• Published 29th May 2016
  • 5,505 Views, 96 Comments

Satsui no Hado in Equestria - Frogace55



One second I'm cosplaying as Akuma at a con with my friends, the next I'm in the middle of the Everfree. But you wanna know something? Finishing my outfit was worth it.

  • ...
37
 96
 5,505

Round 14: The Journey...

The medics arrived rather quickly and tended to the injured. With them were both princesses and the five element bearers that came with me. Only Rainbow and Luna even had scratches, but they were nothing major, just some bruises.


“I believe next time you’ll honor my agreements better, so stuff like this doesn’t happen.” I said.


Before anyone could say anything, Rainbow charged at me. “You knew this would happen!” She shouted.


I sidestepped the charge. “I knew something would happen during consul, yes. I figured someone would teleport in or something of the sort. I still could have stopped it much faster IF I was allowed in. Sadly, SOMEONE didn’t honor a bet that was a win-win all around.”


Celestia raised an eyebrow at this. “And what, pray tell, was the bet?”


“That the one you call ‘Nightmare Moon’ could best Luna in fair combat. If Luna won, I’d separate them. However, she lost and had to arrange transport for at least me and her.” I pointed to Mirror, who shied away from the attention. “Instead, Luna sends seven tickets, intent on sending the element bearers and me.” I turned to Twilight. “By the way, how did you decide Applejack would stay? I am grateful, but curious.”


“When you left to work, Applejack said with your help, she was a bit ahead of schedule and said she’d stay as a thank-you.” I nodded at this explanation. “Also, she expects you day after tomorrow.”


I nodded at that. “Of course. As I was saying, I was extremely delayed by the inept guards and fact this place is like a maze. Luckily, I found someone to assist me. He was the one who got the medics and witnessed the fight after I stepped in.”


Both princesses gave me a look. “You say you stepped in, but why?” Luna asked.


“I hate those who use another as their own plaything.” I motioned to Mirror. “She wasn't in control of herself during that attack.”


“How do you know?” Celestia asked.


“The fool that controlled her spoke to me. He said he was ‘impressed’ with my power.” I shook my head. “That was still holding back.”


“Holding back?” Rainbow spoke up. “She looks like you threw her through a tornado!”


“Are we still on a mountain?” I simply asked.


“You couldn't!” Twilight shouted. “The force required to do such a thing could sink an island!”


“Which I can do…” I let my words settle in their minds before I started to walk out.


“You can’t possibly be that strong, not with how you act. Not in the waking world.” Luna said.


I really don’t feel up to this back and forth after that fight. My performance was subpar at best and I need to train. “I care not what you think about my strength and I tire of your constant barking. If you truly wish to test me,” I faced her and entered a basic fighting stance. “Do it with actions, not words.”


Most of the others in the room gasped, while Luna and Celestia had no reaction. I didn’t know why and I was too angry to actually care. Only one thing mattered to me: That my first real fight here was only won because I wasn’t the target. In my excitement of new moves, I was slipping in basics. This had to be remedied soon or I’d become a bigger joke than Sean.


“Not while you look like you could collapse at any moment.” Luna said, her gaze softening a tiny bit, perhaps in pity.


“Then do not speak to me about how one should act with power.” I said.


“I wield-”


“I care not if you say you could throw stars through the sky or me through a wall. What I have seen of your powers are not more than illusions and trickery. The spirit may be your battleground, but mine is the body.” With that said, I left, intent on finding somewhere to practice.


As it turned out, there was a couple training rooms rather nearby. All of them have at least three other beings inside, mostly ponies with bat wings punching sandbags or each other. I picked the least occupied one and, since the bag were taken but the rings were open, began to stretch in the ring. After I finished with that, I began to do basic kicks. Axe, snap, and roundhouse kicks were some of the many that whistled through the air. The sounds from the punching bags began to fade away as I became one with my moves and my kicks gained power.


Eventually, I finished with my kicking practice and moved to punches. That part of the session was short-lived as one of the others in the room stepped into the ring. “Not bad. Not many stick to hand-to-hand in the guard long enough know those techniques.”


“I do not wish to chat.” I said.


“No, but you need to rest.” He said.


“Not while my techniques are sloppy.”


The pony stared in shock. “Sloppy? SLOPPY! I haven’t seen better kicks or punches.”


That actually snapped through to my mind. “What do you mean: ‘haven’t seen better kicks or punches?’ Surely someone here can do these basics well enough.”


He shook his head before my question registered. “Those were the BASICS?”


I nodded and began to leave the ring. With my anger’s haze lessened, I could feel my energy almost completely drained and it would do me no good to be unable to move under my own power. My friends and… I stopped as the thought came before me. We always did stop each other from overexerting ourselves. I headed into an empty corner. I wonder if I’ll see them again. Lee, Simon, John… I sat still deep in thought. I know that they noticed I disappeared. I closed my eyes.






The real question: How did they break the news?

My rest wasn’t as peaceful as I hoped...