door closing behind him. Luna once again sat in silence, alone with her meal. She knew she should finish her lunch, but the realization that Princess Celestia would be there shortly made Luna not feel hungry. An aura surrounded the tray and floated over to the nightstand. Luna slid herself backwards a little so she could sit upward for the conversation. Yes, Luna had been awaiting this conversation, apprehension enveloping her. This conversation would be difficult, but necessary.

Princess Luna heard voices in the hall, though she could not discern what the conversation entailed. Luna focused her magic, amplifying her hearing, and the discussion became clear.

Doctor Horse was speaking. “…Princess Luna is still recovering, her injuries were quite severe. I must again insist again that you do not say anything to upset your sister.”

“Remember your place Horse,” came a rebuke from Doctor Ratched.

“Doctors, please, I will handle this with utmost tact. However, I have questions that must be answered.” Luna’s heart sank. “I assure you that my sister’s health is of paramount concern to me and I will do everything within my power to keep her calm.”

The voices went quiet and Luna heard two distinct sets of hoofsteps walk away. Luna braced herself. There was a long pause and Luna heard Celestia take a deep breath. A magical aura formed, gently swinging open the door to reveal the Princess of the Sun. Princess Celestia carefully walked in, and closed the door behind her. “Luna, I am happy to see you are recovering well.”

Luna replied, a sad, apprehensive undertone belying the confidence she sought to convey. “Sister, it pleases me to see you. We have important matters to discuss.”

Luna’s directness surprised Celestia. She expected Luna to be weak from her injuries or very skittish about the conversation. “Yes, Lulu,” Celestia said, using the loving nickname to calm her sister.

“I-” Luna paused. She had expected Celestia to appear more stern, more judgmental. Luna suddenly found herself at a loss for words, not knowing what to say. “I-, I’m so sorry we have failed you sister.” Tears began to form in Luna’s eyes and she peered down at her blanket. “We have once again caused you much pain and sadness.
We do not deserve your forgiveness yet again.”

A gentle wing wrapped around Luna and she peered up into Celestia eyes. Those eyes lacked anger, hate, disappointment. Instead they showed only compassion, love, and concern. “Hush, Lulu, it’s alright.” Celestia’s eyes glistened, though Luna knew she would shed no tears, having learned to control her emotions for a thousand years.

Luna cried a little before regaining her composure. “We-, I went out to investigate. I did not know what it was, but I sensed something strange coming from near Ponyville. I ventured into the Everfree looking for it. Had I known what I was facing, I would have taken my guard-I would have asked for your help.”

“Luna, what did you find?”

Luna found herself speechless for a moment. What did she mean What did you find? Hadn’t they seen it in the crater lying there? Oh, no! It did not meet its end after all. It had only been stunned and escaped while Luna was unconscious! She had failed! It was still out there! How many ponies would be killed because of Luna’s failures!?

“Luna?”

“Sister, we fought a riesen.”

“A riesen?” Celestia asked, the disbelief coming across in her voice.

“Yes, a riesen.”

“There hasn’t been a sighting in more than a thousand years.” Celestia paused, taking full consideration of the magnitude of the revelation. “It has been a long time since I thought of our battle with the riesen. It took both of us to defeat it, and we both nearly died. It is not something I wanted to remember.”

“Neither have I, but it has haunted my dreams of late” Luna professed.

“It has?” the concern obvious in her voice.

“Yes, sister.”

Celestia paused, choosing her words carefully. “Was that the strange sensation that drew you to the Everfree Forest?”

“I do not know. I knew there was something amiss, but I did not sense a riesen. It felt more like…”

“Yes?” gently prodded Celestia.

“It felt more like a pony was having a nightmare, but I couldn’t reach them in their dreams.”

“How so?”

“I cannot explain it. I went out to investigate, thinking I would find what I sought. You have no power with dreams, so I did not wake you. And I have been to the Ponyville several times on my own, and….”

“And?”

“The last time I went there with my Night Guard, my arrival was less than welcome.”

“On Nightmare Night?” Celestia knew Luna’s relationship with the subjects was a sensitive subject.

“Yes. I thought it best to be discreet.”

“I see.”

“I went to the Everfree and came upon the beast. It took both of us last time to defeat it, but I did not think I could wait. Too many lives were hanging in the balance. We fought….” Luna trailed off, thinking of the battle, but also the strangeness of the riesen.

“And you defeated the beast” continued Celestia.

“I did? You found its remains in the crater?” Luna said, a sudden hopefulness in her voice.

“We found remains in the crater, but were unable to identify it. The remains were–unusual.”

“Unusual?”

“The remains lacked form, it was more a mass than anything else.” Luna’s face darkened. “Lulu?”

“The riesen I fought was not like the last one. This beast was, different. It seemed not fully formed, but was not a juvenile. And it didn’t act like the riesen we fought.”

“How so?”

“It lacked cunning, the cold calculating nature of a riesen. It seemed driven by pure emotion, an unrestrained fury that it directed towards me.”

Celestia, repressing her anxiety, thought for a moment. “Can you tell me anything more of the riesen?”

“I was surprised I beat it. Had it been a normal riesen, I surely would have perished. I am so very sorry for having put you through this.”

“It’s alright Lulu, I forgive you” Celestia again wrapping her wing around Luna.

Luna was unresponsive to the hug. “You shouldn’t have to forgive us. We should not be disappointing you like this.”

“You are not a disappointment. In fact, I am proud of you. You defeated a riesen by yourself, facing certain death, willing to lay your life down for your subjects. You have shown a deep compassion that our subjects will return.”

“They still remember Nightmare Moon” Luna confided with a heavy heart.

It pained Celestia to see Luna still feeling that redemption was a long way off. Again Celestia chose her words carefully. “Yes, they will always remember Nightmare Moon. But acts like this show them that Nightmare Moon is no more, that my sister cares for them and will become a beloved leader.”

Luna gave a weak smile.

“You are extremely lucky the Apples found you and brought you here. Their quick thinking saved your life.”

“The Apples?”

“Yes, you landed in Sweet Apple Acres.” Celestia stood up. “I will leave you to rest. I must return to Canterlot with this knowledge and consult with the council. Take care dear Lulu. I look forward to your return to Canterlot and your next night sky.” Celestia paused at the door. “The Elements of Harmony have been extremely concerned with your condition. Perhaps they could come to visit tomorrow?”

Luna’s face brightened. “Yes, I would like that.”

“I will see to it. Goodbye Luna, I will return to check on you soon.”

“Goodbye sister.”

***

Luna lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Ever since her conversation with Princess Celestia the day before, Luna had been rolling it over and over in her mind. She replayed it, twisting it and stretching it. Luna analyzed every word, considering what was said, what was meant. Luna pondered everything that was said, but more importantly what was not said.

She also remembered Celestia’s revelation that Luna had been found at Sweet Apple Acres. It was dark and her focus had been on defeating the murderous beast in front of her. But it did make sense. Sweet Apple Acres bordered the Everfree Forest. Its orchards filled with grown apple trees could easily have been mistaken in the heat of battle for an extension of the forest. She must thank Applejack and reward her for saving her life. She must also apologize for damaging their trees and leaving a smoking crater in their land….

A knock at the door broke Luna’s thought, bringing her back to the hospital room. Nurse Redheart appeared, bowing to Luna. Again, with the bowing? “Princess Luna, there are several ponies here to see you if you feel up to it.”

“Yes, we would like that very much.”

“Very well, your highness. I will send them in.” She bowed, and closed the door behind her.

Luna lay there, feeling an eagerness at the prospect of visitors. Except for Celestia, Luna had seen no pony save the doctors and nurses of Ponyville Hospital. A purple aura glowed and the door swung open. A purple alicorn walked in, bearing a six-pointed star for a cutie marking. Trailing closely behind her a purple dragon with green trim entered. A beautiful white unicorn mare strolled in, her mane and tailed perfectly styled. The next pony did not walk in, but instead flew in. She was a blue pegasus with an unkempt rainbow colored mane and tail. The next pony did not walk in either, instead the pink pony came bouncing in, her manner most at odds with her serious nature of the hospital. A yellow pegasus shyly walked in, her pink mane obscuring part of her face but her butterfly cutie mark clearly visible. Finally, an orange earth pony sporting a stetson hat trotted into the room. They gathered around Luna’s bed, and all bowed to the princess.

“Princess Luna, how are you? We have all been so worried about you” Princess Twilight began.

“I am well. The staff of this hospital have done a most exceptional job” said Luna.

“All better party!” yelled Pinkie Pie, throwing confetti into the air and blowing a noisemaker.

“Well, I still have some healing to go” Luna said with a sigh.

“Get well party!” corrected Pinkie Pie, again throwing confetti and blowing the noisemaker.

“We heard you fought the riesen” said Twilight.

“Yeah. You totally kicked its tail!” interrupted Rainbow Dash.

“I hope it didn’t suffer too much” said a sullen Fluttershy.

“I took no pleasure in defeating it in battle, Fluttershy. But it was a life-or-death contest, and too many ponies lives were at risk.”

“Yes, I mean, uh-” stammered Fluttershy, feeling bad that she had pitied the reisen when it had nearly killed the princess that lay in front of her.

“Do you know where it came from?” asked Twilight.

“I do not know.”

“Could that horrible beast have escaped from Tarturus?” inquired Rarity.

“Perhaps. I am unsure” pondered Luna.

“Princess Celestia has scouts combing the area and the Everfree Forest. If there are any more out there, or any other monsters, they will be found” assured Twilight.

“They better run and hide, or Luna will kick their tails!” beamed Rainbow Dash.

“It was a most difficult battle, a draining experience. If it had not been for you, Applejack, I would have surely died after the fight. Thank you very much for saving my life.”

“Well, ah ‘preciate that, but ah didn’t save yer life” admitted Applejack. She wasn’t the Element of Honesty for nothing.

“You did not?” asked a surprised Luna.

“Nah, Big Mac found ya. He went out to work the South Orchard, and found ya lyin’ there. Without sayin’ a word, he loaded ya in the wagon and hoofed it over here.”

“He did? I would like to thank him, is he here?” inquired Luna.

“He’s workin’ the South Orchard today.”

“Oh. I apologize for the damage to your crop. I did not realize I was over your field when I sent that blast of energy at the riesen.”

“Now don’t you go frettin’ over it. We have plenty of trees at Sweet Apple Acres. I’m just glad ya al’right.”

“Is there anything we can get for you, Princess Luna?” asked Twilight.

“Ooo- perhaps I can make you a more fashionable hospital gown. The ones they have here are soo drab. And I could bring in some better drapes and some fresh flowers, and -”

“Gesh, Rarity. This is a hospital, not a five-star hotel!” complained Rainbow Dash.

“Well, one might recover faster in beautiful surroundings” retorted Rarity.

“I thank you Rarity. But anything would have to be approved by the hospital staff” admitted Luna, seeking to end this argument before it grew.

“I know! Last time I was in here, I was soooo bored out of my mind until Twilight gave me the most awesome book in all the world – Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone. O - I could loan you my own personal copy!”

“Rainbow, the hospital has a copy” said Twilight.

“Yeah, but my copy isn’t as beat up, so it’s at least 20% cooler.” Twilight just rolled her eyes.

In walked Doctor Ratched. “Princess Luna, it is time for your lunch. I’m afraid you all are going to have to leave” he said, motioning to the gang gathered around Luna.

“Could they stay a few more minutes?” asked a hopeful Luna.

“I’m afraid not. After your lunch we will be taking another X-ray of your wing.”

“We will be back to visit you soon” assured Twilight as she walked out through the door.

“I hope you feel better soon Princess Luna” said Spike as he followed Twilight out the door.

“Me too” squeaked Fluttershy, still feeling bad about her earlier comment. She gingerly walked out of the room.

“Do take care and let us know if there is anything we can get you” said Rarity taking a final, longing glance around the room.

“I’m going to see if I can get Daring Do” called Rainbow as she flew out the door.

“And don’t you worry about them apple trees. They’re tough, just like you.”

“I’ll start planning your out-of-the-hospital party!” said Pinky as she bounced out behind Applejack, followed by Doctor Ratched.

Luna looked around her room. It had been an all too short visit. Now she was alone again. A brilliant doctor or not, Luna couldn’t understand what Celestia saw in Doctor Ratched. In walked Nurse Redheart, pushing a cart with Luna’s lunch.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this two chapter sneak peak! New chapters of Part 1 will be posted every Friday, starting 20 May 2016.

Again, lots of thanks to my editors, TheMajorTechie and Rijo Striker.

Keep Writing,

Dreadnought