• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 559 Views, 26 Comments

The Origins of a Pegasus - Snowliasion



You've seen her get a book, you've seen her crash into objects, now see how she became who she is today.

  • ...
3
 26
 559

Meetings and Revelations

Today was going to suck. Days like these made me wish I was back in Elementary School. Gone were the blissful days of frolicking with Touch and Autumn. No instead these times had been replaced with long hours of studying and tons of homework that never seemed to end.

I scowled at my notebook and saw that Autumn Breeze was doing the same next to me. She and I had gone to this new school together and she probably hated that decision as much as I did right now. Luckily we had been placed into the same class together as requested by our parents which had taken a good amount of pleading and whining on our side.

Today's test was super boring and my fellow class mates clearly felt the same way. My eyes drifted towards Autumn Breeze again, or more specifically towards her flank. No, not like that you perverts, I was way too grumpy for such thoughts, sheesh.

No, the green pegasus had gotten her cutiemark last week, It was a bird with spread wings imposed over a rising sun, which depicted her love of rising early in the morning I guess and I was incredibly jealous of that fact.

Then I felt her gaze on me and looked up as she tilted her head, her eyes meeting mine with amusement. "Admiring the goods?" The cheeky mare dared to ask me and I felt my cheeks heat up, I had that reaction a lot lately when I was caught looking at her.

"N-no," I lied giving her my best winning smile, "I just thought I dropped something." Almost nailed it Snowy I thought, until her smirk told me she wasn't buying any of it.

She wiggled her flank at me which instantly drew my attention again and chuckled quietly. "Don't worry Snowy, I know how you feel about my cutiemark and I'm sure that yours will show up soon enough." I nodded hoping with all my heart my best friend was right about that.

I was about to reply when somepony next to me cleared his throat loudly. Looking up we were greeted by the face of Mr Copper Quill, our teacher, looming over us. "Something to share with the class young ladies?" He asked in an admonishing voice. "May I remind you two that we are in the middle of a rather important test?"

Shaking our heads we quickly focused on our notebooks again mumbling our apologies. "No Mr Quill, it won't happen again sir." Mollified by our sincere apology the unicorn made his way back to his desk at the front of the class. And everypony resumed the work they were doing.

The school bell rang and all of us hastily turned our papers in at Mr Quill's desk. After giving us our homework for next week he dismissed us with a smile. "Alright fillies and gentlecolts, enjoy your weekend and I'll see you all again Monday morning."

Cheering we all dumped our books into our saddlebags then rushed out of the classroom. Thank Celestia it was finally the weekend!

After leaving the grounds of Canterlot Preparatory School or Canterlot Prep as we called it. Autumn and I flew off towards a nearby park to meet up with our friend, Subtle Touch. The colt was being homeschooled after an incident at school related to his unfortunate name. Yet I remembered that day fondly.

Initially he had attended Canterlot Prep with us. During the first few weeks there, some bullies had decided it would be amusing to harass Touch about his name. Usually the colt ignored them being the bigger pony in the matter. Until one day the bullies went too far.

It was a Thursday afternoon back then and the three of us were walking down a hallway towards the exit when a couple of colts blocked our way. Grinning with sheer malice they singled out Subtle Touch.

One of them, an earth pony, came up to Autumn and grabbed her by the flanks. Before she could turn around and snap at him for the offense he let her go. Snarking at our colt friend he said, "Oops, sorry Touch, of course feeling these two up is your job!"

Something about the way Touch narrowed his eyes at the colt should have warned me. Out of nowhere, Touch spun around and quick as lightning bucked the colt squarely in the face. The sickening crunch of a very broken nose that followed instantly dissuaded the other colts from further action.

Naturally Touch got suspended for this and it was decided that home schooling would be a better alternative for our friend. Yet Autumn and I were proud of him. He had stood up for himself and had defended Autumn's honor.

As it turns out, flying while reminiscing on happy memories instead of paying attention to where you're flying isn't very smart. A big grabby willow tree in the park was kind enough to remind me of that rather important fact

My vision was filled with leaves and twigs all of a sudden when I slammed into a thick branch. Groaning I shook my head trying to make the horizon stop spinning. Stupid tree, couldn't it see I was flying here?

Soon laughter filled my ears as I saw Subtle Touch looking up at me from the ground. "Snowy? I think that you should work on your landing technique." The colt snarked.

"Har har!" I snapped at him with a scowl. "Stop laughing at me and catch me instead." Then I slid off the branch and let myself drop knowing that he would catch me.

As expected Touch had been ready the whole time and caught me with a warm smile. Meanwhile I saw Autumn land not to far from us. She snickered, "When you're done kissing trees, can we start deciding out where to go?"

I rolled my eyes at her and kissed Touch's nose before getting to my hooves. "Mhm where shall we hang out this afternoon Touch?"

"Well, there is always Donut Joe's" Touch offered as Autumn cantered over to us kissing his nose as well. "They even allow blank flanks like Snowy there," he said while eyeing me playfully. Now I wanted that kiss back.

I whirled around and squeaked. "You're one t—" I fell silent as I got a look at his flank. No longer blank, it now had an image of two hooves massaging a wing.. My jaws moved a few more times but no sounds were coming out.

Autumn noticed it too and pointed a hoof at him. "Touch! You have your cutiemark!?" She exclaimed. Surprise evident in her voice as she too was stunned.

Subtle Touch smirked and nodded proudly which was deserved. "Yeah it appeared this very morning when I massaged the sore hoof of a neighbourhood filly. There was a bright flash and tadaa!" I couldn't believe it. I was the last one in our little group to get mine. No fair.

Autumn recovered first go figure and bounced in place as she beamed a huge smile at our friend. A smile that only grew after she gave his cutiemark a closer look. "We should so celebrate this!" She remarked and to be fair I could only agree wholeheartedly with her.

I must have let something show on my face though, since the next moment they both turned to me and smiled tenderly. "Yours is due any day now Snowy," Autumn said and then did something unexpected. She kissed me softly her eyes full of love and sympathy.

I nodded dumbly and blinked with a blush on my face. "Yeah can't be long now huh?" Leaving the park, the three of us started on our way to Joe's restaurant. Surely a strawberry donut with chocolate sprinkles would cheer me up, though Autumn had done a lot to pick me up already.

As expected of him Joe's donuts were a great idea. The older stallion smiling at our little herd. "Afternoon youngsters. Same as always?" When we nodded he put a plate with our usual selection of various donuts and three shakes on the counter while Touch put some bits down on the counter. Such a gentlecolt.

Both Autumn and I gave our friend a surprised look. But he simply shrugged at us and smiled. "Hey I got my cutiemark and my allowance today so naturally I treat you both." His own surprise came shortly after though when a hoof pushed his bits back to him.

We looked up at Joe and he winked at us. "A regular like you gets to celebrate discovering their special talent with a complimentary round on the house." Moving on Joe greeted another pony who had entered the place after us.


Smacking my lips, I cleaned the frosting from them with a few swipes of my tongue before speaking up." I heard there is a new Prima Donna book coming out. And I think I will save my allowance to go and buy it on release day." I really loved reading and both of my friends knew that very well.

"Yeah I thought you would want it," Subtle Touch replied as he finished his shake and started on his second donut. He had a weird habit of licking the frosting off first.

Autumn nodded also, But her muzzle was too stuffed with gooey donut filling to utter a more proper reply. How did that pegasus stuff so much in her muzzle anyway?

Mysteries of life I guess. Finishing my own shake and donut I got onto my hooves and ruffled my wings a second. They felt a bit sore from my intimate relations with the local flora . And I entertained the thought of having Touch massage them later. I was still thinking about it when we left Joe's.


On our way to my home after parting with Subtle Touch I rounded a corner on Mane Street and ran straight into a unicorn filly. Startled the two of us fell onto the ground in a heap of bodies and limbs.

The unicorn who appeared to be little older than myself was swiftly helped to her hooves by her friend. An entirely too pink earth pony mare with a mauve mane and tail. "Are you alright Crystal?" She inquired, shooting me a glace while Autumn helped me to my hooves to see if I was fine as well..

"Yes Velvet I'm fine thank you." The white unicorn apparantly named Crystal replied. She had a beautiful blonde mane with pink stripes and a coat as pristine white as mine. Regarding me with concern in her eyes she asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded sheepishly and scuffed my hoof against the sidewalk. "Yeah I'm sorry I bumped into you. I wasn't paying much attention as my mind was elsewhere."

She shook her head nickering kindly. "Oh, well, nopony got hurt so it's all okay. Come on Velvet, we've got to get to Quills and Sofas. I need to pick up some more supplies." Waving goodbye the two fillies went on their way, leaving Autumn and I staring after them.

Watching them go Autumn turned to me and asked, "Don't they attend Canterlot Prep as well Snowy? I swear I saw them during lunch break once or twice."

I shrugged my wings but gave a nod. The two of them did look familiar, Crystal and Miley? No, but still familiar. So many ponies went to Canterlot Prep after all. "You might be right Autumn," I said as we walked on.


When we reached my home I found my mother in the yard. She raised an eyebrow as we made our way to her and clucked her tongue disapprovingly upon seeing my ruffled coat. "What happened this time sweetheart?" she asked being worried despite the disapproving look.

I rubbed one forehoof with the other and offered the mare a bashful grin. "A tree in the park on our way to Subtle Touch decided it wanted to hug me mom." I mumbled while she began grooming and preening me.

She smiled at Autumn Breeze and inclined her head. "Hello Autumn dear you're keeping Snowy out of trouble again?" She said playfully while sharing a chuckle with my best friend at my expense.

Nodding, my favorite backstabber replied, "Sure thing Mrs Storm. However her crashing was not on the schedule." To which my mother nodded nuzzling the back of my ear. "We planned to do our homework together."

"I see." Mother nickered, thinking for a second. "Well if you fillies go upstairs to freshen up and get your homework ready. Then I will come up in a bit to bring you drinks and some snacks. Does that sound good?" She knew it did as she had our full attention, Mom's snacks were the best.

Nodding eagerly Autumn and I cantered into the house and dashed upstairs to wash up. Heading towards my room we shrugged our saddlebags off and started on our homework together. Making ourselves comfortable on the nest of pillows and comforter that littered my bed.


Two hours and the promised refreshments later our work was done. While idly stroking me with her wing Autumn asked, "Hey Snowy? I wondered. Do you ever think about what you want to become when you're older?"

I shivered at her touch and furrowed my brow a moment. Why was I affected by her affections so much lately? I had to ask my mother tonight. Maybe I was getting sick and was extra sensitive or something.

I shrugged at her. "I guess that I wouldn't mind trying a weather related job or maybe see if I can become an archiver or such. I do love to read after all."

Autumn nodded as she got up and stuffed her books and paperwork back into her saddlebags. "I am thinking of becoming a mailmare or work for a delivery service."

Smiling I headed downstairs after the pegasus. Delivery? That sounded terribly boring. No thunderclouds or ancient tomes in that career. "Sounds Fun!" I exclaimed however. Not wanting to hurt my friend's feelings while I hugged her at the door seeing her out.

"It does, doesn't it? See you again tomorrow." She nickered spreading her beautiful wings, then kissed me again before launching into the air. I could only watch in stunned silence as she flew off. My heart beat faster as I regarded her shapely rump a second, okay, several seconds, what was wrong with me?


That evening I sat next to my to mother while she read her Cosmare. A magazine that I was not allowed to read for some reason. I nudged her shoulder and said, "Mom? I think I'm getting sick."

She put her article down and turned to me with some concern. "How so sweetheart? Are you feeling nauseous or in pain?" She asked looking me over critically. "Because you don't look very ill at first glance dear."

I shook my head. I wasn't feeling sick in the flu way. "No mom but when Autumn touches me or I stare at her for some time I suddenly feel hot and my heart beats faster. Maybe I'm sensitive or caught something?" I explained. My mother's expression softened becoming tender.

Pulling me close to her she soothed me with soft kisses to my brow and ears. "You're fine sweetheart it just means that my little filly is maturing." She said giving me a loving smile, "What you feel is attraction towards Autumn Breeze, it means you are starting to show interest in her beyond friendship my sweet Snowy. It is normal for fillies and colts your age and nothing to fear."

I understood the gist of it but a thought hit me. "But mom we're both mares!" I blurted out feeling very confused at that prospect and turned uncertain eyes at my mother. She stared back at me with a soft smile as if it was the most normal thing in the whole of Equestria.

She laughed and embraced me more tightly, holding me like she had when I were younger and scared of something. "Such feelings happen Snowy. Some of us love stallions, some of us love other mares and some even like them both if not equally than to some degree. In time your body will tell you what you prefer. Trust me baby girl."

I nodded softly against my mother's chest and closed my eyes. My ears laying flat against my mane as her explanation only took a part of my worries away.

I had a lot to think about that night.

Author's Note:

And chapter three is done everybody. I hope you all enjoy this next chapter while I work hard on the next one.

- Snow

Sunbeam, Velvet Step and Crystal Wishes belong to Crystal Wishes
Subtle Touch belongs to Iryerris

Found the hidden cameo?