• Published 5th May 2016
  • 486 Views, 2 Comments

The Lone Gaurdian - 21latenighter



Throughout the many years of equestria's history, he has been in the background, silently protecting the ponies of equestria. But what will happen when the greatest alicorn of all time, falls to the nightmare spell...

  • ...
 2
 486

Fury Flight

As Twilight went about her royal duties in Canterlot the next day, whenever she saw Celestia, she always looked saddened by something. When she finally got the courage to ask Celestia what was wrong, Luna pulled her aside into a room in the castle.

"I could see the look in your eyes as you approached my sister, but you will not get the information you seek," Luna said quietly as if Celestia was listening in on their conversation.

"How do you know what I was going to ask her about?" Twilight asked surprised. Luna sat down, and as she did, tears started to flow down her face and roll off her chin.

"He said he would never let the spell hurt me again," Luna whimpered. "OHH WHHHYYYY TWWIILLIGHT, WHHYYY did he have to leave!" Luna sobbed.

"I didn't realize that you and the lone guardian had had a history together," Twilight said, beginning to cry herself.

"you were never told Twilight?" Luna whispered.

"told about what?" Twilight asked, rubbing her eyes.

"That Fury Flight is our... brother," Twilight was so shocked that she fell over. "He is our older brother, older than Celestia and myself," Luna said quietly. "Tia has been heartbroken for a few nights, and it is all I can do to soothe her into a sleep. she once told me that our brother would sit by her for many a night, and talk about what we would do when I was freed," Luna said.

"Why would you and Celestia hide that from everypony?" Twilight asked.

"Tia thought it would break the balance of harmony, and my brother didn't want to have a lot of attention paid to him," Luna said. "She feared that it would cause unrest and rebellion among the ponies of equestria," Luna added. "Out of all of the ponies in this world, my brother was one of the only ponies to truly know my night. He would sit out every night and look at the stars, name the constellations, and even made a few new ones," Luna said gently chuckling. She then fell back into her depressed state and said "and now he will never again see my night," Luna said, beginning to cry again. Twilight put her hoof on Luna's shoulder, comforting her, then promised to keep her secret and not talk to Princess Celestia yet.