• Published 29th May 2016
  • 5,505 Views, 96 Comments

Satsui no Hado in Equestria - Frogace55



One second I'm cosplaying as Akuma at a con with my friends, the next I'm in the middle of the Everfree. But you wanna know something? Finishing my outfit was worth it.

  • ...
37
 96
 5,505

Round 9: Nature's (Latent) Fury

The walk to Fluttershy’s place was a chance for me to prepare myself for many scenarios. One of those scenarios was NOT fighting a bear, as I was currently doing.

It started simply enough, I arrived at the cottage and knocked. No one answered, so I decided to wait for her. After maybe twenty minutes, I began to mediate. That was when everything started to go downhill. Her bunny must have saw me and alerted every other creature of my presence.
They were a mild annoyance at first, as they just shouted. Nothing more than a test of my patience. It stopped after three minutes and I honestly thought they were done.

Then came the bear.

He went for a bear hug that I narrowly evaded by rolling back. He let me stand (thankfully) before he started his onslaught of attacks. I could have ended the fight quickly (and almost did), but I saw the smirk on the bunny’s face. He wanted me to knock the bear out. Why, I had a stupid idea, but just the spite that bunny, I stayed on the defensive.

It was weird for me, not pushing the attack. I was used to either being the main attacker in a fight or looking for a opening. Due to the nature of this fight, however, an attack or counter of any kind was a bad idea. The last thing I wanted was for Fluttershy to show up just as I ‘won’ and hit me for a 40+ hit combo, especially with whatever unknown power she held.

Fortunately, the Ashura Senku proved to be a very useful technique, as it allowed me to phrase through any grapples the bear tried. His other attacks were a perfect time to practice parrying and, after a miss or two, I could do rather well.

So caught up in this ‘dance,’ I almost missed Fluttershy’s arrival, only detecting her because of that overwhelming power she had. She had her hands full of groceries.

“Harry,” The bear flinched at the mention of what I believed to be his name, even though it wasn’t said any louder than the wind from one of my strikes. “Would you be a dear and help me with these?” Harry sighed in relief and took two boxes from Fluttershy. Fluttershy whispered into Harry’s ear after her load was lightened and the bear paled.

I decided that it would be wise to assist Fluttershy at that exact moment.

After everything was put away, Fluttershy and I sat down, her at a table and myself on the floor. We sat in silence for awhile. Surprisingly, she was the first to speak.

“I’m sorry about Harry.” She said.

“No worries. It was unexpected here, but kinda soothing.” I said, shrugging. A quick scan of the room allowed me to see the face of the bunny. It was a perfect mix of shock and anger.

“I don’t want to pry, but ‘unexpected here?’ What do you mean?”

“Fights are common back home. I learned from the streets and took classes. How I got to where I am.”

I looked to see Fluttershy’s face had… pity and concern?

“Are you always fighting?” She asked.

“No,” Fluttershy sighed in relief. “But, I have been fighting so long that it has allowed me to spot another fighter. Like you. I don’t know why but I felt a power rivalling my own yesterday coming from you.”

Fluttershy was stunned. “Mmmme?”

“Yes, you.”

“The weird part was as soon as you noticed me, it disappeared.”

“Then it couldn’t be me.”

“Except that’s also how I knew when you arrived.” I paused. “I don’t feel it now, though.”

Fluttershy looked like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. I considered what it could mean, before dismissing it.

“In any case, I respect that power. If you find out how to use it, I would love to spar you. Very few can rival my power without using dark arts.”

I stood up and bowed. “Goodbye lass, I’ll see you later.”

I stepped out of the cottage and walked just out of sight of the windows. Sure enough, I felt the power again. Must be tied to emotion. I wonder which one?

I turned to head home to be confronted by three manticores, two with some semi-healed bites and scratches and one with burnt fur. They looked at me, baring their fangs.

“Do I know you?” I asked. The burnt one growled and leaped… into a roundhouse, sending him through three trees.

“No, seriously, am I supposed to know you?” I asked. The smaller wounded one leaped at me. Gonna get sick of this real fast.

“Messatsu…” I uppercutted the beast twice, breaking a couple of its bones. “Goshoryu!” I landed a third uppercut cloaked in purple energy. The blow sent the beast just over the tree line before it hit every branch on a tree on the way down.

I addressed the final beast, flaring my full power. “You attack, YOU DIE.”

It leaped at me as well. This time I raised a single hand to the sky and waited for the second before contact. Then I struck the earth with the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan. Everything within a 40-foot radius was hit by the extremely high-powered blast and it could be seen for miles.

“I did warn you, stupid beast.” I sat in the crater I made to catch my breath. The Kongou Kokuretsu Zan was a very powerful technique, but as I wasn’t anywhere near the power level Akuma was when he invented the technique, it was extremely draining to use at full power.

After five minutes of rest, I was ready to move again. I climbed out of the crater to come face-to- face with a striped lass. “If I were you, I wouldn’t be so brash. No one would like to encounter the one who made that flash.”

“So, don’t look in a mirror? I can do that,” I snickered. “May I ask your name?”

“Zecora is the name. You say the crater is yours to blame?”

“Indeed, and my name is Gouki.”

No later than the moment I said my name, she entered a fighting stance.

“Normally, I wouldn’t mind a spar, but I have other places to be.” I said and walked past her.

“The ‘Great Ogre’ wishes to take flight? I see your Bark is worse than your bite.”

I stopped. “I may not be at full power yet,” I closed my eyes to sense her strength. “But I am strong enough to easily beat you. DON’T push it.”


‘Nightmare’ was late. This wasn’t a surprise, considering last night question and the fact ‘Nightmare’ was technically sneaking out every night to meet me. I decided to pass the time in a mirror match.

After three rounds, ‘Nightmare’ arrived and she was... off-center to put it mildly.

“SHE KNOWS!” She shouted.

“One: who is ‘she?’ and two: knows what?” I asked, confused.

“Luna knows I can leave the barrier. Buck me sideways with a rusty spoon.”

I smiled. “Perfect. The pieces fall into play.”

“What do you mean perfect? Tomorrow-”

“She be here for you to fight. I’ll make sure she can’t use any tricks. Think of it as a final exam.”

“I’m not ready.” ‘Nightmare’ said.

“The question from yesterday. Answer it and you will be.”

I sat to meditate and motioned for her to join me.

“Something tells me you know. Now find where in your mind that you know.”

We sat like that until it was time for me to awaken.

“I know” was all she said.

Author's Note:

Finally done with setting up the next fight.

And for those wondering about how much power Gouki has right now, He's almost par with Evil Ryu.