• Published 15th May 2016
  • 1,267 Views, 30 Comments

The Life of Maud Pie - DrakeyC



A series of short stories about Maud. And rocks. But mostly Maud.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,267

Maud Visits the Dragon Lands

“It should be right past this mountain.” Spike pointed a claw outside the chariot being pulled by Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. Behind him sat Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Starlight Glimmer, and Maud. Spike smiled. “The last time I came here it was an amazing journey. I endured blistering winds, scorching desert, traveling for days and nights, risking life and limb…”

“Spike, the last time you visited here was with me and Rarity,” Twilight called over her shoulder. “And I teleported us here.”

“Yeah, but the time before that.” Spike shrugged. “Just saying, flying is nice.”

The chariot passed the mountains and the dragon lands came into view. Rarity recoiled. “Ugh! It smells even worse than last time!”

Maud raised her head and sniffed the air. “Sulfuric ash and geological metamorphosis.”

“Probably from the volcanos.” Spike swept his claw across the horizon and the plumes of smoke rising from the mountains.

“Ah’m more worried about the land than the smell.” Applejack frowned and looked over the side of the chariot. “It’s just dirt and stone for miles. The heck do they eat out here?”

“Remember, dragons eat rocks, gems and other minerals,” Spike recited. “It may look barren to you, but to a dragon this place is a buffet.”

Maud nodded. “The presence of so much volcanic activity would make this a trove of geode formations leading to the growth of various types of crystal.”

“Well, if there’s crystals around, I don’t see any.” Starlight shook her head. “All I see is grey rock and grey stone and occasionally brown dirt.”

The chariot began to descend when a figure flew towards it. Ember circled around the chariot and came around the other side to float beside them. “Hey, ponies! Welcome to the dragon lands! What do ya think? Pretty sweet, right?”

Maud stood and walked to the side of the chariot closest to Ember. “Yes, it is. May I move here?”

The other ponies on the chariot chuckled. Pinkie guffawed. “Oh Maud, you’re such a crack-up!”

“It wasn’t a joke.”