• Published 9th Sep 2014
  • 1,152 Views, 28 Comments

Xanadu's Elements - Masterweaver



Welcome to the world's craziest costume convention, where what you wear is what you are. Join theadventures of six bronies on the day of madness.

  • ...
2
 28
 1,152

Fluttershy

Hello, I’m--

Really? Even with the computers? Oh come on. Maybe I’ll get Jack to fix this after I finish typing it, I don’t like being this soft-spoken pegasus...

Right, sorry. Gracie Rivers. That’s my name, don’t wear it out. And yes, I am aware I look like Fluttershy. I just dressed up like this and headed to Xanadu because my boyfriend is... was a brony. Have I mentioned all bronies are creepy stalkers? I get that you want to hug me but I am NOT Fluttershy!

For one thing, I wouldn’t have any qualms about siccing my pet cougar on you. Isn’t that right Sandy, you’ll protect your momma oh yes you will--

I did not just write that.

Oh, you want me to talk about the convention. Let’s pick up where Twilight left off...

Well, to be honest I didn’t know what I was going to do. Twilight had just run into the hall, Pinkie was bouncing around saying WHAT A TWIST and stuff like that, and Jack was all ready to rush out after her; he managed to trip over his own hooves again.

“Oh my stars! Poor, poor Twilight!” Rarity moaned from the couch, her face buried in cushions. I instinctively went over to pat her shoulder comfortingly, glancing at the others. The unicorn emerged from the cushions, clearing her eyes of tears as she hugged me tightly. “Oh, most beloved Fluttershy, THANK YOU for being here. I, I don’t know what I’d do in this world if you were gone...”

Did I freak out? Hell yah. I totally freaked out. The fact that I couldn’t scream just made it scarier. Luckily, Applejack or Mark or whatever managed to interpret my struggles and jumped to my rescue.

“Hey thar, Rarity, Ah think she wants a little bit of space...”

“What? Oh my goodness!” Rarity dropped me, gasping profusely. “I’m so sorry darling, I forgot how sensitive you are--”

“Yeah, I get that a lot,” I muttered.

Then I blinked.

“I can talk? I can T--!” My voice disappeared again, and I glowered at the ceiling.

“Maybe you can only talk quietly,” Pinkie suggested. “I’m so so sorry girls, I got the wrong script! Don’t worry though, everything’s going to be a-okay.”

“Talk quietly,” I murmured. “Greeeeat.”

“At least you don’t have it as bad as Jerry,” Jack said morosely. “Whatever this is hit him more then us.” She gave me a sidelong glance. “By the way, are you still you?”

“Was I always Gracie Rivers?”

“Yeah.”

“Then I’m still me.” I flicked my wings, really feeling them for the first time. “Except I lost my hands. If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go looking for that purple unicorn.”

“Ah’ll come with ya. Ah don’t know what’s going on, but somehow Ah think ya might need a little extra help.” Applejack held out a hoof, blocking Jack’s path. “Ya stay here and keep charge of these two.”

“But--” The blue pegasus sighed. “Fine! But you’d better bring her back in one piece!”

Her?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Him! Whatever!”

Come on sugarcube, don’t antagonize tha pony that can break tha sound barrier.”

The orange mare wrapped a hoof around my shoulders, quickly pulling me into the hall. We galloped the direction Twilight had headed, rushing down the stairs with wild abandon. Well, AJ rushed. I glided. Okay, so I wanted to know what it felt like. Give me a break. It wasn’t like we could find her in the chaos around the stairs.

“Ya’ll got any ideas?”

“I never even watched the show,” I deadpanned. “I just dressed up as a favor.”

“Huh. All right then!” AJ walked up to Darth Vader. “Hey! We’re looking for a purple unicorn, can ya’ll do some sort of force detection on her?”

I stared at her. Really? She expected a Sith Lord to just--?

“I did sense a strong presence in the force,” Vader replied. “Centered around a small animal. I was busy with my lightsaber.” He gestured toward a xenomorph, cut in half. I shuddered. “But I believe it went that way.”

“Thank ya kindly...” Applejack looked at the corpse. “Er. Are you sure--?”

“I asked it to stop beforehand,” Vader explaind. “It... didn’t reply... Completely lost.”

A scream interrupted our thought process, and we whirled to see a vampire assaulting... oh geeze. Wow. She must have come from the 18+ room. AJ jumped forward, engaging the vampire, and I discovered another affect of my new form. Namely? Fear. I ran like a little girl.

To my credit, I managed to stop myself in a room filled with Sailor Scouts. “What the hell was that? I just abandoned Mark...” I’d never abandon a friend, right? Well, I never had before. I looked at my hooves in some sort of existential horror. Had this transformation affected me? (yes.) Was I even Gracie anymore? (yes, kind of.) Was that Twilight running from a Balrog? (oh yeah.)

Well, I couldn’t fight a balrog. Not like I was. But, looking around, I saw an ankylosaur rushing around in blind panic, and I finally remembered the one good part of being Fluttershy. I flew over to the dinosaur and fixed him with THE STARE.

“You. Me. We save that unicorn. Don’t argue.”

The ankylosaur nodded, panic giving way to a more directed fear, and I swung behind his head. Twilight caught sight of me and managed to jump onto the back of the armored beasty; the three of us ran through a wall as the Balrog roared, singing our ride with his fire whip and causing a yelp of pain from him.

“Sorry!” That was as loud as I could go. “I’ll, um, patch it up later.”

“Oh Fluttershy, thank you! If you hadn’t--”

Twilight stopped herself when I fixed her with a glower. “Look. Fine. I get that you were more in character. I get that you don’t remember being Jerry. But I am not Fluttershy. I never even saw the show, I just dressed up to make my boyfriend happy, okay? Call me Gracie.”

“...okay.”

I sighed again, feeling the urge to comfort the poor pony, and helped her slide of the dinosaur. “This is a bit stressful for all of us, right? But from what I know, you’re the leader. And if you say you’re Twilight Sparkle...” I cringed. “...then you’re Twilight freaking Sparkle.”

Thanks, Fl--Gracie.” Twilight looked at me with a teary grin. “That... really means a lot.” She tilted her head, as if working on a problem. “And hey, you can talk?”

“Not too loud. If I try to talk too loud, I can’t.” I shrugged. “Must be how I was playing the character. Now come on, fearless leader, we’ve got to regroup.”

Author's Note:

Yep. Darth Vader.

Comments ( 14 )

:D This story has promise!

Well. That was interesting. I wonder who is worse off. Gracie or Twilight.

Clearly Pinkie is worse off. She has the wrong script! :pinkiegasp:

This seems promising, and the concept is actually quite interesting. I'd love to see it expanded on. I can only imagine the scenarios that could stem from this! Hopefully you could continue.

What's the pay per chapter on this one?

5659216

Thought that was how this worked.

Harry Dresden! There must be Harry Dresden! Preferably one who doesn't remember being normal....

Please do more I really like this story

I wonder if anyone dressed as Sunset Shimmer then?

Wouldn't have minded seeing this continued.

Aww, this has so much potential for amusement. It's a shame it's been so long without updates.

Totally tracked just in case.

A Xanadu story? On FiMFiction? It's more likely than you'd think.

Did not expect to see an entry in this universe on this site of all places. Looks pretty dead though.

Login or register to comment