• Published 5th May 2016
  • 488 Views, 2 Comments

The Lone Gaurdian - 21latenighter



Throughout the many years of equestria's history, he has been in the background, silently protecting the ponies of equestria. But what will happen when the greatest alicorn of all time, falls to the nightmare spell...

  • ...
 2
 488

The return of Fury Flight

It was the night before the summer sun celebration, and it was being held in ponyville this year. The mane six were in Twilight's castle, because it being a special day for both Rainbow and all of them together. Rainbow was the most excited though, as she was almost as active as Pinkie Pie. "Tonight is the last night girls, tomorrow I will see fury again!" Rainbow said as she hovered above the ground. Twilight smiled as they all settled in for the night.

The next morning, they were at the balcony, watching the moon. There were four stars beginning to encircle the moon, and the main six began to shake with impatience. The stars then seemed to touch the moon, then the face disappeared. Almost instantly, the sky turned a shade of red, almost a sort of blood red. An ominous feeling came across the friends as a laughter came from everywhere around them. Then a figure appeared descended from the sky, a pitch black alicorn with a flowing blood red mane.

"So this is the resistance that I am to encounter on my return!" the figure declared.

"Oh no, this cannot be good," Twilight said, "Why are you doing this Fury Flight?"

"Fury Flight, I am known as Nightmare Fury!" the figure said as it continued to descend.

"Come on girls, we have to get the elements to heal him, and save equestria," Twilight said as the mane six activated their elements to attack the nightmare.

"You cannot battle me the Elements Of Harmony, I posses the body of a creator of the elements, so they are useless against me!" Nightmare Fury proclaimed.

"We have to try girls," Twilight said as they used the elements. The power of the elements activated, and the rainbow shot out from them towards the Nightmare, but upon reaching him, he used his dark magic to reverse the beam right back at them. The beam struck the mane six, sending them all reeling, and smoke covered the ground around them.

After the smoke cleared, Twilight looked to her right, at the end was Fluttershy, who was unconscious. Rarity was beside her, she had feinted, and her nose had blood oozing out. Applejack was trying to stand beside her, and it was obvious that the true pain was on the inside. Rainbow was to her left, trying to sit, her front left leg was bent at an awkward angle, and her left wing was in a crumpled bloody heap. Pinkie was at the end, in a bloody heap, she seemed more dead than alive.

"my friends..." Twilight said, looking back at her friends.

"Twi...light..." AJ said, "You have to... use the elements again..."

"I can't without the rest of you," Twilight said.

"Twilight... you are the element... of magic..., if you can't do it..., who can," Applejack said through the pain.

"Ok," Twilight said, she then willed her magic to gain the elements from her friends.

"Another pathetic attempt to use the elements I see," the Nightmare said as he touched the ground gently.

"This time I will succeed, and cure you!" Twilight said. She willed her magic to send out a bolt of magic, and then propelled it towards the nightmare.

The bolt made it to the nightmare, but no farther. He simply blocked it with his wing, then used a spell of his own to throw back at Twilight. The dark bolt hit her, and sent her flying backwards clear back by her friends. "So is this how it will end Twilight Sparkle? to lay helplessly at my feet?" the nightmare said as he used his magic to produce a red scythe. "Sometimes the hero can get by many obstacles to stand at the end, and still fail at the last moment," Fury said as he began to walk toward Twilight, all the while slowly raising the scythe up. "Now you must be having a flashback of your life, as the end creeps up on you," Fury said as he stopped in front of Twilight, scythe fully raised. "Long live the princess of Friendship!" Fury said as he swung the scythe downward.

Suddenly a flash of rainbow colors flew in front of Twilight. The scythe stopped...

"If you want to Kill Twilight, then you'll have to kill me too Fury!" Rainbow said, standing on three legs.

"Then so be it Rainbow Dash," Fury said as he raised the scythe back up. Rainbow closed her eyes as she waited for death to release her from the pain.

"NO, I won't let you kill her!" came a voice from inside of the nightmare.

"You have no choice in the matter, I control this body," yelled the nightmare. Just then, a bright light began to illuminate from the tip of the nightmare's horn, then working down the horn. Then his eyes began to have the same effect, and finally the mouth had the light illumination. An explosion happened, and then standing beside Rainbow dash, was a bright and transparent Fury Flight.

"I will not let you harm anypony ever again," Fury roared to the Nightmare.

"I'd like to see you try and stop me!" the nightmare said, his horn beginning to glow an eerie red color. "I have all the same magic you have!"

"But I have something you don't nightmare, since my soul left my body, you are no longer protected from the elements," Fury Flight said as his own horn began to glow. "Twilight, I ask this of you, let me use the elements to defeat him. I can unlock their hidden power and defeat the nightmare for good."

"Ok Fury Flight, but are you sure you can use them?" Twilight asked.

"I am one of the six ponies that created the elements of harmony, I can always use the elements," fury said as his magic gently removed the elements from around Twilight. He then willed his magic to encircle the elements around his horn. they began to spin around his horn, faster and faster, until they were nothing but a blur around his horn. Fury then began to hum a tune, a tune that Twilight recognized as a tune that Rainbow hummed at night when she couldn't sleep.

"Impossible, the song of harmony, NOOOOOO!!!" the nightmare screamed. Fury began the hum low, then began to raise the sound and tempo, the song staying in perfect harmony the whole time. When he reached a tenner, the song ended, and a bright blue aura surrounded Fury Flight. He then looked up at the nightmare and said.

"Your time is this world is over!" and then proceeded to will the aura and magic into a bolt of magic. He propelled the bolt straight into the heart of the nightmare. The bolt pierced the chest of the Nightmare's body, and blood spewed from the wound. He screamed a blood curdling scream as he fell to the ground. the body hit the ground, and a Specter of the Nightmare appeared above the body.

"Did you expect to get rid of me that easily?" the specter said as it began to rush Fury. Fury saw it coming though, and activated the elements. the rainbow beam shot out of his horn and struck the specter. "NOOOO!!!, I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!" the specter yelled as it used the black magic it possessed to fight the spell. Twilight used the strength she had left to will her magic to aid Fury Flight's. The aid was enough to overpower the specter. it screamed and thrashed as it dissipated.

After the shadow disappeared, Fury flight walked back to his body. He reconnected to his body, and life poured into him, but only barely. he looked down to see his life pouring out of his chest. Rainbow hobbled over as fast as she could to Fury. "Your going to be alright Fury, you have to keep trying!" Rainbow said through tears and the pain.

"Not this time Rainbow, I have fought my last fight, and I have to join those who have died before me," Fury struggled to say.

"No, I won't let you leave me again, not like this, not like this," rainbow said, clenching her jaw to try to stop the fit of tears overcoming her.

"It's alright my dear, I have lived a go...od life, and I am ready to leave, but know that I will never leave you Rainbow Dash, I will always be right here," Fury said, pointing to her heart.

"But I don't want you to go," Rainbow said, hiccupping from the tears.

"I know, but it is my time, sometimes even the hero has to die in the end. I... love you.... Rainbow... Dasshhhh....." fury said as the last breath he would breath escaped from his lungs. His hoof fell and his body went limp.

Rainbow bowed her head, and began to wail, as the pain both inside and out began to take it's toll on her. As she calmed down, Fury's horn began to glow a gentle white light. the light began to glow until a sphere of light escaped the horn, causing the horn to go dark once again. "What?" Rainbow said as the sphere floated up to eye level to her. The Sphere then split into two pieces, one half rising into the sky, the other half making its way towards Rainbow. It finally reached her and dissolved into her chest. Instantly her wounds inside and out were healed, and looked like it never happened.

"The gift of the alicorn," a voice rang behind them. Twilight and Rainbow looked behind them to see Princess Celestia standing behind their friends.

"The gift of the alicorn, what is that, and why did it heal me?" Rainbow asked as she flew over to the princess.

"The alicorn's last gift is the gift of life to the one they love," the princess said, starting to tear up. "He gave you that gift, because he truly cared about you, and now you have the task of living the life that he gave to you," the princess said.

"But without him, there is no life for me to live anymore," Rainbow said through fits of tears.

Celestia was now in tears too as she said "I know Rainbow Dash, but what is done is done, and he would want you to live your life to the fullest, but he would not want you to go through life alone," Celestia said as she pointed to her friends. "We need to get them to the castle where we can heal them," Celestia as she motioned for her royal guards to pick up the mane six and take them to the Canterlot castle. A special guard unit was brought to pick up Fury Flight's body.

At the castle, Celestia and Luna were able to heal all of the ponies except for Pinkie Pie. "I am afraid that she is just too far gone, the best we can do is to wish her well on her trip to the beyond," Luna said as she walked into the room where the ponies were waiting. In the room, Twilight and her friends gathered around Pinkie, and she opened her eyes to look at them.

"Hi girls," Pinkie said weakly as she looked around. "Can you girls see it?" she said, pointing to a spot on the wall.

"See what Pinkie?" Twilight asked.

"That bright light, and Fury Flight, he is holding out his hoof to me, I think he wants me to go with him," Pinkie said, a smile coming across her face.

"Go with him Pinkie, he will keep you safe," Rainbow said, with tears in her eyes.

"Wait, he is pointing to you Rainbow," Pinkie said. Rainbow then felt a bit sluggish as a piece of the light left her chest and floated over to Pinkie's chest.

"He said that I am still needed here and I need to be healthy," Pinkie said as the light entered her chest and had the same effect as it did on Rainbow dash.

With the Mane six healed, they now were able to start planning the funeral of one of the bravest ponies they had ever met.