• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 1,967 Views, 126 Comments

Legend of the Sirens: A Fathers Return - zalla661



Shortly after Sonata and Adagio tell the Rainbooms about their father life goes on. A year later during a school project Adagio reveals a certain obsession she's had over the last year leading her friends to wonder what has her so frightened.

  • ...
8
 126
 1,967

When things go right...

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone! How's life?

My life's going great!

To start I want to thank Just Defender for helping out with terminology I wasn't aware of!

So onto the story! First I want to make something clear about Big G in this fic. While he is Legendary Goji, he's still considerably smaller than her was in the movies. Instead of being over 200 feet or whatever he's only about 160 to 150, roughly maybe less. Cause while Japan always made ridiculous super weapons and scared the shit out of the UN, we'll be a little more conservative.

Cause let's face it, the Super X is suppose to be the under dog.

So, that being said hope you enjoy the next chapter. Sorry its a bit short but I hit a road block, but don't worry I'll update in the next week or so!

Adagio sat beside the rest of the G-Force readying the Super X for combat. The ship was hovering over the ruins of the fallen facility where it was housed and Spitfire and her team look upon it with sorrow.

“I wonder how many people didn’t make it?” Fleetfoot asked behind her lisp.

Spitfire didn’t respond at first, giving a moment of silence before looking out in the distance where the insect abomination that plowed through the facility was wandering off.

“We need to get that monster.” She said to her team who nodded in agreement.

The team looked over the destruction. The insect kaiju stumbled towards the edge of the facility where the power reactor to the city of Canterlot was. On the other side was the ocean and a few miles north was Canterlot city.

“Alright G-Force, let’s go get that beast!” Spitfire then held out her arm at the monitor cupping her hand into a fist. “Super X attack!”

“RIGHT!” Everyone said together, with the exception of Adagio who was busy on her laptop.

The large craft wasn’t terribly fast. In fact it was considerably slow and was usually placed within the operation areas ahead of time by means of a team of specially modified White Heroin V-22 Ospreys.

This time was different a monster attacked them and plowed through their base and was still within reach of the Super X. Spitfire gunned the throttle and the hovercraft ship slowly moved forward making a slightly faster pace than the kaiju it pursued.

“Dazzle, what’s the sitrep?” Spitfire looked over to Adagio who was monitoring the kaiju.

“It’s the same kaiju the monster known as Godzilla was following.” She said not looking away from her laptop.

“Hmm, so you think that, Big G, will be here?” Spitfire asked.

Adagio rolled her eyes grinding her teeth. She was glad her back was to Spitfire otherwise she might have said something, unpleasant.

“I’m sure he’ll be here.” Adagio said bitterly. “He knows that Elechos-”

“Elechos? What’s that?” Fleetfoot interrupted the siren.

Adagio clenched her fist. She really hated following orders and being told what to do. It was a siren's nature to rule not to be ruled. That and she hated the way the G-Force viewed her father. Ignoring her primal instincts she pulled up a file and sent it to all the consoles over the Super X, showing the crew the data she’d collected on Elechos.

“This is Elechos, an ancient primordial species similar to the fluke worm,” Adagio explained showing the larva state of the kaiju. “When they’re born they spend over a week eating and maturing until they reach an adult stage at around six to eight months.”

Adagio then showed a large more cockroach like creature which was the one they were after.

“This is the Elechos at around a month to two months of age.” She said pointing at her own monitor while everyone looked at theirs. “They feed off a large kaiju like a parasite and grow until they can hunt on their own. Then they lay eggs within the kaiju and hatch after the kaijus death.”

The team seemed very interested in the information but Spitfire seemed on edge about it, tapping her fingers impatiently as they advanced on Elechos.

“Yeah, yeah, that’s great Razzle Dazzle! So how does that help us kill it?” Spitfire groaned. “We aren’t here on a science field trip!”

Adagio glared over at the woman stepping out of her seat. Spitfire did the same setting the autopilot on and met the siren at the center of the ship. Soarin abandoned his post to stand between then feeling rather anxious and slightly nauseated.

“Ladys! Can we save this cat fight for when we don't have to save the city?”

“Shut it Soarin! I wanna hear what she has to say.” Spitfire said, challenging Adagio.

The siren was so close to decking the woman in her smug face when a beeping from her laptop caught her attention. Adagio turned flicking her orange puffy hair into Spitfire’s face.

“I don’t have time for this. We got a city to save.” Adagio said, casually waving her hand behind her taking her seat.

The other members of G-Force gasped at the casual behavior Adagio displayed at hitting their leader in the face. Even if it was just hair, the blatant disrespect baffled them to no end, and Spitfire was positively livid inside but made no physical display of it. With the exception of her left eye which was twitching sporadically. Spitfire stormed back to her chair and punched the autopilot button causing it to spark.

She steered the Super X closer to Elechos strafing along side the kaiju who seemed to be ignoring the craft. It’s large cockroach like body swayed heavily from side to side as it walked, almost like a waddle. Its large six legs made it stand well over 100 feet tall. It large insect head was long and beak like with large mandibles wrapped over its underjaw. Though the Super X was relatively small compared to the kaiju it was still a massive machine. The craft slowly maneuvered in front of Elechos standing between the kaiju and the reactor.

Spitfire looked at the monster with a sinister grin. “Alright everyone! Get ready! Jumper ready the rockets!”

“Aye!” A woman from the back of the ship's bridge activated the Super X’s top mounted rocket launcher.

The weapon was built into the top of the ship and slid up to reveal the barrels within. Jumper stared at a small screen locking onto Elechos.

“Weapon ready ma’am!”

“Good! Fire a single rocket!” Spitfire yelled.

Jumper pressed a button and a single rocket flew from the confines of the barrel within the Super X. The rocket sored to the insectoid kaiju hitting it hard in the head but only made it flinch due to the force. Elechos otherwise was unaffected by the weapon. And continued towards the reactor.

“The weapon had no effect ma’am!” Jumper reported.

Spitfire grinned. “Launch three this time.”

Obeying the Super X launched three rockets this time. The impact did nothing to Elchos again. This time however the kaiju took notice of the annoying fly in its path. It let out a mighty screech as it halted its advance to face the Super X giving its undivided attention to the machine.

Most of the Super X crew seemed nervous of this, but Spitfire grinned at him gripping the controls firmly. There was a short while where the kaiju and Super X did nothing but have a stare down until finally Elechos charged at the Super X full speed, letting out a roar as it ran across the fields.

Spitfire smirked. “Dumb bug. Soarin activate refractal armor!”

“Aye!” The man beside her said.

Turning a small knob the Super X’s hull broke into smaller segments, each one redirecting itself, to adjust the surfaces of the crafts front end of look like a serrated mushroom.

“Now! Fleetfoot full throttle!” Spitfire yelled out. “Ram full speed into him!”

“Are you craz?! No don’t answer that! You ARE insane!” Adagio screamed flailing her arms. “I want off this crazy joy ride!”

Her words fell on deaf ears at eh Super X crew prepared for the sudden impact. When the kaiju and craft made contact the Kaiju was sent flying back several hundred meters sliding on the ground creating a dirt path as it did.

The SUper X remained in place relatively unscaved. The crew was no worse with one exception. Adagio cursed and yelled as many profanities as possible to SPitfire who was now rubbing her temples, regretting bringing her along.

“Why would you even do that!? Who charges a monster of that size in such a small craft! What if it overpowered us!?!”

Spitfire groaned running her hand down her face with great frustration. “Will you shut up! Agh, damage report!”

Soarin reported negative damage and the rest of the crew did as well. Fleetfoot checked her instruments and found one anomaly in the craft.

“Major, I think we have a problem with the main power flow regulators.” Fleetfoot reported. “It looks like a bad coil.”

Spitfire waved it off. “We have those all the time. Nothing to worry about.”

Adagio frowned at the Major’s disregard to the situation. Something small could turn into something bigger. Thinking back it was typical of her to do such things. A beeping caught the sirens attention when a second bio reading from the ocean came up. Scanning over her laptop she looked to confirm the life sign.

“Father.”

“Major! Second reading from the ocean!”

Spitfire glared at Adagio. “Hey Razzle Dazzle, I thought you were monitoring?”

“You never told me what to monitor so how was I supposed to know.” The siren said in a most obnoxious tone, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ugh, just tell us where the two kaiju are at all times. Can you manage that?” Spitfire snapped at her, turning back to the view screen.

“Aye, aye ma’am.” Adagio mock saluted huddling over the laptop. “Fucking bitch needs to get laid I say.” Adagio ran her fingers across her laptop scanning for any changes in the kaiju locations.

From the ocean deep several miles out, Godzilla’s scutes tore through the ocean's surface at high speed. Off the shores heading back to the Naval port at Canterlot City was the carrier USS Jack Ryan going at a steady pace. The crew of the carrier were relaxing as much as one would expect on a floating city in the ocean. Crews were running around preparing the ship for dock, the planes were being stored away, and the last of the flights for the day were coming in for their final landings.

A pair of F-18 fighters were flying back to the Jak Ryan when they spotted something piercing the waters. Alerting the Jack Ryan to the unusual object the F-18 pilots redirected themselves to follow the object when it diverted course heading towards the carrier. Just seconds before impact the object submerged beneath the waters avoiding contact with the carrier and reemerged from the water on the opposite side heading for the shoreline where a massive creature could be seen by the pilots.

Back on land Elechos roared charging the Super X again ending with the same result as the first time. The refractal armor sent the kaiju back. This repeated three times as the crew of the Super X cheered at the monsters foolhardy attempts to destroy the craft, thus boosting their confidence.

“Man, look at that dumb bug!” One crewmember said cheerfully.

Soarin laughed doing a fist bump with Spitfire. “I had my doubts but this is looking good, Major!”

“Yes, that bug just doesn’t know when to quit.” Spitfire agreed with him making the crew cheer once more.

Adagio however didn’t join in cheering. She felt something was wrong. She’d been observing the kaiju attacks. They didn’t seem as erratic to her as the G-Force believed. The kaiju was putting more force behind every attack that failed. Something wasn’t right. She could feel it in her gut.

Suddenly the kaiju charged forward again heading straight for the Super X. Spitfire and the crew laughed feeling at ease with the monsters futile attempts to attack them.

“Hey, look at this guy thinking he owns the place!” Soarin roared with laughter.

“Major! Let’s use the Maser cannon and end this fight.” Fleetfoot suggested. “We’ve played with this thing long enough.”

Spitfire thought it over as the kaiju named the Super X again this time from an awkward angle only pushing itself back a bit this time. Adagio took note of it. Elechos began circling the craft as it spun in place to keep facing him.

“He’s trying to flank us…” Adagio mumbled as the laptop beeped. “Major Spitfire, the water contact is here!”

“About time,” Spitfire said. “What’s the range?”

Sorain made the calculations from his station. “Distance from target is 300 meters. Closing fast, it's him. It’s Godzilla ma’am.”

“About time! Power up the mauser cannon!” Spitfire ordered.

The crew ever so loyal to her readied their stations and Spitfire lead the Super X away from Elechos and Godzilla as the two kaiju looked upon one another. Unmoving, both were sizing up the other waiting for the other to make a move.

One minute passed, then two, then three. Finally after many tense minutes of waiting Elechos charged Godzilla full force, the kaiju insectoid legs shaking the earth as it shuffled its massive weight into Godzilla who was still half submerged in the deeper water.

Both monsters fell to the ground, Godzilla taking Elchos with him, both spinning and landing in the water. A brief struggle ensued and Godzilla emerged victoriously. His massive hulk of a body loomed over Elechos who struggled under his massive weight to break free. Godzilla took the opportunity to bite down on Helechos neck. A sickening snapping sound resonated followed by an pained screech from the insectoid monster as its chitin shell cracked under Godzilla’s maw.

*Great job, dad!* Adagio cheered internally for her father.

“Mauser cannon ready, Major!”

“FIRE!”

“NO!”

The reaction was instantaneous. Adagio’s eyes dilated, her body went tense,and she flew from her seat and into Spitfire ramming her controls to the side. The mauser cannon fired its spiraling blue energy beam stripping at the earth all the way to the ocean where it hit Elechos instead of its intended target.

The chitin of Elechos shattered with easy under the intense power of the mauser cannon, making the kaiju screech out in pain. Violet blood poured out ot Elechos as its open wound seemed to spread under Godzilla’s maw.

On the Super X chaos reigned. Adagio was punched across the face by Spitfire who order her to be restrained. Soarin held Adagio down in her chair while Fleetfoot cuffed her hands around the chair from behind.

Spitfire looked furious. Adagio being the siren she was wasn’t afraid of a mere human, but did feel herself restraining herself. If she wanted to, even with her diminished powers, she knew she could destroy the Super X easily from within. However she promised Rainbow not to hurt any humans ever again unless it as completely necessary The two women glared at each other.

“You are so lucky we have something more important to deal with than you, Soarin!”

“Yes, Major!?” Soarin saluted.

“Get back to the controls.” Spitfire watched as the man went back to his station then turned to face Adagio again. “When we get back you can forget about our deal after that stunt you pull.” Spitfire pressed her hand against Adagio’s chest threateningly. “I promise you will rot in a cell for a long time for this.”

Adagio Simply smirked in response and gave a light hearted chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Spitfire demanded.

“You’ll never beat him.” Adagio said with unnerving confidence. “He’ll destroy you before you even know what hit you.”

Spitfire grinned grabbing hold of Adagio’s cheeks with her gloved hand. “And what makes you think that? You know something we don’t?”

Adagio said nothing but a worried mumbling from th ecrew made her take pause. Then from behind her Soarin tapped her shoulder. Spitfire turned feeling her blood run cold at the sight of Godzilla’s muzzle which was now inches from the Super X. He didn’t take any action but simply inspected the tiny craft, sniffing it a few times.

The G Force crew did nothing. None of them moved, none of them said a word. Spitfire growled taking her station and gripped the controls. Moving the ship away from Godzilla, who watched it slowly back away.

“Soarin what’s the statues of the mauser cannon?”

Before the man could answer the ship shook when Godzilla took hold of the craft with his massive clawed hand which was just big enough to hold the Super X. He started into his clawed hand and let out a mighty roar.

His roar made the G-Force team cover their ears in pain, but for Adagio it was music to her ears.