• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 1,350 Views, 23 Comments

Love Me, for My Name is Twaith - Michael Hudson

  • ...
13
 23
 1,350

The End of them All

Twilight sat down, staring at the grave before her. The name on it that of a lover, and the date constantly changing, depending upon the mare or stallion she had found to be with. Each one though, it ended like this. With her, silently crying as she stared at the gravestone. Some were larger, some were in the middle of a desert with merely a purple hat with stars on it, and even one that was small, but surrounded by family members.

The wraith backed away slightly, a tear coming down her face as she drifted back. A claw came against the back of her head as green markings shined along her cloak, and the shell necklace on her neck hummed with the sounds of chaos and destruction. She glanced back, and smiled towards the horror that stood above her. “I suppose this is what was to be. It just… hurts I guess.”

Cthulhu slowly came into the light cast by the bobble he had made her to look between dimensions. It had been eons ago when he first offered her his claw, and while she had waited, and forced the eldritch being to be at his best behavior for far longer than he was used to, it had all been worth it. His kitten pone was truly now his kitten pone, and she had made the aether he lived in a paradise. He spoke for a moment consoling her for the universes of others, but it was merely because time would always be a cruel mistress.

“I know, and I know you’re probably tired of me always demanding to come back here on our anniversaries. I just… I like to see what could have been.”

He nodded as a small burbling came from his great maw. As much as he protested, universe gazing was a favorite past time of his too, though he often times used it to pick how to terrorize the next one he would frequent. He let one of his claws glide along the bauble, and it sped up the key moment in each universe.

The Twilight in each of them now had her head in her hooves as she openly wept, just as she had in each of their’s funerals. In the ones with rain, she would stop, and look up as the rain stopped, while the others got a gentle stroke along the top of their heads. When she looked back, she was always greeted by the two figures, waiting for her now.

The universes began to branch again as Twilights decided to hug Celestia instead of Luna, and vice versa. These were the moments that made Twilight begin to tear up, as she remembered hugging Luna herself. Though, her royal sisters had made up with each other completely, and both been her lovers. “Can we go to our meeting?”

Cthulhu nodded, and spun the globe again. Most kept spinning, while only a handful stopped early. These showed a Cthulhu in a rather dapper suit, cane, and top hat combo. He had always been proud of the outfit, and Twilight put a hoof on his claw as the two began to dance. The globe then began to blur again, showing brief images of gentle pets, filly days when she would be tickled into nap time, and even Cthulhu giving her her own universe to play in. When they all stopped though, was when they were old, decayed, and cracked. They all came together into two orbs, either her having already courted Cthulhu, or not. He extended his hand in each, and while some jumped in eagerly, others trudged onto it. All had their Spike’s fortunately, which always made Twilight smile.

And then, nothing, as the universes of Equestria shattered into nothing.

“But no matter what,” Twilight said as she floated up to Cthulhu’s cheek, “we end up with one another, as we should.” She then leaned in, and pecked the elder god on the cheek. Just as he had for centuries, he let out a happy burble, and his tentacle maw turned ever so slightly more pink. Twilight wasn’t done with her gifts though as she laid on his shoulder. “Say, I learned a new itching spell. Do you want to see how effective it is? I bet Hastur would love to be a test subject.”

Cthulhu smiled, as the two summoned their magic.

In a matter of moments, in his own chambers of aether, sat an octopoid in a throne. He enjoyed the regal setting he had made for himself, and he overlooked his court of minions. Yes, this was where Hastur enjoyed being, and where he found solace between family reunions. “I know I could go another millennium before I see that smug brother of mine and his ‘kitten pone’, She isn’t even a-”

He was cut off by what felt like an intrusion. That was impossible though. No one would dare attack him not in his home. But still something felt off, and now his arm felt… odd. He brought over a clawed hand to his arm, and for the first time in eternity, he scratched it.

Within the hour, he would be quite familiar with the feeling, and the accompanying action, as his whole body would not stop feeling like fire ants were crawling on it. Unbeknownst to the great Hastur, a happy couple gazed from their own realm, burbling and laughing at his torment, just as they had, and would, for so many, many years.

Author's Note:

Twaithulhu is love, Twaithulhu is life.

Comments ( 17 )

Cute yet terrifying. I can't wait to see all the things you do in Twaith that lead to this.

I say, my dear J.

'Tis quite a sight, you have brought to light.

I refer to this story. Your mind is quite the story quarry!

How about the shimmering twilight next?
Her end will come from sacrificing her own life to save Equis from a great evil.

she drifted back.A claw camme against

1. Forgot your spacing. Came.

I guess these chapters are finally able to... scratch our shopping itches.

Well fuck?! Morbid much?

Well this will certainly be interesting. Maybe I can give suggestions after I've seen how this is supposed to work. I was never good at participating in comment-driven stories... :facehoof:

7180110 I assume you meant 'shipping'? :derpytongue2:

good story I be watch it like a hawk. and seeing Twaith with other would be fun to read, but part of me also want to see other ship mix in it as well, but I vote for sunset and twaith next chapter.

7181055 Curse you Autoincorrect!!! But yes, I did:derpytongue2:

It's good.

I don't think its quite what I'm looking for, but it reminds me a lot of Fear Me when it first started, in terms of tone: Light and fun.

You did good, Jumble.

While a good start more or less...it's already rather morbid. I get that it's the immortal's perspective and you can't escape that...but sticking it right at the start of the story like this...

Well, it really needs more cutesy of the shipping and less of the serious, in my opinion.

I like it. Keep up the good work and write what you want to write. Fuck the haters.

that was aDARKable. :twilightoops:

7182531 agree take all the trolls and haters and send them on a one way trip into the sun or nearest black hole, or trap them in room with piss off pinkie pie and discord....

7472545 Not... super well, though the group acknowledges which are super important. I should probably look into making one though.

As for my suggested order, off the top of my head, I would say to wait until Twilight is in Ponyville to read almost any of them. However, ones like Twaith Tries to Masturbate, It's Kind of a Spectrometer, and even Sunset, The Royal Student, don't really matter, as they're more akin to the opening chapters of Twaith anyways, though Spectrometer may confuse.

Another way to go about it, is to read the main story, Fear Me, until you get to the links for the sequels, as each are promoted within the story themselves.

8646700
Dawn is just sunlight at the start of the day :trollestia:

7472583
Why is this cancelled?

Login or register to comment