• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 260 Views, 0 Comments

The Day Time Stood Still - Silver Mist The bat pony



Time is a strange thing. A thing that never seems to slow. Time, still, such as other things is fragile. One little slip and It all may shatter. Only one pony can pick up the peices. Now theres only one problem. Where is he?

  • ...
 0
 260

168:00:00

Twilight stood at the door to her castle, watching as the sun departed, leaving an orange tinted sky for a short time. "Twilight? Are you alright?" The purple pony had jumped at the sound of the shy yellow pegasus's voice.
"Flutters, you scared me." Twilight told her friend, giving a small chuckle to calm her nerves.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just saw you and got curious." Fluttershy spoke. Twilight had nodded, finding it a fair reason.
"Well, I'm fine. For now, anyway." She spoke.
"What do you mean by that?" The yellow pegasus has asked. Twilight seemed to have ignored the question, returning her attention to the sky.

"Fluttershy, I have a plan. A brilliant plan. One that could change the foundation of our world as we know it. For the better of course." Twilight explained to her curious friend.
"Twilight, what are you talking about?" Fluttershy asked, confused by her friends vaugeness. Twilight walked past the pony and into the castle.

The castles dark color scheme seemed to spoke Fluttershy more than it ever had before. She calmed herself. "Twilight, where are we going?" Flutters asked. Twilight once again ignored her as she moved into the throne room.

"Fluttershy, what if there where a device that could freeze time for a set ammount of time?" Twilight had turned to get friend for a reaction.
"That's absurd. How could something like that exist?" Flutters asked. Twilight reached to the left of her throne and pulled a lever.

The ground seemed to shake as the throne slowly moved bakwards like a pony moonwalking while strutting. "Um, Twilight, please tell me you didn't do something over the top." Fluttershy begged, hopeing for a no.
"Fluttershy, I have the ability to stop all time and restart it at will. Fluttershy, I'm a goddamn god." Twilight spoke, a smile creeping onto her face.

Without warning, Twilight jumped,doen the stairs, Fluttershy reluctently following.
...
The underground lab was surprisingly impressive. The walls where a white with multiple chalkboards and papers sticking to them, cubicles surrounded the walls and some where even nailed to the walls and had stairs to enter them.

The thing that really caught Fluttershys eye was the middle of the room. There, in a metal platform, surrounded by a powerful glass, was a box.
"I see you found the machine, Flutters." Twilight spoke, revealing her presence.
Fluttershy jumped.
"Please never do that again." Fluttershy spoke. Twilight rolled her eyes and walked right past her.

"This machine is what I've been speaking about. A machine that freezes time for as long as set to do so. This machine can be useful for scientific study of animals faster than even us. Now, I'm sure you are wondering how you protect yourself from the shockwave that stops time. Well, we've developed a bracelet that a pony may wear that can keep the pony from being frozen itself."

Fluttershy seemed to soak it all in. "Okay. But you still don't see something dangerous about this?" She asked. The purple pony seemed to give her a curious look.
"We're surrounded by the greatest scientists in equestria and have Celestia close by during the development of this. I say if something goes wrong, one of those two forces will have to put a stop to it. So stop worrying. We've even tested it. Come on, I'll show you what this thing can do." Twilight motioned for her to come foward.

"I'm still not sure. I'm gonna go, alright?" Fluttershy spoke before turning back to the stairs.
"Alright. See you soon Flutters." Twilight spoke before returning her attention to the machine.
...
Fluttershy looked back at the stair case for a long while, thinking if she should go back down there. "Come on, Fluttershy. You can trust your friends. You've got to." Fluttershy took a deep breath and walked back down.

The lab was being destroyed. Scientists where being pulled from their cubicles into the air, the walls began to crumble, revealing the dirt behind, flooding the lab in seconds.
"Twilight!" Fluttershy yelled, hoping her friend was still okay. She felt a hoof grab her hair and run her back up the stairs, letting her fall to the ground when it go.

Twilight pulled the lever, closing off the lab.
"Twilight, we're in major trouble." The scientist spoke.
"I know that Whooves! Let me think!" Twilight lashed out.
"We at least should leave the box down there if that was your plan." Whooves spoke.
"Wait...the box! Whooves, the time was given a set time to start, and this extra is all happening because it wasn't given an end time! If we can set it to the shortest time possible, then everything will turn out fine!" Twilight spoke, stamping her hoof.

"Alright, that could work, but what if it was tampered with in that regard as well?" Whooves asked.
"When I tinkered with it myself, I installed a security measure. If The end time is tampered with, then it'll set to one week of time." Twilight spoke.

Everyone, though hesitant, went along with the plan. They pulled the lever and walked back down the stairs.
...
Things where still hectic. Dirt was still flooding, cubicles where smashed, and scientists bodies where on the ceiling, most dead. Twilight looked and found the box in the middle of the room. The three ran towards it.

"Twilight, do your thing." Whooves spoke. Twilight began talking at the lets on the right of the box, grabbed her I.D card and swiped it, and pressed one last button. The three prayed that it would work.
"End time set. Thank you." The machine spurred out.
"Alright guys. Put these on." Twilight spoke, giving the two ponies a braclet.

"Registration required." The braclet spoke. Twilight ripped the thing off the yellow ponys wrist.
"Takes too long. Looks like you'll be frozen after all." Twilight spoke before grabbing her hoof. "Just not here." The three ran up the stairs. "Alright, Whooves, Fluttershy, eat these muffins. When time stops, you won't be able to eat even if your not frozen."

The three began eating.
"Are we going to get out of this Twilight? Are we gonna survive?" Fluttershy asked.
"Yes. I promise. It'll be like taking a week long nap." Twilight told her. "Close your eyes, Fluttershy. We'll see you soon." Twilight spoke. The yellow pony closed her eyes and laid down.

"Let's go, Whooves." Twilight spoke. The two walked out the castle doors. Then, everything went white.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment